49ers OC claims he didn't use real offense during 42-13 loss

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Outfield

Reaction score
It might have the slightest chance of being believable if we hadn't creamed the Cardinals 58-0 and Bills 50-17 in the previous two games. What an idiot.

pehawk

Reaction score
Marvin49":656iel6z said:
pehawk":656iel6z said:
I HATE the 49er fans. They bring NOTHING.

I'm pretty sure the feeling is mutual.

No, not really. I'm a NFL fan, so I discuss other topics. You 49er fans simply post to defend the "honor" of your team. All you can do is tilt windmills, sweetie.

Contribute to the board in general, buttercup.

Shadowhawk

Reaction score
Marvin49":20vg06za said:
You guys are funny. ;-)

All he said was that he dialed back the playcalling. He didn't say they weren't trying to win. His point was only that they weren't going to show off their entire offense for playoff teams to prepare for.

...and it worked.

Yes, they lost in Seattle...but all they had to do was beat Arizona to take the NFCW. Even if they lost both games, they'd still have been a wildcard....

No, Marvin, you guys are funny. For the last three months all we've heard from 49er fans about their loss to the Hawks is "well, they had to fly across country after playing a road game" and "the defense doesn't substitute and was on the field for 90 plays." Now all of a sudden it doesn't matter if they got the #2 seed or even win the division? Please.

The only evidence you have presented that SF dialed back their offense to save it for the playoffs is that fewer plays were called for the Pistol formation. The author of that Yahoo piece makes the assumption that this was done because they didn't want to show their hand for the postseason, but the reality is that there are many possible reasons why this was done. Maybe New England's defensive personnel matched up well against a Pistol. Maybe they knew the crowd noise in Seattle would have Kaepernick curled up in the fetal position crying for his mommy all game long. There are a lot of reasons why Roman may have gameplanned differently the last few weeks of the season. You're making the assumption that it was done just to save it for the playoffs just because it makes your OC look good. In that regard you're no more objective than anyone else on this board.

Here are the facts: the Niners called fewer plays in the Pistol formation over the last three weeks of the season. They had not locked up the #2 seed or the division until week 17. It seems likely that they changed their gameplan for reasons that had nothing to do with "saving it for the postseason," because doing that before they had locked up even a division title could have easily put them in a much riskier position and jeopardized their postseason chances.

AbsolutNET

Reaction score
Marvin49":21t7czh0 said:
pehawk":21t7czh0 said:

Then leave.

If the tables were turned and our OC said this after you guys whooped us, you'd call BS too.

I'm still waiting to hear your DC's excuse for getting 42 put up on him. Did he just drop back into cover 4 every play?

Marvin49

Reaction score
The Outfield":wi3nxouz said:
It might have the slightest chance of being believable if we hadn't creamed the Cardinals 58-0 and Bills 50-17 in the previous two games. What an idiot.

Seriously?

Wow....2 Titans. LOL.

Marvin49

Reaction score
pehawk":3b4ddszk said:
Marvin49":3b4ddszk said:
pehawk":3b4ddszk said:

No, not really. I'm a NFL fan, so I discuss other topics. You 49er fans simply post to defend the "honor" of your team. All you can do is tilt windmills, sweetie.

Contribute to the board in general, buttercup.

Awwww....you called me sweetie. ;-)

Marvin49

Reaction score
AbsolutNET":3nokkuzp said:
Marvin49":3nokkuzp said:
pehawk":3nokkuzp said:

Then leave.

If the tables were turned and our OC said this after you guys whooped us, you'd call BS too.

I'm still waiting to hear your DC's excuse for getting 42 put up on him. Did he just drop back into cover 4 every play?

Seahawks beat the Niners fair and square that day. I think I've said that more than once.

The D never showed up to play that day and the pass defense was never the same after the second half comeback by NE.

All I have been trying to say here is that the 42-13 loss doesn't mean all you guys seem to think it means. I'm not suggesting the Niners should have won a game they were blown out in. I'm not suggesting that the 49ers taked the game. OF COURSE they wanted to win it. Seeing the way Kaep reacted after the game is more evidense that they were dissappointed by the result.

All thats being said is that the 49ers scaled back the offense. This isn't the first time the issue has come up...this is just the first time it was the OC who admitted it. Notice that he didn't use that as an excuse. The WRITER did.

The Outfield

Reaction score
Marvin49":2tj425tr said:
The Outfield":2tj425tr said:

Seriously?

Wow....2 Titans. LOL.

Yeah, and what other teams beat both of these teams by a similar amount? Oh, none? Not even the 49ers?

Stoned Cold

Reaction score
Marvin49":6xum5l00 said:
All I have been trying to say here is that the 42-13 loss doesn't mean all you guys seem to think it means. I'm not suggesting the Niners should have won a game they were blown out in. I'm not suggesting that the 49ers taked the game. OF COURSE they wanted to win it. Seeing the way Kaep reacted after the game is more evidense that they were dissappointed by the result.

All thats being said is that the 49ers scaled back the offense. This isn't the first time the issue has come up...this is just the first time it was the OC who admitted it. Notice that he didn't use that as an excuse. The WRITER did.

Enlighten us. What does it mean?

pehawk

Reaction score
Marvin49, try adding to a thread which doesn't involve you fluffing Harbaugh and the gang. That's my point, sugarpants.

Its GREAT when other fans come and contribute to Seahawks posts and general NFL posts. But, from what I can tell, being a 49er can is a gimmick, like being a Raider fan. I've been to games each place, and each place the fans knew ZERO about the NFL. They're the "girlfriends" of the NFL...all they know is their local team and regurgitate what their man tells them.

