Update: After working out 4, Seahawks to sign Brady Quinn

kidhawk

Reaction score
cacksman":39e7sndr said:
Ed Werder‏@Edwerderespn10m
Sounding like Seahawks were most impressed with Brady Quinn at yesterday's 4-QB tryout and will pursue signing to be Russell Wilson's backup

Heard this as well from a different person, but same news. Signs currently pointing towards Quinn.

It's just a backup position and he does have NFL experience, so at least we wouldn't be sitting with a rookie back there or someone with no NFL game experience like Portis.

I don't think I'd really mind this if it comes to fruition....Wilson starting with Quinn backing him up and Portis as the 3rd string

DavidSeven

Reaction score
If he can still complete a handoff and a swing pass, he'll be fine.

Honestly, I always felt Quinn was a better option than Colt McCoy. I trust whatever decision PC/JS make based on the workout. They're doing the right due diligence.

razgriz737

Reaction score
Huh. Out of those 4 QB's who were supposed to work out with us, he's probably the guy I wanted least. Oh well, just a backup.

DavidSeven

Reaction score
If he can still complete a handoff and a swing pass, he'll be fine.

Honestly, I always felt Quinn was a better option than Colt McCoy. I trust whatever decision PC/JS make based on the workout. They're doing the right due diligence.

volsunghawk

Reaction score
hawksfansinceday1":222lmtli said:
cacksman":222lmtli said:
Ed Werder‏@Edwerderespn10m
Sounding like Seahawks were most impressed with Brady Quinn at yesterday's 4-QB tryout and will pursue signing to be Russell Wilson's backup
Oh God PLEASE no!!! IMO,the worst of the four. Please let this be false.

Man, it's a backup position. And when you're talking about that particular group, is there really a lot of difference between the "best of the four" and the "worst of the four"?

Given that none of them really have any career worth highlighting, why not make the judgment based on what they actually put in front of our coaching staff during the workout?

Now, I'll admit that I don't really care about Quinn one way or another, but I will say that it would be interesting to see how he might respond with a team that had some talent. He's been with Cleveland, KC, and Denver. None of those are really teams known for roster building and talent with the possible exception of Denver, and Quinn never saw the field there. And honestly, that's what I would expect from him in Seattle... never seeing the field.

JSeahawks

Reaction score
Somebody needs to carry Russell's bags and go to Home Depot to restock his collection of sticky notes. Quinn is just as qualified as any other.

Rat

Reaction score
I used to be absurdly high on Brady Quinn. I still think he could have been something special had be been drafted by almost anyone else.

That being said, he hasn't done much in his career to show that the lofty expectations I had for him were warranted. Hopefully, our coaching staff can turn that light on in him.

volsunghawk

Reaction score
EastCoastHawksFan":3b9ziqzy said:
ahh I hate cry baby quinn , hopefully his softness doesn't rub off on anyone.

You really think one guy's "softness" will rub off on the Seahawks, versus the rest of this Seahawks team causing Quinn to toughen up? Man, he must be charismatic as hell.

DavidSeven

Reaction score
Rat":2g39otxp said:
I used to be absurdly high on Brady Quinn. I still think he could have been something special had be been drafted by almost anyone else.

Ditto. Was very high on him early on. Of course, his numbers have been AWFUL thus far. However, he's only gotten playing time on terrible rosters, and he was sort of screwed over in Denver due to the public clamoring for Tebow. By all accounts, Quinn beat him out in camp and practice (not a huge accomplishment, but still...).

Never thought highly of Leinart or Thigpen ever, so this doesn't really bother me. Plus, it's back up QB. Who freakin' cares.

Happypuppy

Reaction score
If he can carry the clip board he will be fine. If Wilson gets hurt then I will worry. He most have shown them something

GCrow

Reaction score
Dosen't speak to his on field abilities, but I distinctly remember gaining a ton of respect for Quinn after how he handled the unfortunate Jovan Belcher incident last year, and the press conference he gave. Very eloquent and thoughtful.
Definitely a guy who clearly always wants whats best for his team & teammates.

The Outfield

Reaction score
Notre Dame stunk before he got there, did well when he was there, and then stunk again after he left. Meanwhile, the Browns and Chiefs stunk before and after he was on those teams, so I wouldn't fully judge him by his stats in the NFL.

hawk45

Reaction score
razgriz737":3pldxs6p said:
Huh. Out of those 4 QB's who were supposed to work out with us, he's probably the guy I wanted least. Oh well, just a backup.

That's where I'm at with this as well. But if Pete/JS think they can fit the guy in to the point where he'll be a decent backup (guy who can go at least 2-2 over a 4 game stretch, maybe 3-1 with this team) I guess I have to give them the benefit of the doubt.

Still, Quinn, blech.