Richard Sherman: I was misquoted

OP
OP
G

gspin2k1

Reaction score
I just love they made sure to insert this quote "The thing that people dont understood is that its a prescribed drug that some people have to take."

- You know so more fuel could be given to the people who already hate Sherman

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
I think that is the plan. Some players thrive with the it's "me against the world" mentality, Sherman is one of those.

Rocket

Reaction score
A wise man once said "discretion is the better part of valor" and it seems to apply here.
Sherm... hush. Just hush. Really.

Rocket

Reaction score
Crap, I'm agreein' with the Norse God of Blue Circles.
This means the Eagles are all reuniting.

Cartire

Reaction score
Sherm doesnt need to hush. I fail to see how a humanitarian/professional athlete, should be barred from doing interviews, because the media loves creating a bad guy for ratings.

We should stop telling sherm to hush, and start telling the media to focus on shermans amazing, charitable qualities, instead of the spun words of a interviewer.

Atradees

Reaction score
I was misquote too. I said, yes officer my registration is right here. In the police report it said, yes ossifer would you like a mug of beer.
This actually happened. The Dallas Oregon's finest.

bestfightstory

Reaction score
Sherm is a victim!!!!

Mean drug testers!

Mean gotcha journalists!

Mean Roddy White!

Mean Skip Bayless!

Mean pee gatherers!

Mean misquoters!

Who couldn't see this coming?

Bakergirl

Reaction score
Cartire":guu55342 said:
Sherm doesnt need to hush. I fail to see how a humanitarian/professional athlete, should be barred from doing interviews, because the media loves creating a bad guy for ratings.

We should stop telling sherm to hush, and start telling the media to focus on shermans amazing, charitable qualities, instead of the spun words of a interviewer.

:th2thumbs:

WestcoastSteve

Reaction score
Rocket":1cyml1no said:
A wise man once said "discretion is the better part of valor" and it seems to apply here.

I love his trash talking on the field, but off the field he's just digging himself in a hole.

Bakergirl

Reaction score
WestcoastSteve":k98i8uup said:
Rocket":k98i8uup said:

I love his trash talking on the field, but off the field he's just digging himself in a hole.

Truthfully he's just answering questions...the reporters are digging for him.

bestfightstory

Reaction score
Bakergirl":3ess3jt0 said:
WestcoastSteve":3ess3jt0 said:
Rocket":3ess3jt0 said:

Truthfully he's just answering questions...the reporters are digging for him.

Digging reporters are MEAN!

JesterHawk

Reaction score
seahawksflow":19r9y1iq said:
So he claims he was misquoted, then the newspaper comes back with video evidence that he was not.

http://www.vancouversun.com/sports/foot ... story.html

Sounds to me like 'misquoted' might not be the right word, but they did take it out of context. The way it's presented in that video and the original article that the reporter released don't come across the same way. 'Journalism' at it's finest.

Here's the snippet they quoted him for:

“About half the league takes it [Adderall] and the league has to allow it,” Sherman said. “The league made a mistake in my case. Obviously, I didn’t do anything, but you have to go through a process to prove you didn’t do anything. There are still naysayers out there who don’t believe me. But I accept it. If everybody loves you, it probably means you’re not much of a player.”

Mentions nothing about those players having a prescription, when framed in reference to the question the reporter asked, his answer doesn't mean nearly the same thing it is portrayed as.

OP
OP
G

gspin2k1

Reaction score
There's pretty much nothing Sherman could do at this point to get the people who already hate him to like him. Outside of suddenly becoming uber humble so hopefully they show more of his charitable contributions rather than his mouth.

All I want is for him to keep his trash with people on the other team. That thing with Kam was very small and seemed squashed quickly, but hopefully nothing worse than that happens within the team. Supposedly Harvin in the lockers is a talker as well, and combined with Sherman in practice that could be good, could be bad. Hopefully it's just good friendly competition.

There is going to be a point though in the NFL where Sherman just hits Paris Hilton status, and people are going to be completely sick of anything having to do with him.

Cartire

Reaction score
gspin2k1":4cqr0y19 said:

There is going to be a point though in the NFL where Sherman just hits Paris Hilton status, and people are going to be completely sick of anything having to do with him.

That is completely utter nonsense. Paris Hilton has done absolutely nothing for mankind except co-exist and take up oxygen. Sherman is a humanitarian and an amazing athlete. I see zero comparison and you should be banned for 24 hours for just making this ridiculous comparison.

The Radish

Reaction score
Rocket":19ppo0zc said:

I'm with Rocket here. If you're going to open your big mouth you'd better have some backup other than "I was misquoted". That truly sucks and sounds like the same story he told about drugs.

This drug deal, if he wants to say it seems to him half the league is using alderal fine. But to state it as fact, better have proof.

Make comments about other players, if you're in danger of being misquoted then make comments that aren't "iffy" and whine about it later.

He can say anything he wants but should understand lots of people won't take his word for it and he needs to be sure of his facts and the backup for them.

A player like him can't make outragous statements and then come with with "Oh the devil made me do that" as an excuse cause that just sounds like backtracking attempts.

:roll:

OP
OP
G

gspin2k1

Reaction score
Cartire":zktapqhp said:
gspin2k1":zktapqhp said:

That is completely utter nonsense. Paris Hilton has done absolutely nothing for mankind except co-exist and take up oxygen. Sherman is a humanitarian and an amazing athlete. I see zero comparison and you should be banned for 24 hours for just making this ridiculous comparison.

When I wrote Paris Hilton status, I meant it more in regards where she was ALWAYS in the news over something she did or said that was bad. And eventually people just stopped wanting to hear/read anything about her. Not comparing them as actual people.

That's what I'm saying about Sherman. Let's face it outside of Seahawk news, the only thing that actually makes national media attention in regards to Sherman is always something bad that he's said or done (nothing like committing crimes, but you know like that whole Tom Brady or Skip Bayless confrontation). Bottomline is really the only people who like Sherman are the Seahawk fans (myself included) and even then there are a lot of us (just look at this board) who want him to just shut up. But the media keeps showcasing articles about him that are negative, so again it's going to reach a point where eventually everyone (the general public OUTSIDE of Seahawk fans) is just going to want to hear/see/read nothing about him....despite his amazing athletic abilities.

As for seeing me as needing to be banned because I have an opinion that doesn't match yours, well thankfully your not a moderator. Because that sure wouldn't promote any actual discussions on these boards now would it?