NBA returning to Seattle?

Status
Not open for further replies.

JSeahawks

Reaction score
As an outsider to the situation I hope they don't go the expansion route. I'd feel bad for the people of Sacramento if they lost the Kings, and I feel bad for the people of Seattle that they lost the Sonics. But as a fan of the NBA there are already too many crappy teams and not enough great players to go around. I'd rather cut a few teams from the NBA than add more.

The Outfield

Reaction score
JSeahawks":f3rpma3r said:
As an outsider to the situation I hope they don't go the expansion route. I'd feel bad for the people of Sacramento if they lost the Kings, and I feel bad for the people of Seattle that they lost the Sonics. But as a fan of the NBA there are already too many crappy teams and not enough great players to go around. I'd rather cut a few teams from the NBA than add more.

Yeah, I agree. I don't think there's enough room for another team.

Blitzer88

Reaction score
Pstark3":3gobkvfb said:
@wchoops
THE LATEST: Some #NBA owners want Sacramento back and pushing hard for Seattle expansion team, big bucks to them if it happens

Well if expansion is ultimately out of the question, which I think it is based on what Stern said. For those suspected owners that want to make both parties happy how do they vote on the 18th/19th?

The Outfield

Reaction score
Blitzer88":czivv6fw said:
Pstark3":czivv6fw said:
@wchoops
THE LATEST: Some #NBA owners want Sacramento back and pushing hard for Seattle expansion team, big bucks to them if it happens

Well if expansion is ultimately out of the question, which I think it is based on what Stern said. For those suspected owners that want to make both parties happy how do they vote on the 18th/19th?

They have to put aside their feelings for Sacramento and vote for whichever side has the most solid financial situation and arena plan.

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
JSeahawks":267vjmrk said:
Can we cut Portland from the list of crappy teams? ;)

Zybot

Reaction score
You don't really want the NBA to cut the Blazers do you? I'm a Portland transplant and a Blazer fan. Most Blazer fans want to see the Sonics back. The team has good support, and a good owner.

The Outfield

Reaction score
There's definitely other teams I'd rather see cut before the Blazers. It's good to have a local rivalry :D

Lords of Scythia

Reaction score
Zybot":1j8kxnph said:
You don't really want the NBA to cut the Blazers do you? I'm a Portland transplant and a Blazer fan. Most Blazer fans want to see the Sonics back. The team has good support, and a good owner.
No, yeah. Like, hello? I think us Seattle folks know all about the Blazers' owner. ;)

Msfann

Reaction score
Zybot":gn0qdp8h said:

I think he was just messing with the local blazer fans a bit, nobody would want to see the blazers go anywhere for real.

The sonics/Blazers rivalry has always been more about a little fun trash talking and not about hate.

I'm a fan of no team until the Sonics come back but I would much rather see the blazer's succeed than others. (even though the nba is dead to me until we get another team)

Blitzer88

Reaction score
Looks like the Kings have in deed matched the H/B/N's bid.

David Bienick ‏@kcrabienick 2m
Sen. Steinberg: “…Sacramento has made not only a fully competitive offer, but an offer that matches dollar-for-dollar the Seattle offer.”

JOz56

Reaction score
Blitzer88":28zfumwm said:
Looks like the Kings have in deed matched the H/B/N's bid.

David Bienick ‏@kcrabienick 2m
Sen. Steinberg: “…Sacramento has made not only a fully competitive offer, but an offer that matches dollar-for-dollar the Seattle offer.”

Aside from the fact that I'm calling shenanigans (seriously, nobody else is reporting it), its a good thing that Hansen and Co. can increase their offer if needs be.

@bcondotta Whether this is true or not, the big question is whether or not Chris Hansen can counter the counterbid. #Seattle #Sacramento
@mrtommygman I've been told he can.

JOz56

Reaction score
And more...

Kelly Johnson ‏@KellyJohnsonBiz 2m
Steinberg did NOT say #Sacramento matched #Seattle’s bid for #Kings, only that Sac made a competitive bid, his spokesman says

Seahawk Sailor

Reaction score
California via Negros Occidental, Philippines
JOz56":3drptmit said:
And more...

Kelly Johnson ‏@KellyJohnsonBiz 2m
Steinberg did NOT say #Sacramento matched #Seattle’s bid for #Kings, only that Sac made a competitive bid, his spokesman says

Heh. Yea.

Just when we get a little worried, this pops out of the clown car that is the Sacramento Kings cheerleading investment group.

Throwdown

Reaction score
Go to Chris Daniels twitter feed, it was all bull and the offers might not be close.

That was cute though, I bet blitzer just about lost it.

Blitzer88

Reaction score
Throwdown":2euazu42 said:
Go to Chris Daniels twitter feed, it was all bull and the offers might not be close.

That was cute though, I bet blitzer just about lost it.

You have no idea..........I got into the fetal position and hid in my panic room............

Also, what does this mean?:
Chris Daniels‏@ChrisDaniels541m
RT @dakasler: Online now - Source: Maloof family sets deadline for Sacramento investors http://sacb.ee/XDReJR

I thought the Maloofs wanted to only deal with the Hansen/Ballmer group?

BillHawks

Reaction score
I read it as "we are sick of all this fake PR stuff Sacramento is spitting out, it's time to put up or shut up". I think they're just trying to get Sacramento to calm down on this media stuff.

BillHawks

Reaction score
Nothing really changed (if anything I think it's a positive), that's all you need to know. I'm sure pinksheets will be here shortly to talk you down.

Blitzer88

Reaction score
BillHawks":3tt14c9o said:
Nothing really changed (if anything I think it's a positive), that's all you need to know. I'm sure pinksheets will be here shortly to talk you down.

Man I hope so, but when it comes to the deadline that the Maloofs set, I see it as them, the Maloofs, thinking that there are enough votes to shoot down the Hansen bid and they are trying to make sure that they can get the amount of money offered no matter what group it is. God......I hope I'm wrong.

The Outfield

Reaction score
Blitzer, you really ought to stop worrying about it so much. We most likely won't know anything concrete until the 17-18th, so just sit back and relax.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts