NBA returning to Seattle?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Throwdown

Reaction score
Either way, the last 2 days things got uglier than a Master P album cover from back in the day

AbsolutNET

Reaction score
http://sulia.com/ricbucher/f/5132abbc-1 ... c417238ad/

Source: Sacramento could have a harder time keeping Kevin Johnson than keeping the Kings at this point. As it
stands, if the current Sacramento group matches the essential elements of the agreement with the group in Seattle, the league committee weighing the two offers is expected to recommend keeping the Kings where they are....

AROS

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
All I know is I am sick and tired of the back and forth in the news. I just want it over with. Yes, I want the Sonics home but at this point, I'm just wanting this whole stupid thing over already. Sick of hearing about all the disappointing twists and turns on the news. It's like peeling away that band-aid with hair underneath super, super slowly versus tearing the bastard off at once and being done with it.

Throwdown

Reaction score
Aros":281nllpz said:
All I know is I am sick and tired of the back and forth in the news. I just want it over with. Yes, I want the Sonics home but at this point, I'm just wanting this whole stupid thing over already. Sick of hearing about all the disappointing twists and turns on the news. It's like peeling away that band-aid with hair underneath super, super slowly versus tearing the bastard off at once and being done with it.

Pretty much.

Just one more week, and its all resolved, either we're getting our hearts broke again or we're dancing in the streets celebrating the return making our sports scene whole again.

JSeahawks

Reaction score
Throwdown":1r1ecpfd said:
Aros":1r1ecpfd said:

Pretty much.

Just one more week, and its all resolved, either we're getting our hearts broke again or we're dancing in the streets celebrating the return making our sports scene whole again.

Not sure how your sports scene can be whole when your city doesnt have a Division 1 college football team.

Blitzer88

Reaction score
AbsolutNET":vf70xzfe said:
http://sulia.com/ricbucher/f/5132abbc-1702-4ae3-ab36-2cfc417238ad/

Source: Sacramento could have a harder time keeping Kevin Johnson than keeping the Kings at this point. As it
stands, if the current Sacramento group matches the essential elements of the agreement with the group in Seattle, the league committee weighing the two offers is expected to recommend keeping the Kings where they are....

Son of a......I am so over this, we can not catch a break.

I am no sick to my stomach. We all can try and spin things to make it seem as if we are gonna get the team back, but what the past few days have taught me is that ultimately in the end we will have too many things stacked against somehow and will be left in the cold by the NBA again.

Throwdown

Reaction score
JSeahawks":2y906top said:
Throwdown":2y906top said:
Aros":2y906top said:

Pretty much.

Not sure how your sports scene can be whole when your city doesnt have a Division 1 college football team.

Do college teams even count? real question.

AbsolutNET

Reaction score
JSeahawks":3bt8kag2 said:
Throwdown":3bt8kag2 said:
Aros":3bt8kag2 said:

Pretty much.

We should compare it to a city with no pro sports teams, instead.

Laloosh

Reaction score
AbsolutNET":17u58atw said:
http://sulia.com/ricbucher/f/5132abbc-1702-4ae3-ab36-2cfc417238ad/

Given reports like this becoming more prevalent, can't imagine what it's got to be like for Hansen...

Hawkspur

Reaction score
Is the Hansen group able to raise their bid if the Sacramento group match?

Throwdown

Reaction score
Hawkspur":mdvfkkoh said:

Yes, according to Condotta, there is an escalate option in the PSA with the wonderful Maloofs.

Subzero717

Reaction score
Throwdown":3m218vcy said:
Hawkspur":3m218vcy said:

Yes, according to Condotta, there is an escalate option in the PSA with the wonderful Maloofs.

Then I'm not worried. The Cow Town Posse cant seem to match the initial offer even knowing what it is. If tge Hansen group can counter it will be a dagger.

seahawk2k

Reaction score
If this turns into a bidding war, the team is coming to seattle. Sacramento doesn't have the pockets to match if it gets to that. I definitely feel like we are going to get screwed here though.

It makes horrible business sense for the Kings to stay in Sacramento, but the NBA doesn't really care about that.

pinksheets

Reaction score
stacks-and-stacks-of-money_pan_13304.jpg

Blitzer88

Reaction score
pinksheets":6xfu4hht said:

With the rumors of Stern backing the Sac bid and doing all that he can do make sure they contend I don't think money is important as a factor than some think. Stern seems to have more pull than some are letting us believe and once I heard that I knew that we were in in trouble. I want to believe and be confident, but I just have a horrible gut feeling that we will be burned again. I mean I know some of you are weary of Ric Bucher, but up until this point he has been pro-Seattle, but after appearing on the Brock Huard show today and saying it still favors Seattle he later puts out a piece about how rumors are that if Sacramento meets a few more needed pieces that they would be favored/recommended to keep the Kings. And truthfully all the positive news about Seattle being the favorite is really only coming from our part of the country nowadays, whereas most other media outlets seem to think that it is more of a toss up. I am probably rambling, but I am feeling sick over the thought of us getting screwed again and just feel that the chances are very high that we do get the raw end of the deal again.

Seahawk Sailor

Reaction score
California via Negros Occidental, Philippines
Like I said, Stern is the damned decaying atom in the box.

Whether the owners are leaning one way or the other, whether the Malooffs want to sell to Chris Hansen & Co. or not, or whether Sacramento's offer is anywhere close to Seattle's, it all depends on whether that atom has decayed or not.

pinksheets

Reaction score
The NBA loses money by keeping the team in Sacramento.

The team isn't worth, in Sacramento, the amount needed to buy the team.

It's arithmetic. I just don't buy into the NBA being charitable, which is what keeping a team in a market with no spending power and no potential for a large television deal is, charity.

Status
Not open for further replies.