Update: After working out 4, Seahawks to sign Brady Quinn

The Essential Online Seahawks Fan Forum Community. There simply is NO substitute. RATING: PG-13
  • Thigpen and Leinart must have stunk it up in the workout if Quinn and Wallace are the ones getting good buzz out of it. This really shouldn't surprise anyone, though.
    User avatar
    DavidSeven
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 3928
    Joined: Fri Jan 18, 2013 9:15 am


  • Guys - us watching those teams on live doesn't compare with our coaching staff looking at them on the all-22 films and working them out. They must have showed something to prove that they are good enough to be signed. We are looking at probaby $1.5million-$2 million / year so Quinn and Seneca must have shown good ability and film must have backed something up.

    I am not going to fault anyone for failing in Cleveland.....
    mikeak
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 3503
    Joined: Fri Aug 24, 2012 6:24 pm
    Location: Anchorage, AK


Re: Seahawks to sign Quinn today
Tue Apr 09, 2013 12:29 pm
  • DavidSeven wrote:
    Rat wrote:I used to be absurdly high on Brady Quinn. I still think he could have been something special had be been drafted by almost anyone else.


    Ditto. Was very high on him early on. Of course, his numbers have been AWFUL thus far. However, he's only gotten playing time on terrible rosters, and he was sort of screwed over in Denver due to the public clamoring for Tebow. By all accounts, Quinn beat him out in camp and practice (not a huge accomplishment, but still...).

    Never thought highly of Leinart or Thigpen ever, so this doesn't really bother me. Plus, it's back up QB. Who freakin' cares.



    AS mentioned by Volsung... please view the teams he played with.. he was suppose to do anythjing but fail with that ineptitude
    Teqneek
    NET Rookie
     
    Posts: 280
    Joined: Thu Aug 04, 2011 12:18 pm


  • Yes it's "just a backup" but at the very least, a good back up QB can make the rest of the team better. Better reps in practice for WR, TEs and RBs, better scouting for the defense, faster acclimation to the play book / game plan, better film study meetings, better competition for RW (not that he needs it, but is central to this program) etc.
    User avatar
    hoxrox
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 1341
    Joined: Wed Aug 05, 2009 5:29 pm


  • The SEA/SF chess match continues. This time at backup QB.

    Schneider "Oh yeah San Fran? I see your former Cleveland Browns 3rd round draft pick and I raise with a former Browns 1st rounder.

    Not the biggest fan of the move but what do I know? Plus, he's just a backup. Has some experience but what really impressed me, as noted above, was his press conference after the Chiefs got a W after the Belcher tragedy. Very well said by Mr. Quinn. I never really bought the hype on him coming out of Notre Dame, but I definitely thought he'd do better than he did. A lot of that has to do with being drafted by the Browns though.

    Here's wishing him the best in the Pacific Northwest!

    Talkin Seahawks All Day, All Night @ my blog Seafense! http://seafense.blogspot.com/
    User avatar
    NYCoug
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 1417
    Joined: Fri Jan 07, 2011 5:45 pm


Re: Seahawks to sign Quinn today
Tue Apr 09, 2013 12:31 pm
  • Don't you mean Office Depot? Wrong depot..... :177692: :sarcasm_off:

    I haven't posted in a while. This place smells like Mickey Rourke.

    JSeahawks wrote:Somebody needs to carry Russell's bags and go to Home Depot to restock his collection of sticky notes. Quinn is just as qualified as any other.
    User avatar
    Slick
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 621
    Joined: Sun Mar 04, 2007 7:52 am
    Location: Bellevue, WA


  • Still probably will have a few mugs calling sports radio next season asking to have Quinn start, because that is what we crazy fans do.
    Image
    Leon Washington 2010-2012 Red Bryant 2008-2013 Chris Clemons 2010-2013 Golden Tate 2010-2013
    Brandon Browner 2011-2013 Breno Giacomini 2011-2013 - Gone but not forgotten.
    R.I.P Les "PithyRadish" Norton 9/13/2014
    User avatar
    drdiags
    * The Doc *
    * The Doc *
     
    Posts: 9340
    Joined: Thu Mar 01, 2007 7:33 am
    Location: Covington, Washington


  • Sounds like he has potential to be a good QB room guy at the very least:

    Adam Wright‏@BlueOsprey14m
    Raiders HC Dennis Allen on Brady Quinn (2012): "He's a pro in every sense of the word. He comes to work every day and works the right way."

