Let's Talk Mariners

Jake Hawks

Reaction score
After putting aside my frustration with how the inning went, I feel bad for the kid. That was just awful.

Blitzer88

Reaction score
Seahawk Sailor":ykuvdv92 said:
Well, just over an inning through and down 9-0? Yep. That's the Mariners we all know and love.

Nothing ever changes with this team.....nothing, I hate being a fan of them sometimes.

Blitzer88

Reaction score
Man none of the hitters are going up to bat with a sense of urgency......they have already given up tonight. Wouldn't be surprised if they got no hit.

getnasty

Reaction score
Watch Bedard throw a no no against us, that would really cap the night.

The Outfield

Reaction score
I could tell this kid might have confidence issues. It's a shame because I think he's a good pitcher otherwise. I hope he can figure it out.

Meanwhile, is Erasmo healthy yet?

jkitsune

Reaction score
I consider myself to be generally one of the more tolerant M's fans out there. And even I had to turn it off. Do we still not have a hit?

The Outfield

Reaction score
jkitsune":g1nu30dd said:
I consider myself to be generally one of the more tolerant M's fans out there. And even I had to turn it off. Do we still not have a hit?

Saunders got a hit. Now Bedard is out of the game at only 66 pitches. I decided to leave it on and am rooting for a comeback :)

The Outfield

Reaction score
peachesenregalia":4tl0ccqu said:
I don't know why you guys do this to yourselves every year. I mean, I do. You're fans, that's what fans do. Still, the only decent move the M's seemed to have made was getting Morales. They lost Vargas, still didn't pick up a closer and were still going with most of the same shitty bats. I hope things turn around, but it looks like another long and miserable year for the hardcore Ms fans.

Morse and Ibanez were good moves imo. Along with re-signing Felix and Iwakuma.

Blitzer88

Reaction score
I am of the mindset that the M's will never be a consistent winner with Howard Lincoln and Chuck Armstrong at the helm.

The Outfield

Reaction score
The rally was obviously doomed with Montero and Ackley up to bat with 2 outs.

I'm glad they came back with 9 runs.

DHawk

Reaction score
No kidding. I've expected Montero to be a so-so hitter anyway but what in the hell is up with Ackley? Who messed this kid up? Cause he looked promising when he first came in. Now he looks completely lost at the plate.

Blitzer88

Reaction score
Ackley has been a HUGE disappointment..........I think we might have to send him down now.

jkitsune

Reaction score
Okay, I'm going to stop trying to preach the whole "small sample size" thing, because its obviously not catching. I get that. I'm actually not opposed to the idea of sending our top prospects back down, either. I doubt it will happen, unfortunately, because the only people behind them are less major league-ready prospects. Let the record show that I think all judgments are premature, that the mariners will be slightly better this year than last, that they'll miss the playoffs, and that someday in the distant future the mariners will actually be good again.

But how about the homers? We've hit a lot of them so far. That's got to be worth something right?

pinksheets

Reaction score
ohmergerdz it's the same as every year! They're doomed already!

The M's still made smart offseason acquisitions, still look poised to be better than last year, and still have a lot of exciting young talent. I'm not worried.

And mofuggin' Zoo-nee-no.

[youtube]Q2gQOu46O68[/youtube]