Update: After working out 4, Seahawks to sign Brady Quinn

LawlessHawk

Reaction score
WestcoastSteve":20rf0vp8 said:
To say he sucked just because it was the Browns isn't fair either. Derek Anderson was a Pro Bowler with the very same roster Quinn failed to get the job done. The Chiefs have some decent offensive weapons (Moeaki, Bowe, McCluster, Charles) and he still struggled.

Yeah, Quinn hasn't done anything thrilling but that's kinda weak sauce, Anderson was a one hit wonder in what, four years on the Browns roster? And how many quarterbacks have gone to Kansas City purgatory to die over the last 8 or 10 years?

Seahawk Sailor

Reaction score
California via Negros Occidental, Philippines
DavidSeven":3w3jwcp2 said:
WestcoastSteve":3w3jwcp2 said:
To say he sucked just because it was the Browns isn't fair either. Derek Anderson was a Pro Bowler with the very same roster Quinn failed to get the job done. The Chiefs have some decent offensive weapons (Moeaki, Bowe, McCluster, Charles) and he still struggled.

That 10-6 Browns team was an anamoly IMO. Even Anderson regressed a ton the following year. I think both QBs got screwed by Crennel's ridiculous waffling that following season. Perhaps irreparably.

Yep. I remember rooting for them a bit that year. Of any in that division, it's easy to hope the Browns come out on top, kind of a "let him back up once you've kicked him around so long" kinda thing. Even then, it was kind of an anomaly, like you knew they were going to get skunked when they played anybody even above average. That season was wedged smack in the middle of nine losing seasons, where their best record aside from that was 6-10.

I like what I see about his work ethic. That translates to at least being a good teammate. And if he can hold a clipboard, and come in when he has to, or when the game's already out of reach, and hold his own, I'm fine with it. He doesn't have to be a world-beater.

pehawk

Reaction score
I'm in....

Brady-Quinn-e1.jpg

WestcoastSteve

Reaction score
chiefs have no 1 pick for a reason...wasnt just qb play that struggled...i think quinn/portis battle will be very very close for backup job..

Actually they were 5th in the NFL in rushing, 19th in sacks allowed, 20th in total defense. They also had 6 Pro Bowlers.

They were last in passing yards and second to last in QB rating. They had a horrible coach but I think the QB's had a big part of the Chiefs struggling, you know it's bad when the fans cheer when one of them gets injured.

The Radish

Reaction score
Lady Talon":1t2799i3 said:
Thank God. Now we can start worrying about the draft instead of backup QBs.

lol, I agree. This will keep the pro/nay sayers busy for those few weeks.

:lol:

JSeahawks

Reaction score
The Radish":5k0yoibu said:
Lady Talon":5k0yoibu said:

Just wait for the epic Quinn vs Portis vs 7th round draft pick QB debate threads that await us this fall!

Lady Talon

Reaction score
JSeahawks":18l601yj said:
The Radish":18l601yj said:
Lady Talon":18l601yj said:

Just wait for the epic Quinn vs Portis vs 7th round draft pick QB debate threads that await us this fall!

That is at least grounded in the realm of possibility, at least trading for Tebow threads are done with.

Sturm

Reaction score
Teqneek":1doxdsvk said:
AS mentioned by Volsung... please view the teams he played with.. he was suppose to do anythjing but fail with that ineptitude

I don't care what team you're playing on, 2 TDs and 8 INTs is unforgivable. Freakin' Blaine Gabbert had better stats then him and he was on a crappy team too.

Lynch Mob

Reaction score
If they did sign him than i think his arm strength would be the reason becuase thats the only thing that seperates himself from the others in my opinion.

Shadowhawk

Reaction score
We have a powerful running game, playmakers at wide receiver, and a defense that should be one of the league's best again. I don't expect a backup quarterback to be able to come in and win games for us, and if we do sign Quinn and he has to play I don't think that he will have to. My question is can he come in and NOT LOSE games for us, i.e. not make the dumb mistake or turn the ball over when we can least afford it. He is clearly not a starting caliber QB, but if he can keep from screwing up when we are relying on the rest of the team to carry the load, Seattle will be all right.

ErikG803

Reaction score
I didn't expect him to win out of this group but Brady Quinn was my favorite player before Golden Tate came along so I'm beyond stoked about this just for sentimental reasons.

Even got an authentic-ish Browns jersey for him lol

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
Ickkyfafoo! Not a fan of this signing but with all of the offensive weapons Quinn might even look good! In JS I trust!

HawkEye

Reaction score
I think we have a great supporting cast for Quinn. We should be better with Quinn than the 49ers with McCoy.

loafoftatupu

Reaction score
HawkEye":1mwn045s said:
I think we have a great supporting cast for Quinn. We should be better with Quinn than the 49ers with McCoy.

Man.. I dunno about that. I think I like McCoy better than Quinn. Scrappier for sure. Look, all he has to do is dump it off to Harvin and hand it to Lynch. I guess that is OK by me. Anything past that? I dunno. Those guys must have seen something in Quinn that no one else has in the last few years, because I think that guy STUNK :)

Keep on slidin Russell!!!!!

heyu123

Reaction score
HagFaithful":327ujupp said:
Statistically, approximately 1/6 of NFL teams will have to rely on their backup QB at some point next season, an even smaller percentage for a lengthy stretch of the season. Unless you have a crystal ball and can 100% guarantee that we will not be part of that percentage, we should take the search for a backup QB seriously. With the roster we're sitting on, to NOT have a "backup plan" (pun intended) would be galactically unforgivable. Aliens would come down and crap on PC/JS. .

Wait, that can't be right. Only 1/6?

Off the top of my head last year alone I can name SF, Pitt, AZ(lol), Washington, Chicago, Philly, Minny, KC and Oakland.

I'm sure there are a few more. It doesn't seem like those numbers would be that far off from any other season. I'm surprised it's not closer to 1/5th or 1/4th

Latest posts