    Adam Wright‏@BlueOsprey12m
    Quinn, in a 2010 ESPN interview: "[My dad] taught me the best way to get an edge on someone is to outwork them." Quinn's dad was a marine.

    Adam Wright‏@BlueOsprey12m
    Quinn cont'd: "I really feel that's the reason I never missed a game in college was because of how hard I worked and prepared myself."
    User avatar
    DavidSeven
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 3928
    Joined: Fri Jan 18, 2013 9:15 am


  • DavidSeven wrote:If he can still complete a handoff and a swing pass, he'll be fine.

    Honestly, I always felt Quinn was a better option than Colt McCoy. I trust whatever decision PC/JS make based on the workout. They're doing the right due diligence.


    What I hate about Quinn is he is a mess in game situations. McCoy might be captain checkdown but Quinn has always had a horrible TD/INT rate.

    To say he sucked just because it was the Browns isn't fair either. Derek Anderson was a Pro Bowler with the very same roster Quinn failed to get the job done. The Chiefs have some decent offensive weapons (Moeaki, Bowe, McCluster, Charles) and he still struggled.
    WestcoastSteve
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 1155
    Joined: Sat Aug 01, 2009 1:00 pm


  • Thank God. Now we can start worrying about the draft instead of backup QBs.
    Last edited by Russell Wilson on Sun Sep 15, 2013 9:20 pm, edited 29-3 times in total.
    Last edited by NFC Champion Russell Wilson on Sun Jan 19, 2014 8:14 pm, edited 23-17 times in total.
    Last edited by World Champion Russell Wilson on Sun Feb 2, 2014 7:14 pm, edited 43-8 times in total.
    User avatar
    Lady Talon
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 757
    Joined: Sun Feb 17, 2013 3:55 am


  • DavidSeven wrote:Sounds like he has potential to be a good QB room guy at the very least:

    Adam Wright‏@BlueOsprey14m
    Raiders HC Dennis Allen on Brady Quinn (2012): "He's a pro in every sense of the word. He comes to work every day and works the right way."

    Adam Wright‏@BlueOsprey12m
    Quinn, in a 2010 ESPN interview: "[My dad] taught me the best way to get an edge on someone is to outwork them." Quinn's dad was a marine.

    Adam Wright‏@BlueOsprey12m
    Quinn cont'd: "I really feel that's the reason I never missed a game in college was because of how hard I worked and prepared myself."


    Those quotes sound a lot like another Qb on our roster.
    Image
    User avatar
    JSeahawks
    * NET Moderator *
     
    Posts: 18609
    Joined: Thu Mar 01, 2007 2:35 pm
    Location: Milwaukie, Oregon


  • WestcoastSteve wrote:To say he sucked just because it was the Browns isn't fair either. Derek Anderson was a Pro Bowler with the very same roster Quinn failed to get the job done. The Chiefs have some decent offensive weapons (Moeaki, Bowe, McCluster, Charles) and he still struggled.


    That 10-6 Browns team was an anamoly IMO. Even Anderson regressed a ton the following year. I think both QBs got screwed by Crennel's ridiculous waffling that following season. Perhaps irreparably.
    User avatar
    DavidSeven
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 3928
    Joined: Fri Jan 18, 2013 9:15 am


  • drdiags wrote:Still probably will have a few mugs calling sports radio next season asking to have Quinn start, because that is what we crazy fans do.