Marvin49

Reaction score
The Outfield":1fb2hutr said:
Marvin49":1fb2hutr said:
The Outfield":1fb2hutr said:

Seriously?

Wow....2 Titans. LOL.

Yeah, and what other teams beat both of these teams by a similar amount? Oh, none? Not even the 49ers?

Right....

All the Niners did was beat Buffalo 45-3 and become the first and only team in NFL history to both rush and pass for 300 yards in the SAME GAME. Real Titan that one.

As for the Cards, the Niners did something the Seahawks did not....SWEEP THEM.

loafoftatupu

Reaction score
Its bullshit. They already had shown it all, everything. Nothing the Niners brought in the playoffs was new and the Hawks practice against that style of offense everyday. ESPECIALLY when SF is coming to town. Harbs knew this, Roman knew this. They went after the pass and lost big.

Every Niner fan mentions JSmith being out of that game as the reason the Hawks punted like once and had multiple clock burning drives ending in scores with a 94% 3rd down conversion rate. That may be true, but if it is, the Niners are flipping SCREWED. No one mentions that Sherman was the only starting corner and Jeremy Lane was going against Crabtree at times. The Jason Jones was out for the season to boot.

Nothing the Niners did to GB was "new", while different than their first game, I think it is pretty safe to say that GB has a crap defense at actually stopping people and that they get after the passer and are opportunistic. The Niners were using Kaep like that before he was even named the starter on spot duty. God I wish we could have had GB at home to start the playoffs.

If the Niners were really trying to protect their playbook, they would have ran Gore like crazy in the first half regardless of the score. They would not have had trouble getting plays in because of the noise because they would have been running the ball as planned. They were in no position to protect their playbook in that game. If Harbs thinks he was? Then he is more of an idiot that I could ever imagine.

The Outfield

Reaction score
Marvin49":1ph5z5w4 said:
The Outfield":1ph5z5w4 said:
Marvin49":1ph5z5w4 said:
Seriously?

Wow....2 Titans. LOL.

Right....

All the Niners did was beat Buffalo 45-3 and become the first and only team in NFL history to both rush and pass for 300 yards in the SAME GAME. Real Titan that one.

That game was Buffalo @ San Francisco. Our game was Seattle @ Buffalo. There's a difference. Plus, you forgot about the Cardinals that the 49ers could only put 27 points on (if you can't do the math, that's less than half of 58)

loafoftatupu

Reaction score
Marvin49":rio4j3lv said:
Right....

Amazing... And they still couldnt beat the Rams. I am in admiration of the Niners Awesomeness constantly.

Marvin49

Reaction score
pehawk":tlnoucf1 said:
Marvin49, try adding to a thread which doesn't involve you fluffing Harbaugh and the gang. That's my point, sugarpants.

Its GREAT when other fans come and contribute to Seahawks posts and general NFL posts. But, from what I can tell, being a 49er can is a gimmick, like being a Raider fan. I've been to games each place, and each place the fans knew ZERO about the NFL. They're the "girlfriends" of the NFL...all they know is their local team and regurgitate what their man tells them.

Oh please. All this crap I read about what fans of other teams supposedly knows about the fanbases of other teams is pure comedy.

I do like your nicknames BTW. ;-)

I've been a 49er fan since 1984. I saw the golden years and I saw them crash. I've followed the NFL in general since I was 11. I didn't come to your holy site to talk about the NFL in general. There are many other sites I'd choose before coming to this one if that were my goal. I'm here to talk to Seattle Seahawk fans about what is becoming one of the biggest rivalries in the NFL.

Seahawk fans come to Niner boards as well and I debate them just as I do here.

Now please get off the high horse.

Marvin49

Reaction score
The Outfield":1iqjtng5 said:
Right....

That game was Buffalo @ San Francisco. Our game was Seattle @ Buffalo. There's a difference. Plus, you forgot about the Cardinals that the 49ers could only put 27 points on (if you can't do the math, that's less than half of 58)[/quote]

Actually your game vs. was at virtually a neutral site.

Really...is this what we've come down to? Margin of victory? Is this college football now? The Niner dominated the Cards in both meetings....but I guess that's not good enough. You have to win by 40+ points for it to be impressive. SMH.

pehawk

Reaction score
Kinda proving my point.

What I said is al true; I've been to many NFL cities and Oakland/SF rank last in knowledgable fans. Its just a gimmick, way to fit in with the rest. Its pathetic. Buffalo and KC ranked the best, FWIW.

Keep fluffing, Marvin.

The Outfield

Reaction score
Marvin49":nk7pr6jb said:
The Outfield":nk7pr6jb said:
Right....

That game was Buffalo @ San Francisco. Our game was Seattle @ Buffalo. There's a difference. Plus, you forgot about the Cardinals that the 49ers could only put 27 points on (if you can't do the math, that's less than half of 58)

Actually your game vs. was at virtually a neutral site.

Really...is this what we've come down to? Margin of victory? Is this college football now? The Niner dominated the Cards in both meetings....but I guess that's not good enough. You have to win by 40+ points for it to be impressive. SMH.[/quote]

When we're debating whether or not SF tried to win, then yes margin of victory in the two previous games matters.

Marvin49

Reaction score
loafoftatupu":2brtquyz said:
Marvin49":2brtquyz said:
Right....

Amazing... And they still couldnt beat the Rams. I am in admiration of the Niners Awesomeness constantly.

Nope....but they did only lose 4 games, 1 less than the Seahawks.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts