Paul McCartney playing Safeco field this summer

The Lounge is for non-sport-related topics other than politics, war and religion. Order up your favorite beverage, kick back and enjoy the conversation! RATING: PG-13
  • July 19th, a Friday. Just got a text from a local radio station announcing it. Sadly I can't go as my niece is getting married in Spokane that weekend. Not too bummed as I saw him in '91 and '02 in SoCal. My Mrs. is pretty sad though as she's never seen him (she was not my Mrs. when I saw him previously). I recommend the show if you can afford it and like Beatles/Wings stuff.
    From the white sands
    To the canyon lands
    To the redwood stands
    To the barren lands

hawksfansinceday1
    NET Pro Bowler

• I wonder what tickets will cost, I would love to be at the show.
    The LOLs of the many outweigh the shame of the few
    Msfann
    *BRONZE SUPPORTER*
    *BRONZE SUPPORTER*

• The Cute Beatle coming there. As LOVE the Beatles! My all time favorite group!
    Happy NFL Training Camp!
    Passepartout
    NET Practice Squad

• Msfann wrote:I wonder what tickets will cost, I would love to be at the show.

Not sure you want to know.......field seats which are admittedly the best and most expensive seats are .....*gulp*.......$277 counting Ticketbastard rip-off service charges. Live Nation's website has the price breakdowns and there are definitely more affordable seats, but get too far off the field you'll end up watching it on the big screen cuz you'll be too far away if you do go to a lot of the cheaper ones. The Beatles are my all-time favorite band and I love a lot of Paul's stuff since then but damn man, these guys are starting to price me out of concerts. I paid $225 to see Waters do The Wall last year but had 12th row floor so thought it was worth it (it WAS amazing) but $277 for a baseball stadium show. Sorry Paul, even if I wasn't tied up that weekend, I wouldn't be going. Besides, not sure I'd have access to the good seats anyway since I'm not an AMEX card holder and don't have any of the other presale access.

I think my concert going is really going to become very selective from here on out. Rush down here in Portland was $110 including rip-off charges which is much more reasonable. I have a decent paying job but at some point you just gotta draw the line. $277 for floor in an arena for Sir Paul? Maybe. Same price in a baseball stadium? Um, no.
    From the white sands
    To the canyon lands
    To the redwood stands
    To the barren lands

hawksfansinceday1
    NET Pro Bowler

It is currently Wed Jul 30, 2014 9:38 am

Please REGISTER to become a member

Return to [ THE NET LOUNGE ]

Information