    Maybe the FO decided on Quinn precisely so there WOULDN'T be anyone calling for him to start...

    "Man, Wilson is regressing! He sucks now! Start Qu... you know what? Nevermind. Go Wilson!"

    :stirthepot:
    Image

    Super Bowl XLVIII Champions
    User avatar
    volsunghawk
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 8206
    Joined: Mon Mar 05, 2007 11:20 am
    Location: Right outside Richard Sherman's house


  • JSeahawks wrote:
    DavidSeven wrote:Sounds like he has potential to be a good QB room guy at the very least:

    Adam Wright‏@BlueOsprey14m
    Raiders HC Dennis Allen on Brady Quinn (2012): "He's a pro in every sense of the word. He comes to work every day and works the right way."

    Adam Wright‏@BlueOsprey12m
    Quinn, in a 2010 ESPN interview: "[My dad] taught me the best way to get an edge on someone is to outwork them." Quinn's dad was a marine.

    Adam Wright‏@BlueOsprey12m
    Quinn cont'd: "I really feel that's the reason I never missed a game in college was because of how hard I worked and prepared myself."


    Those quotes sound a lot like another Qb on our roster.


    Can you say "film room BFFs"?
    User avatar
    DavidSeven
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 3928
    Joined: Fri Jan 18, 2013 9:15 am


  • WestcoastSteve wrote:
    DavidSeven wrote:If he can still complete a handoff and a swing pass, he'll be fine.

    Honestly, I always felt Quinn was a better option than Colt McCoy. I trust whatever decision PC/JS make based on the workout. They're doing the right due diligence.


    What I hate about Quinn is he is a mess in game situations. McCoy might be captain checkdown but Quinn has always had a horrible TD/INT rate.

    To say he sucked just because it was the Browns isn't fair either. Derek Anderson was a Pro Bowler with the very same roster Quinn failed to get the job done. The Chiefs have some decent offensive weapons (Moeaki, Bowe, McCluster, Charles) and he still struggled.


    chiefs have no 1 pick for a reason...wasnt just qb play that struggled...i think quinn/portis battle will be very very close for backup job..
    User avatar
    jack_patera
    NET Rookie
     
    Posts: 208
    Joined: Mon Jun 04, 2012 2:37 pm
    Location: ..Location..Location


  • drdiags wrote:Still probably will have a few mugs calling sports radio next season asking to have Quinn start, because that is what we crazy fans do.


    I'd imagine it'll go something like this...

    "Quinn should start! He was a first rounder and Russell Wilson was only a third rounder!!! Wilson's gonna have a sophomore slump because he's too short and defenses will learn how to figure him out!!! Should have drafted Andy Dalton!!!"
    Talkin Seahawks All Day, All Night @ my blog Seafense! http://seafense.blogspot.com/
    User avatar
    NYCoug
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 1417
    Joined: Fri Jan 07, 2011 5:45 pm


  • NYCoug wrote:
    drdiags wrote:Still probably will have a few mugs calling sports radio next season asking to have Quinn start, because that is what we crazy fans do.


    I'd imagine it'll go something like this...

    "Quinn should start! He was a first rounder and Russell Wilson was only a third rounder!!! Wilson's gonna have a sophomore slump because he's too short and defenses will learn how to figure him out!!! Should have drafted Andy Dalton!!!"


    Just wait to see what they say if Wilson gets on the Madden cover! :roll:
    User avatar
    The Outfield
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 2243
    Joined: Wed Jan 16, 2013 12:11 am


  • drdiags wrote:Still probably will have a few mugs calling sports radio next season asking to have Quinn start, because that is what we crazy fans do.


