Update: After working out 4, Seahawks to sign Brady Quinn

DavidSeven

Reaction score
Thigpen and Leinart must have stunk it up in the workout if Quinn and Wallace are the ones getting good buzz out of it. This really shouldn't surprise anyone, though.

mikeak

Reaction score
Guys - us watching those teams on live doesn't compare with our coaching staff looking at them on the all-22 films and working them out. They must have showed something to prove that they are good enough to be signed. We are looking at probaby $1.5million-$2 million / year so Quinn and Seneca must have shown good ability and film must have backed something up.

I am not going to fault anyone for failing in Cleveland.....

Teqneek

Reaction score
DavidSeven":1nr1sm0w said:
Rat":1nr1sm0w said:
I used to be absurdly high on Brady Quinn. I still think he could have been something special had be been drafted by almost anyone else.

Ditto. Was very high on him early on. Of course, his numbers have been AWFUL thus far. However, he's only gotten playing time on terrible rosters, and he was sort of screwed over in Denver due to the public clamoring for Tebow. By all accounts, Quinn beat him out in camp and practice (not a huge accomplishment, but still...).

Never thought highly of Leinart or Thigpen ever, so this doesn't really bother me. Plus, it's back up QB. Who freakin' cares.

AS mentioned by Volsung... please view the teams he played with.. he was suppose to do anythjing but fail with that ineptitude

hoxrox

Reaction score
Yes it's "just a backup" but at the very least, a good back up QB can make the rest of the team better. Better reps in practice for WR, TEs and RBs, better scouting for the defense, faster acclimation to the play book / game plan, better film study meetings, better competition for RW (not that he needs it, but is central to this program) etc.

NYCoug

Reaction score
The SEA/SF chess match continues. This time at backup QB.

Schneider "Oh yeah San Fran? I see your former Cleveland Browns 3rd round draft pick and I raise with a former Browns 1st rounder.

Not the biggest fan of the move but what do I know? Plus, he's just a backup. Has some experience but what really impressed me, as noted above, was his press conference after the Chiefs got a W after the Belcher tragedy. Very well said by Mr. Quinn. I never really bought the hype on him coming out of Notre Dame, but I definitely thought he'd do better than he did. A lot of that has to do with being drafted by the Browns though.

Here's wishing him the best in the Pacific Northwest!

[youtube]e938bu3wEr8[/youtube]

Slick

Reaction score
Don't you mean Office Depot? Wrong depot..... :177692: :sarcasm_off:

I haven't posted in a while. This place smells like Mickey Rourke.

JSeahawks":32lq7pl8 said:
Somebody needs to carry Russell's bags and go to Home Depot to restock his collection of sticky notes. Quinn is just as qualified as any other.

drdiags

Reaction score
Still probably will have a few mugs calling sports radio next season asking to have Quinn start, because that is what we crazy fans do.

DavidSeven

Reaction score
Sounds like he has potential to be a good QB room guy at the very least:

Adam Wright‏@BlueOsprey14m
Raiders HC Dennis Allen on Brady Quinn (2012): "He's a pro in every sense of the word. He comes to work every day and works the right way."

Adam Wright‏@BlueOsprey12m
Quinn, in a 2010 ESPN interview: "[My dad] taught me the best way to get an edge on someone is to outwork them." Quinn's dad was a marine.

Quinn cont'd: "I really feel that's the reason I never missed a game in college was because of how hard I worked and prepared myself."

WestcoastSteve

Reaction score
DavidSeven":2woinmnf said:
If he can still complete a handoff and a swing pass, he'll be fine.

Honestly, I always felt Quinn was a better option than Colt McCoy. I trust whatever decision PC/JS make based on the workout. They're doing the right due diligence.

What I hate about Quinn is he is a mess in game situations. McCoy might be captain checkdown but Quinn has always had a horrible TD/INT rate.

To say he sucked just because it was the Browns isn't fair either. Derek Anderson was a Pro Bowler with the very same roster Quinn failed to get the job done. The Chiefs have some decent offensive weapons (Moeaki, Bowe, McCluster, Charles) and he still struggled.

Lady Talon

Reaction score
Thank God. Now we can start worrying about the draft instead of backup QBs.

JSeahawks

Reaction score
DavidSeven":yzwqlb6i said:

Raiders HC Dennis Allen on Brady Quinn (2012): "He's a pro in every sense of the word. He comes to work every day and works the right way."

Quinn, in a 2010 ESPN interview: "[My dad] taught me the best way to get an edge on someone is to outwork them." Quinn's dad was a marine.

Quinn cont'd: "I really feel that's the reason I never missed a game in college was because of how hard I worked and prepared myself."

Those quotes sound a lot like another Qb on our roster.

DavidSeven

Reaction score
WestcoastSteve":2bh8zsnp said:
To say he sucked just because it was the Browns isn't fair either. Derek Anderson was a Pro Bowler with the very same roster Quinn failed to get the job done. The Chiefs have some decent offensive weapons (Moeaki, Bowe, McCluster, Charles) and he still struggled.

That 10-6 Browns team was an anamoly IMO. Even Anderson regressed a ton the following year. I think both QBs got screwed by Crennel's ridiculous waffling that following season. Perhaps irreparably.

volsunghawk

Reaction score
drdiags":2k772c3g said:
Still probably will have a few mugs calling sports radio next season asking to have Quinn start, because that is what we crazy fans do.

Maybe the FO decided on Quinn precisely so there WOULDN'T be anyone calling for him to start...

"Man, Wilson is regressing! He sucks now! Start Qu... you know what? Nevermind. Go Wilson!"

:stirthepot:

DavidSeven

Reaction score
JSeahawks":2hjv2gii said:
DavidSeven":2hjv2gii said:

Those quotes sound a lot like another Qb on our roster.

Can you say "film room BFFs"?

jack_patera

Reaction score
WestcoastSteve":2ndv283f said:
DavidSeven":2ndv283f said:
If he can still complete a handoff and a swing pass, he'll be fine.

Honestly, I always felt Quinn was a better option than Colt McCoy. I trust whatever decision PC/JS make based on the workout. They're doing the right due diligence.

What I hate about Quinn is he is a mess in game situations. McCoy might be captain checkdown but Quinn has always had a horrible TD/INT rate.

chiefs have no 1 pick for a reason...wasnt just qb play that struggled...i think quinn/portis battle will be very very close for backup job..

NYCoug

Reaction score
drdiags":c0rhysng said:

I'd imagine it'll go something like this...

"Quinn should start! He was a first rounder and Russell Wilson was only a third rounder!!! Wilson's gonna have a sophomore slump because he's too short and defenses will learn how to figure him out!!! Should have drafted Andy Dalton!!!"

The Outfield

Reaction score
NYCoug":2nwxtfai said:
drdiags":2nwxtfai said:

I'd imagine it'll go something like this...

"Quinn should start! He was a first rounder and Russell Wilson was only a third rounder!!! Wilson's gonna have a sophomore slump because he's too short and defenses will learn how to figure him out!!! Should have drafted Andy Dalton!!!"

Just wait to see what they say if Wilson gets on the Madden cover! :roll:

ivotuk

Reaction score
drdiags":kzlxr564 said:

LOL, thanks for the laff drdiags :D

nategreat

Reaction score
If Pete and company tried out all 4 QBs, and came to the conclusion that Quinn was the better fit for this team, then I am on board. I trust their opinions and outlook much more that any of you armchair coaches @ Seahawks.net. :mrgreen: