volsunghawk

Reaction score
Or if he is, he sure won't look the same:

http://proshop.seahawks.com/ProductDeta ... ctID=39363

Medium_100978_GameHomeJerseyAvril_Back.jpg

onanygivensunday

Reaction score
400WattHPSHawk":1v7igxa1 said:
Wattaway to find out you've been dumped. They could have atleast texted him.
Interesting perspective.

My view is the Hawks owe him nothing.

But I, as a fan, say Thanks Leroy.

twisted_steel2

Reaction score
I would hope the team talked to him, and let him know they didn't have any interest in bringing him back...

And he didn't find out by seeing the new Avril jerseys. That would suck.

I see #56 and I immediately associate it with Hill. I'm sure he does as well.

AROS

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
After Leroy's latest arrest, I'm quite sure both sides looked at each other, nodded knowingly and parted ways. I appreciate Leroy The Seahawk through the years but Leroy The Man has some growing up to do.

jlwaters1

Reaction score
twisted_steel2":2zzsg46o said:
I would hope the team talked to him, and let him know they didn't have any interest in bringing him back...

That's funny I never thought about HIll after seeing that until your brought it up. Evidently most of you liked Hill more than I. He's been an ok player, but never was a great player. The last year 2 years he was average IMO, so I'm not sad to see him go.

Hawknballs

Reaction score
Leeroy has been a free agent since the FA period began. I think he already got that memo and wasn't just sitting around refreshing the pro-shop to confirm it. Just a guess.

Hawk Finn

Reaction score
400WattHPSHawk":1h94el92 said:
Wattaway to find out you've been dumped. They could have atleast texted him.

Kinda like how Michael Anthony learned he was fired by listening to Howard Stern interview Eddie Van Halen.

Bigpumpkin

Reaction score
twisted_steel2":1hpr840t said:

I agree....that jersey just doesn't look right!

smashmouth59

Reaction score
I have been rewatching the games and I was surprised how many times I caught myself sayying, "great play leroy." He was extremely good at shedding blocks and next to wright was our best run defending linebacker in my opinion. He will be missed more than most think. I also like him because of his flaws. We can't all be choir boys...

CANHawk

Reaction score
smashmouth59":wqo5k1sd said:
I have been rewatching the games and I was surprised how many times I caught myself sayying, "great play leroy." He was extremely good at shedding blocks and next to wright was our best run defending linebacker in my opinion. He will be missed more than most think. I also like him because of his flaws. We can't all be choir boys...

I agree. LeRoy wasn't exactly an All Pro last year (and he was a bit of a liability against the pass at times IIRC), but he was very good at what he was put in there to do. I thought at many times watching games last year that he was the most fundamentally sound tackler on the entire field; he would break down, square up, set his feet, explode his shoulder into the ball carier's center of mass, wrap up the legs and drag them down to the ground. Too many guys these days just try to blow people up to get on Sports Center, but LeRoy deserves props for sticking to the fundamentals.

Shadowhawk

Reaction score
twisted_steel2":1tg6ppmt said:

I associated the old jersey #56 with Hill. Not the new one so much.

HawkWow

Reaction score
smashmouth59":2z0q8ack said:

Well said. Sometimes I've wondered if we expected more from Hill than what he was capable of giving. This and he took way too much flack for his pot use. That is just my opinion but I firmly believe that if a guy wants to smoke away from the facility (but not in his car) and it doesn't hinder his play...why should he not be able to do so? Without turning this into a NORML thread, there is obviously conclusive evidence that pot reduces pain. Pain is no stranger to NFL football players. Better this than getting them strung out on pain pills or feeding them copius amounts of other BS...like we did to the great #45.

Seanhawk

Reaction score
A London Hawk":e90v0w5t said:
Wasn't Avril given #56 a couple of weeks ago?

Yes. He was listed as #56 on .com almost immediately after he signed.

olyfan63

Reaction score
It's official: Leroy Hill has signed with the Broncos. This article from 10 days ago kinda slipped under the radar. Apparently both the Seahawks and Broncos are both benefitting from the two states' recent pot legalization laws, in the free agent recruiting wars.
http://www.denverpost.com/broncos/ci_22 ... ree-agents