    LOL, thanks for the laff drdiags :D
    "God Bless the Seattle Seahawks" Cortez Kennedy
    User avatar
    ivotuk
    * NET Nobody *
     
    Posts: 8724
    Joined: Sat Mar 03, 2007 7:29 pm
    Location: North Pole, Alaska


  • My wife is going to love this signing.
    User avatar
    CALIHAWK1
    *PLATINUM SUPPORTER*
    *PLATINUM SUPPORTER*
     
    Posts: 9294
    Joined: Fri Nov 05, 2010 7:00 pm
    Location: Is Everything


  • If Pete and company tried out all 4 QBs, and came to the conclusion that Quinn was the better fit for this team, then I am on board. I trust their opinions and outlook much more that any of you armchair coaches @ Seahawks.net. :mrgreen:
    Last edited by nategreat on Tue Apr 09, 2013 1:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.
    nategreat
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 1344
    Joined: Sun May 03, 2009 11:36 am


  • WestcoastSteve wrote:To say he sucked just because it was the Browns isn't fair either. Derek Anderson was a Pro Bowler with the very same roster Quinn failed to get the job done. The Chiefs have some decent offensive weapons (Moeaki, Bowe, McCluster, Charles) and he still struggled.


    Yeah, Quinn hasn't done anything thrilling but that's kinda weak sauce, Anderson was a one hit wonder in what, four years on the Browns roster? And how many quarterbacks have gone to Kansas City purgatory to die over the last 8 or 10 years?
    Image

    "Everyone has a plan... until they get punched in the face." -- Mike Tyson on the 2014 Seattle Seahawks.
    User avatar
    LawlessHawk
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 1138
    Joined: Thu Mar 08, 2007 10:50 am
    Location: Tonasket, WA to Temecula, CA


  • DavidSeven wrote:
    WestcoastSteve wrote:To say he sucked just because it was the Browns isn't fair either. Derek Anderson was a Pro Bowler with the very same roster Quinn failed to get the job done. The Chiefs have some decent offensive weapons (Moeaki, Bowe, McCluster, Charles) and he still struggled.


    That 10-6 Browns team was an anamoly IMO. Even Anderson regressed a ton the following year. I think both QBs got screwed by Crennel's ridiculous waffling that following season. Perhaps irreparably.


    Yep. I remember rooting for them a bit that year. Of any in that division, it's easy to hope the Browns come out on top, kind of a "let him back up once you've kicked him around so long" kinda thing. Even then, it was kind of an anomaly, like you knew they were going to get skunked when they played anybody even above average. That season was wedged smack in the middle of nine losing seasons, where their best record aside from that was 6-10.

    I like what I see about his work ethic. That translates to at least being a good teammate. And if he can hold a clipboard, and come in when he has to, or when the game's already out of reach, and hold his own, I'm fine with it. He doesn't have to be a world-beater.
    World Champion Seattle Seahawks football. It's an addiction, and there is no cure.
    Les Norton - gone but never forgotten. Rest in blue and green peace, my friend.
    User avatar
    Seahawk Sailor
    * .NET Navy Bad Ass *
     
    Posts: 18816
    Joined: Sat Mar 03, 2007 9:23 am
    Location: The beautiful PNW


  • I'm in....

    Image
    @ryanadamdavis
    User avatar
    pehawk
    * Report Button *
     
    Posts: 10321
    Joined: Fri Feb 23, 2007 12:08 pm


  • Jason La Canfora ‏@JasonLaCanfora 51s
    Seahawks are signing Brady Quinn to back-up Russell Wilson after working out QBs yesterday
    Richard Sherman to Skip Bayless: "I'm tired of your ignorant pollution!"

    Follow me on twitter: @seahawks_fan12
    User avatar
    SeahawksFanForever
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 1994
    Joined: Mon Aug 16, 2010 12:11 pm


  • I'm pumped and jacked as well.
    User avatar
    Seaman
    NET Rookie
     
    Posts: 232
    Joined: Mon Sep 20, 2010 11:12 am


  • chiefs have no 1 pick for a reason...wasnt just qb play that struggled...i think quinn/portis battle will be very very close for backup job..


    Actually they were 5th in the NFL in rushing, 19th in sacks allowed, 20th in total defense. They also had 6 Pro Bowlers.

