Winfield Visiting Seattle UPDATE:Who knows anything amirite?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Russ Willstrong

Reaction score
Damned Broncos and other contenders trying to sabotage this potentially great acquisition for the Hawks. One can only hope Winfield is just sitting in his home by the fireplace waiting out the snowfall before he makes a break for Seattle to join Harvin.

CHawks4L

Reaction score
I agree... sitting in limbo make me so far from productive. I can't stop checking updates... waiting for news... his agent must have let it out of the bag that we were close to signing him. With all of the positive press in our new additions, teams are likely just looking at what we do and jumping in if they can.

Russ Willstrong

Reaction score
Finally Good News!!

The snow has begun to let up in Minnesota.

That damn groundhog Punxsutawney Phil will finally emerge covered in the white stuff to tell us he was wrong about predicting an early spring. He'll then try to predict whether Winfield will sign with Seattle.

Shadyhawk182

Reaction score
You got my hopes up
Read "finally good news"
What followed was not what I had hoped.

Russ Willstrong

Reaction score
Shadyhawk182":1oc8dtt9 said:
You got my hopes up
Read "finally good news"

Sorry.. Chances of any real news at this hour is pretty slim Shady. :mrgreen:

Shadyhawk182

Reaction score
Russ Willstrong":mldf25us said:
Shadyhawk182":mldf25us said:
You got my hopes up
Read "finally good news"

Sorry.. Chances of any real news at this hour is pretty slim Shady. :mrgreen:
OHhhhhhhh...you.
Like this guy
:th2thumbs:

Russ Willstrong

Reaction score
Thanks Shady. You guys are fun to read too. Just checking up for any breaking news like the rest of yall.

Uncle Si

Reaction score
I
Russ Willstrong":1jv31zup said:
Finally Good News!!

The snow has begun to let up in Minnesota.

That damn groundhog Punxsutawney Phil will finally emerge covered in the white stuff to tell us he was wrong about predicting an early spring. He'll then try to predict whether Winfield will sign with Seattle.

I don't know what window you're looking from mate but its pissing white stuff right now, and will all night. Damned state. I want to be back on the PNW.. maybe Winny will follow

NYCoug

Reaction score
So apparently the words "close" and "imminent" mean absolutely nothing in the sports media anymore. Good to know. Is there anyone on twitter claiming to be Winfield's cousin's butcher anymore, where's that guy? Maybe he's got an update for us?

Ed Werder is a professional troll.

Subzero717

Reaction score
NYCoug":279sbmmj said:
So apparently the words "close" and "imminent" mean absolutely nothing in the sports media anymore. Good to know. Is there anyone on twitter claiming to be Winfield's cousin's butcher anymore, where's that guy? Maybe he's got an update for us?

Ed Werder is a professional troll.

Close and imminent means he will be signing elsewhere.

onanygivensunday

Reaction score
Keep the faith, boys... Pete and John will do the right thing.

I want Winfield as much as any of you but at the right price.

RichNhansom

Reaction score
What games might have ended differently last year if we had Winfield? I can think of a few, like Detroit and Atlanta for a couple but as close as so many games were, it could be more.

CurryStopstheRuns

Reaction score
RichNhansom":232laq6h said:
What games might have ended differently last year if we had Winfield? I can think of a few, like Detroit and Atlanta for a couple but as close as so many games were, it could be more.

Miami. New England may have had a bigger point differential since Welker was the only one that really hurt the Seahawks.

DavidSeven

Reaction score
RichNhansom":kelosqxw said:

That's hard to say. First, Winfield is solid in coverage but by no means elite or "lock down." Also, many could legitimately argue that the lack of pass rush was the primary culprit in those losses.

It would be better to look at losses where we were hurt by the opponent's run game, because that's where Winfield honestly excels.

HawkFan72

Reaction score
RichNhansom":3q8xewk0 said:

Were there any games where Trufant directly led us to a loss?

I know he had some really bad plays throughout the year, but I never pinned any of the losses directly on him.

HawkWow

Reaction score
Looking at film of both Winfield and Tyrann Mathieu.....(at least their highlights), the two have very similar traits. The three glaring differences are not captured on film: The off field baggage of the Badger, the age of Winfield and the (presumed) price differential between the two. At the rate Mathieu is going, he may slip to the 4th (he can't recall how many drug tests he's failed??). Even at 3 mil for Winfield, the Badger can be had for about 1/6th of that (unless I am mistaken). There is definitely risk with this numbskull, but there is no question he has more remaining years / more upside than Winfield.

We are in the rare, luxurious position of being able to gamble on a mid rd pick. I wonder if we shouldn't roll the dice on the Badger, offer him very little front money and saddle the terms of his contract with caveats and incentives. Even if beaten out by Thurmond, he would still be a weapon on special teams if he gets his shiz together. If he don't...we lose a valuable pick in this draft but that happens with almost every team in almost every draft.

I am not suggesting we go through this route...just something I woke up thinking about and wondered if others see this as a viable option?

bigcc

Reaction score
DavidSeven":qbe9bdar said:
RichNhansom":qbe9bdar said:

That's hard to say. First, Winfield is solid in coverage but by no means elite or "lock down." Also, many could legitimately argue that the lack of pass rush was the primary culprit in those losses.

It would be better to look at losses where we were hurt by the opponent's run game, because that's where Winfield honestly excels.

loss vs. SF they had 175 yards rushing averaging 5.5 ypc
loss vs. MIA they had 189 rushing yards averaging 6.8 ypc

two losses directly due to the run game right there

Status
Not open for further replies.