Winfield Visiting Seattle UPDATE:Who knows anything amirite?

Status
Not open for further replies.

DavidSeven

Reaction score
I think it's possible that Winfield's people floated this info out there to put some pressure on the Vikings. I bet he's willing to take less with Seattle, but could be swayed by Minnesota upping their initial offer.

The Outfield

Reaction score
Well, the Vikings have $4.4m cap space, the Hawks have $8.9m, so I can't imagine the Vikings want to spend all that much.

drdiags

Reaction score
The Vikings will have to give him a little more but in the end, I could see him finishing his career there. It may be a chance to go to the big dance but otherwise it is probably only a year deal, two max and not a lot of money is my guess.

Seattle basically did this with Trufant last year. They were successful in getting him back on a team-friendly short-term deal and ending up needing him to play because of youth or injuries not allowing others to step up.

WestcoastSteve

Reaction score
Hawknballs":2chy7moh said:
I really think Jeremy Lane could be a great CB, but having Winfield short term could be nice.

With his size I don't ever really see Winfield playing outside in our scheme but I think he will man the slot with Lane and Thurmond able to sub for Browner or Sherman if need-be.

RichNhansom

Reaction score
Floridahawk79":2o67zxbj said:
I wonder how much Harvin and Rice are adding to it?

UGHHH dammit, why did we trade Jackson, he could have been the catalyst to close the deal.

Gotta love the Vikings west. much better than the deal we had going with Detroit in the past.

OP
OP
GCrow

GCrow

Reaction score
The Outfield":2ekuptbe said:
Well, the Vikings have $4.4m cap space, the Hawks have $8.9m, so I can't imagine the Vikings want to spend all that much.

Plus their gonna have to pay those 2 first round picks in a month.

titan3131

Reaction score
1 million dollars on the hawks signing him on Friday 3/12/2013

this deal makes me so happy in my pantalones.

The 49ers sign washed up ashmounga, We get the best corner in the league for the slot.

Let me check the score again....

42-13, 1/1 split

Offseason Quality accusitions.

Seahawks 6
9ers 2?

HawkWow

Reaction score
Playmakers at every level on both sides of the ball??? WTH is going on with our Seattle Seahawks??

Suddenly, Egypt just really isn't all that far away, now is it? ;)

dunceface

Reaction score
Just thinking about how excrutiatingly dominant our secondary would be with Winfield in the nickel CB positi-- *faints*

SmokinHawk

Reaction score
The Yugoslavian":10nhmgvl said:
I think it's funny how people say "arguably the best secondary" or "one of the best". Name one other defensive backfield that is even close to being a complete as ours. Its not even close. Two Probowl safeties, with Earl being All-Pro, 1 probowl CB (really should be 2 we all know Sherman deserved to be there) and Sherman was all-pro the best CB in all the NFL. If we sign Winfield then 5 probowlers in the secondary.

That isn't just obviously the best secondary in the NFL right now, That's probably the best in the history of game. How can you argue there is a better one currently in the game? You can't.

It is definitely a historically potent unit.

loafoftatupu

Reaction score
All we need now is Jared Allen and it will be the Seattle SeaKings. If we get Winfield, I hope we don't pay too much for the guy. In PCJS I trust.

SalishHawkFan

Reaction score
Wonder what Vegas over/under will be on points allowed for the Seahawks D. Last year's 15.8 is bound to go down. We're not facing nearly as many high octane offenses this season and our D just keeps getting better. What's the NFL record for lowest ppg allowed in a season?

Uncle Si

Reaction score
DavidSeven":34ito2rd said:
I think it's possible that Winfield's people floated this info out there to put some pressure on the Vikings. I bet he's willing to take less with Seattle, but could be swayed by Minnesota upping their initial offer.

he could have done that when he visited the Redskins.

dunceface

Reaction score
Uncle Si":29paueq4 said:
DavidSeven":29paueq4 said:

he could have done that when he visited the Redskins.

GREAT POINT! IM WITH YOU ON THAT! :th2thumbs: :th2thumbs: :th2thumbs:

lukerguy

Reaction score
The Outfield":199vsfpm said:

& have to sign two first round draft picks along with all of their others. Expect the the 23rd overall pick to hit about 1.8M against the cap, and 25 to hit about 1.6MM minimum. The contract will be in the range of 2MM per year so it's up to them how they want to structure it.

I'm guessing with the draft picks still needing to be signed by MIN, I would expect they only have 1.5M- 2 M max for Winfield.

gargantual

Reaction score
dunceface":il6ssw24 said:
Just thinking about how excrutiatingly dominant our secondary would be with Winfield in the nickel CB positi-- *faints*
This has been the general consensus around here (that he will play nickel CB), does anyone know if he'd be happy playing that rather than being one of the 2 main starting corners on a team? The thought makes me drool as well, but I wonder if he'll be alright with a reduced role.

Well, before posting I looked and low and behold Kevin Seifert was discussing just that here: http://espn.go.com/blog/nfcnorth/post/_ ... a-good-fit

I guess he's another guy coming to terms with entering his "autumn years" in the NFL.

Teqneek

Reaction score
titan3131":wmyewgk5 said:
1 million dollars on the hawks signing him on Friday 3/12/2013

this deal makes me so happy in my pantalones.

The 49ers sign washed up ashmounga, We get the best corner in the league for the slot.

Let me check the score again....

42-13, 1/1 split

Offseason Quality accusitions.

Seahawks 6
9ers 2?

Nnamdi had one good year.. I dont think he even gets the benefit of being called Washed up.. because he was never clean and shiny new elite CB anyways. (But apparently all it takes is ONE 8 int season ::more than half of his career TOTAL in 10 years:: to get paid like some elite player)

Status
Not open for further replies.