    They were last in passing yards and second to last in QB rating. They had a horrible coach but I think the QB's had a big part of the Chiefs struggling, you know it's bad when the fans cheer when one of them gets injured.
    WestcoastSteve
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 1155
    Joined: Sat Aug 01, 2009 1:00 pm


  • Lady Talon wrote:Thank God. Now we can start worrying about the draft instead of backup QBs.




    lol, I agree. This will keep the pro/nay sayers busy for those few weeks.

    :lol:
    Image
    On to week two. Week one was not a fluke!
    User avatar
    The Radish
    * NET Radish *
     
    Posts: 18655
    Joined: Tue Feb 27, 2007 8:18 pm
    Location: Spokane, Wa.


  • The Radish wrote:
    Lady Talon wrote:Thank God. Now we can start worrying about the draft instead of backup QBs.




    lol, I agree. This will keep the pro/nay sayers busy for those few weeks.

    :lol:


    Just wait for the epic Quinn vs Portis vs 7th round draft pick QB debate threads that await us this fall!
    Image
    User avatar
    JSeahawks
    * NET Moderator *
     
    Posts: 18609
    Joined: Thu Mar 01, 2007 2:35 pm
    Location: Milwaukie, Oregon


  • JSeahawks wrote:
    The Radish wrote:
    Lady Talon wrote:Thank God. Now we can start worrying about the draft instead of backup QBs.




    lol, I agree. This will keep the pro/nay sayers busy for those few weeks.

    :lol:


    Just wait for the epic Quinn vs Portis vs 7th round draft pick QB debate threads that await us this fall!


    That is at least grounded in the realm of possibility, at least trading for Tebow threads are done with.
    Last edited by Russell Wilson on Sun Sep 15, 2013 9:20 pm, edited 29-3 times in total.
    Last edited by NFC Champion Russell Wilson on Sun Jan 19, 2014 8:14 pm, edited 23-17 times in total.
    Last edited by World Champion Russell Wilson on Sun Feb 2, 2014 7:14 pm, edited 43-8 times in total.
    User avatar
    Lady Talon
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 757
    Joined: Sun Feb 17, 2013 3:55 am



Re: Seahawks to sign Quinn today
Tue Apr 09, 2013 3:22 pm
  • Teqneek wrote:
    AS mentioned by Volsung... please view the teams he played with.. he was suppose to do anythjing but fail with that ineptitude


    I don't care what team you're playing on, 2 TDs and 8 INTs is unforgivable. Freakin' Blaine Gabbert had better stats then him and he was on a crappy team too.
    Image
    Sturm
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 2345
    Joined: Mon Mar 05, 2007 3:11 pm


  • If they did sign him than i think his arm strength would be the reason becuase thats the only thing that seperates himself from the others in my opinion.
    Lynch Mob
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 542
    Joined: Thu Mar 07, 2013 1:30 am


  • We have a powerful running game, playmakers at wide receiver, and a defense that should be one of the league's best again. I don't expect a backup quarterback to be able to come in and win games for us, and if we do sign Quinn and he has to play I don't think that he will have to. My question is can he come in and NOT LOSE games for us, i.e. not make the dumb mistake or turn the ball over when we can least afford it. He is clearly not a starting caliber QB, but if he can keep from screwing up when we are relying on the rest of the team to carry the load, Seattle will be all right.
    User avatar
    Shadowhawk
    * NET Staff Alumni *
    * NET Staff Alumni *
     
    Posts: 1298
    Joined: Sat Mar 03, 2007 11:05 am


  • I didn't expect him to win out of this group but Brady Quinn was my favorite player before Golden Tate came along so I'm beyond stoked about this just for sentimental reasons.

    Even got an authentic-ish Browns jersey for him lol
    User avatar
    ErikG803
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 978
    Joined: Thu Apr 30, 2009 2:53 pm


  • Ickkyfafoo! Not a fan of this signing but with all of the offensive weapons Quinn might even look good! In JS I trust!
    SEATTLE SEAHAWKS SUPERBOWL XLVIII CHAMPIONS!

