Nickle CBs

Discuss your thoughts about anything draft related. Mocks, College and Pro. Knock yourselves out!!! RATING: PG-13
Nickle CBs
Tue Apr 09, 2013 11:11 am
  • With the team's significant interest in aging nickel CB- Antoine Winfield, who are the nickel CBs who might be available to the Seahawks in this draft?

Apparently the team has visited with ex LSU CB- Tyran Mathieu and have check him out. Who are some of the others with good short area quickness and reliable coverage abilities?

Clearly Winfield would at present be better than most all of the draftable guys but who may be a likely developmental candidate?
    Until we develop a pass rush that will cause opposing teams to be forced to scheme to defend it we will never be able to completely take the final step. That was done and the final step was taken.

Super Bowl XLVIII Champions at last after 38 seasons.

What a special magical year!
    jammerhawk
    NET Veteran

Re: Nickle CBs
Tue Apr 09, 2013 12:38 pm
  • Guy I like for the role is B.W. Webb out of William & Mary. Great athlete who, ran a 4.51 forty at the combine and when reading about him most say he has great "foot quickness". Also good at targeting & tackling in the open field. As a bonus he returns kicks to!

Here's some Senior Bowl footage - although dosen't look to great at the start.
    GCrow
    NET Veteran

Tue Apr 09, 2013 9:22 pm
  • My favorite is Micah Hyde from Iowa. He's a six foot corner with some of the best tape in the draft.

The guy I think becomes a Seahawk though is Demetrius McCray of Appalachian State. 6'1", 4.54 forty, 34" arms (!), 36" vert, 10'6" broad jump. Needs to be coached up, but he has freakish measurables and will probably be a mid to late round pick.
    kearly
    * Mr Random Thought *

Wed Apr 10, 2013 3:34 am
  • Well, since we've had success drafting guys from Utah State, Will Davis would be a nice addition for that role. I believe his 6.52 3cone was the best at the combine, so the speed and reaction time exhibited in that drill translates well for a nickel DB. Also ran 4.43 forty.
    TheWebHead
    NET Rookie

Thu Apr 11, 2013 7:50 pm
  • TheWebHead wrote:Well, since we've had success drafting guys from Utah State, Will Davis would be a nice addition for that role. I believe his 6.52 3cone was the best at the combine, so the speed and reaction time exhibited in that drill translates well for a nickel DB. Also ran 4.43 forty.

AND he's a local kid. He went to high school in Spokane (CVHS).
    "You don't always get to play playoff games at home, or conference championships at home, or superbowls at home. You have to have the mindset that you can play to your potential wherever you are." - Pete Carroll
    nwHawk
    NET Veteran

It is currently Fri Jul 25, 2014 9:09 pm

Please REGISTER to become a member

Return to [ THE NCAA FOOTBALL & PRO DRAFT FORUM ]

Information