NBA returning to Seattle?

Status
Not open for further replies.

twisted_steel2

Reaction score
TheLargentLine":bjhwp9b4 said:
When I look at this situation right now and try to pretend that I am neutral, I cannot see this going in Sacramento's favor. Seattle has a plan that is about as good as it gets while Sacramento is still trying to force pieces that don't quite fit. This is suppose to be a business decision after all...

Yep. Seattle's ownership, arena plan, and market just seem so strong and stable at this point. Then the ticket reservation thing recently was brilliant, well timed.

The Outfield

Reaction score
It's not like attendance to Sonics games before they left was lacking. In 06-07, the average attendance was approximately 95% of KeyArena's capacity. So there's really no basis for an argument that an NBA team did not and would not have enough support in Seattle.

Throwdown

Reaction score
You can smell the desperation coming from Sacramento, and yes its combining with the cows and it smells like victory for Seattle.

Killa Kam

Reaction score
Say what you want about KJ but at least he isn't just laying down like Greg Nickels did; I hate him almost as much as I do Clay Bennett.

Throwdown

Reaction score
Killa Kam":x4m7y779 said:
Say what you want about KJ but at least he isn't just laying down like Greg Nickels did; I hate him almost as much as I do Clay Bennett.

He's still a punk, only a desperate man would throw the fans of either town under the bus. KJ has stooped to that level, Hansen & other Seattle guys haven't made it about the fans, but they/we could if we really felt like being jerks and taking it there. But we've been pretty business like in our approach both on the home front from the fans and where it matters with Hansen.

Killa Kam

Reaction score
Throwdown":15tnkzv2 said:
Killa Kam":15tnkzv2 said:

He's still a punk, only a desperate man would throw the fans of either town under the bus. KJ has stooped to that level, Hansen & other Seattle guys haven't made it about the fans, but they/we could if we really felt like being jerks and taking it there. But we've been pretty business like in our approach both on the home front from the fans and where it matters with Hansen.

I haven't followed this as much so I didn't know he was throwing little shots at us, disregard my last post then. I think I read somewhere on twitter Hansen and the other guys on our side weren't allowed to publicly comment on the proceedings.

Throwdown

Reaction score
Killa Kam":2sg5soos said:
Throwdown":2sg5soos said:
Killa Kam":2sg5soos said:

I haven't followed this as much so I didn't know he was throwing little shots at us, disregard my last post then. I think I read somewhere on twitter Hansen and the other guys on our side weren't allowed to publicly comment on the proceedings.

They're not, they're on gag order after the purchase was submitted and they were vetted. He did speak to the media a week ago, but it was just a bunch of "i can't really say anything on that" when it came to actually talking about the process, but when it came to talking about Seattle's support, he did a good job.

Seahawk Sailor

Reaction score
California via Negros Occidental, Philippines
The only thing that gives me a bad feeling about this whole situation is that Sacramento is really putting a push forward for their case. They're doing far, far more than Seattle ever did back in the day. The NBA, I think, would rather not move franchises if it had a choice. And that scares me. Even a half-assed plan to save the Kings could be all they need to pull this off.

BillHawks

Reaction score
I agree Seahawk Sailor. The NBA really screwed this whole thing up. By holding Sacramento's hand they have painted themselves into a corner. The message will either be "it will be nearly impossible to keep your team if your owner wants to sell to outside bidders" or "you can have a perfect arena plan in place with all the necessary support and you won't get a team, and owners can't really choose who they sell to".

I'm not worried, but I'm very nervous. I really think that if Seattle doesn't get the Kings there won't be another chance until the NBA expands.

OP
OP
grizbob

grizbob

Reaction score
BillHawks":2u0qqnhs said:
I agree Seahawk Sailor. The NBA really screwed this whole thing up. By holding Sacramento's hand they have painted themselves into a corner. The message will either be "it will be nearly impossible to keep your team if your owner wants to sell to outside bidders" or "you can have a perfect arena plan in place with all the necessary support and you won't get a team, and owners can't really choose who they sell to".

I'm not worried, but I'm very nervous. I really think that if Seattle doesn't get the Kings there won't be another chance until the NBA expands.

Or I'm dead :-(

BillHawks

Reaction score
grizbob":kzwrdwu3 said:
BillHawks":kzwrdwu3 said:

Or I'm dead :-(

I'm still pretty confident we'll get the Kings. It's just hard not to question yourself with all the PR stuff Sacramento is doing.

Throwdown

Reaction score
I honestly don't think the NBA wants to ever move franchises, look at New Orleans, they went out of their way last year to keep the team there. I think they're giving Sacramento a fair shot here, but I just don't think Sacramentos shot is good enough.

pinksheets

Reaction score
Funny to see this transparent propaganda blitz from Sac based media.

"90/10 they stay"
"The NBA will not leave with a bad taste in the mouth of Sacramento"
"The NBA is backing Sacramento"

etc. etc. etc.

Coincidentally this comes a day after they lose their biggest investor and replace him with some small time shady guy.

Throwdown

Reaction score
You change those Sacramentos to Seattles and it's 2008 all over again, lol. God those days friggin sucked, the team sucked and we were gonna lose em.

JSeahawks

Reaction score
pinksheets":2t6de8si said:
Coincidentally this comes a day after they lose their biggest investor and replace him with some small time shady guy.

Sachawk finally putting his money where his mouth is, huh?

Sac

Reaction score
JSeahawks":38f34lbt said:
pinksheets":38f34lbt said:

Sachawk finally putting his money where his mouth is, huh?

Be afraid. Be very afraid.

dunceface

Reaction score
3289183-932752-champagne-and-ice-bucket.jpg

Pstark3

Reaction score
@wchoops
THE LATEST: Some #NBA owners want Sacramento back and pushing hard for Seattle expansion team, big bucks to them if it happens

pinksheets

Reaction score
"Want Sacramento back" is an odd choice of words, isn't it?

Why would you need to bring "Sacramento back" if they already hold a team? Might just be poor wording there, but that could sound like BoG was leaning Seattle but is now considering expansion to please both sides. That wouldn't surprise me. Picking one? Seattle, obvious choice. Picking both? Get the big money from Seattle and the nice tax write off for charity by having a team in Sac. :lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.