    May the spirit of our friend The Radish live on forever!
    User avatar
    Sports Hernia
    NET Pro Bowler
     
    Posts: 11942
    Joined: Thu Apr 30, 2009 4:36 pm
    Location: Lombardi Land


  • I would have preferred Thigpen, but I am ok with whatever this FO decides to do.
    Image
    User avatar
    Blitzer88
    * NET Eeyore *
     
    Posts: 11193
    Joined: Thu Apr 30, 2009 7:47 am
    Location: Pasco, WA


  • I think we have a great supporting cast for Quinn. We should be better with Quinn than the 49ers with McCoy.
    User avatar
    HawkEye
    NET Rookie
     
    Posts: 262
    Joined: Mon Jan 04, 2010 2:16 pm


  • HawkEye wrote:I think we have a great supporting cast for Quinn. We should be better with Quinn than the 49ers with McCoy.


    Man.. I dunno about that. I think I like McCoy better than Quinn. Scrappier for sure. Look, all he has to do is dump it off to Harvin and hand it to Lynch. I guess that is OK by me. Anything past that? I dunno. Those guys must have seen something in Quinn that no one else has in the last few years, because I think that guy STUNK :)

    Keep on slidin Russell!!!!!
    "The life you lose may be your own" - Drunk dude at the bar
    User avatar
    loafoftatupu
    I'M JIMMY!
     
    Posts: 5888
    Joined: Thu Apr 30, 2009 1:17 pm
    Location: Auburn, WA



  • HagFaithful wrote:Statistically, approximately 1/6 of NFL teams will have to rely on their backup QB at some point next season, an even smaller percentage for a lengthy stretch of the season. Unless you have a crystal ball and can 100% guarantee that we will not be part of that percentage, we should take the search for a backup QB seriously. With the roster we're sitting on, to NOT have a "backup plan" (pun intended) would be galactically unforgivable. Aliens would come down and crap on PC/JS. .


    Wait, that can't be right. Only 1/6?

    Off the top of my head last year alone I can name SF, Pitt, AZ(lol), Washington, Chicago, Philly, Minny, KC and Oakland.

    I'm sure there are a few more. It doesn't seem like those numbers would be that far off from any other season. I'm surprised it's not closer to 1/5th or 1/4th
    heyu123
    NET Starter
     
    Posts: 324
    Joined: Sun Jan 15, 2012 8:30 pm


  • hey he has a hot sister!
    User avatar
    blue 22
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 696
    Joined: Mon Aug 30, 2010 7:56 pm


  • Hey...with a name like Brady...he jus gots to be good!

    Wouldn't have been my first pick, but as others have mentioned, the FO probably has a better feel for these things than any of us.

    With the exception of being asked to convert 3rd and longs, in 4th qtr play, he will basically just be handing the ball to Turbin and you have to think this is as good as it will ever get for the once promising Golden domer.

    I should have it so good. ;)
    User avatar
    HawkWow
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 5705
    Joined: Mon Sep 03, 2012 6:20 pm
    Location: The 5-0




  • Most interesting thing I learned here is that Chase Daniel (Drew Brees's old back up) signed with KC. That led me to look up what New Orleans was doing for back up. They signed the world renowned Luke McCown away from the Falcons. Now Atlanta currently has a 2012 undrafted FA as its only back up to Matt Ryan.

    We seriously have to have the only fan base in the country that puts this much emphasis on the back up QB situation.
    User avatar
    DavidSeven
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 3928
    Joined: Fri Jan 18, 2013 9:15 am


  • Brady Quinn played for QB coach Carl Smith in Cleveland so it makes some sense we'd bring him in for a visit.

    If the coaches liked what they saw to sign him over the others, good enough for me.
    He was awesome in college and what many considered a steal in the 1st round at pick 22.

    Now granted he hasnt enjoyed success in the NFL but i was never too keen on Thigpen and hes gotta be better than matt Leinart who has zero escapability skills and a weak arm. At least Quinn is mibile wih a strong arm.

    We will probably still draft a mid round QB anyways and let him compete against Quinn and Portis for the backup job.
    WE ALL WE GOT! WE ALL WE NEED!
    Hawksfanatik
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 956
    Joined: Mon Mar 05, 2007 3:23 pm
    Location: Marysville, WA


  • Nobody knows back up (calibre) QBs like us.
    User avatar
    HawkWow
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 5705
    Joined: Mon Sep 03, 2012 6:20 pm
    Location: The 5-0


  • CALIHAWK1 wrote:So who of the 4 named back ups mentioned would you take over Jackson?

    Not that it matters anymore, but I would have taken Wallace over Jackson ANY day.
    He wasn't anywhere near as inconsistent, as Jackson.
    He made WAY quicker decisions, WAY more accurate, and played for a head Coach that wanted his QB's to operate the WCO, but still kept him as a back up because he felt that Seneca would keep the games close enough to win.
    Go watch Seneca Wallace on U-Tube, then tell me he isn't way closer to playing in the Russell Wilson style, than Jackson, Lienart, or Thigpen.
    Although I had Wallace as my 1st preference, Quinn must have impressed the Coaching staff a little more in the try-outs so I'm okay with their expertise in the matter.
    scutterhawk
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 3646
    Joined: Sun Apr 11, 2010 8:48 pm


  • Brock Huard mentioned either today or yesterday that he heard rumors that Seneca Wallace has lost arm strength. Wallace was originally my preference, too, but if those rumors are true, then Quinn is probably the right choice of the four. That would also help explain why no team took a shot on Seneca last year. He would have been a no-brainer if he had the same tools he had in 2009.
    User avatar
    DavidSeven
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 3928
    Joined: Fri Jan 18, 2013 9:15 am


  • BBBAAHHHHH!! We should have traded a 5th round pick for Peyton Manning!!!

    Oh, you say that the pickins are slim, we needed to fill the roster spot, and it's not a perfect world? Ok, I suppose Brady will do for Backup QB
    Image
    User avatar
    AbsolutNET
    * NET X's & O's Guru *
     
    Posts: 8798
    Joined: Fri Feb 23, 2007 11:24 am
    Location: PNW


  • If they brought in all four and Quinn is the one who got the contract good for him. I'm sure the team knows what they are doing and what they were looking for. If Brady Quinn has the tangibles they wanted in their backup QB more power to him. I hope he never has to see the field, but should he see the field I hope he has what it takes to be prepared, and that he learns from Wilson's example when it comes to that preparation.
    Image

    “There’s no reason, with Mr. Allen and the fan base here and the stadium, that this can’t be a stable, long-term winning organization.” - John Schneider
    User avatar
    Bakergirl
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 3302
    Joined: Fri Oct 14, 2011 7:13 pm
    Location: Seattle


  • From a Browns fan, people said Brady Quinn had pretty good games, but he has his bad games ala example the Seahawks game that ended 6-3 with Browns barely winning. If Quinn can replicate his good performances because he certainly has decent tangibles, just need to be more consistent. A lot of people say that coaching can help rookies develop, just think Quinn is a more experience QB just need a little coaching and watching Wilson do his thing, Quinn can turn out decent in late games and might net us a draft pick later on. That is only if he makes it through the camp...haha
    Guess the only reason we chose Quinn cause of age, tangibles, and the potential to play a good game with a good squad in the Seahawks.
    User avatar
    hai
    NET Starter
     
    Posts: 474
    Joined: Fri Aug 20, 2010 9:26 pm
    Location: Vancouver, WA


PreviousNext


It is currently Sat Oct 25, 2014 5:46 am

Please REGISTER to become a member

Return to [ THE OFFICIAL NET NATION FAN FORUM ]




Information
  • Who is online