Season Ticket Upgrades

nsport

Reaction score
FYI - I don't know if it's like this for everyone - but the online request forms for season ticket upgrades open at 9AM this morning on the Account Manager screens where you pay for your tickets on Seahawks.com.

gspin2k1

Reaction score
To participate in the 2013 Seat Relocation/Upgrade process, please select the “UPGRADE NOW” text on the left hand side of this web page. You will be directed to select the seats you would like to relocate through the interactive seating map. The UPGRADE NOW graphic will only display during your scheduled seat relocation window.

This is my 1st year renewing, so I'm pretty sure I'm very far down the list for upgrades (dead last). I hope there's something decent left for me to upgrade to.

OP
OP
nsport

nsport

Reaction score
Well nevermind... pretty much all single tickets available in the upgrade process except in the big money sections.

gspin2k1

Reaction score
nsport":wkp737w9 said:
Well nevermind... pretty much all single tickets available in the upgrade process except in the big money sections.

So chances of me upgrading my 2 seats to something better than nosebleeds but not as expensive as club is zilch?

Right now i'm sec 337, maybe only 8 or so rows from the top, but I do have an aisle seat. I just want to get to the red section of the sidelines (pref home side) here http://www.seahawks.com/tickets/seating-map.html , but yeah I have a feeling it's going to take me a while. Especially considering the dude sitting right behind me claimed he had his tickets for like 6 years, but then again he did tell me money issues kept him where he was at.

bobofoosh

Reaction score
Finally! I've been waiting for this. I don't have the link yet either in my account.

nsport, Did you get an email indicating this was your window? I remember getting that last year.

BocciHawk

Reaction score
They are phasing this in groups based on priority date.

You will get an email telling you when your window will be.

You will get another email once the window is nigh.

You will have about 36 hours in which to do upgrades.

I have a pair in 308 row K and at the moment everything in 309 and 310 is total junk, and mine are the best available in 308. Other side of stadium is similar.

I get the feeling that there won't be any substantial upgrades available this year...

LudwigsDrummer

Reaction score
I just tried to upgrade a second pair I own in 105. No dice. 2 seperate seats were available further back. Same stoy in the other 3 sections that have the same proximity to the field.
We have a solid product!

hawksmode

Reaction score
sometimes it is better to not be first...I am only a 7 yr season ticket holder so I am sure I have a couple weeks and there were a ton last year.

gspin2k1

Reaction score
Just contacted my ticket manager. Looks like my upgrade window starts 4/23. I think the only thing that hurts me aside from the lack of seniority is that I really want home side (don't get sun in your eyes half of the game) and aisle (which is probably the hardest part) since i'm a wide body and that extra shoulder/elbow room really helps out. Oh well we'll see. It seems like if you're willing to stick with it during the bad years (either season and/or economy) that's when your options open up, which makes sense.

Hawknballs

Reaction score
last year my dad and I had the half-season package but ended up buying tickets for the rest of the games anyways, already have a deposit down - any idea on how likely we are to find something? The only down side is my dad has a permanent leg brace so we can't go up too many stairs. Our half-season tickets were in HH and that was rough on him. He has a disabled permit for parking and stuff. We were hoping to get something in an ADA area but I'm not sure how available those even are. We definitely don't want to invest in having season tickets in a non-ideal area for him to be able to get to the bathroom easy enough since he wont be getting any younger.

BocciHawk

Reaction score
Hawknballs":jnarkx6y said:
last year my dad and I had the half-season package but ended up buying tickets for the rest of the games anyways, already have a deposit down - any idea on how likely we are to find something? The only down side is my dad has a permanent leg brace so we can't go up too many stairs. Our half-season tickets were in HH and that was rough on him. He has a disabled permit for parking and stuff. We were hoping to get something in an ADA area but I'm not sure how available those even are. We definitely don't want to invest in having season tickets in a non-ideal area for him to be able to get to the bathroom easy enough since he wont be getting any younger.

The ADA stuff is TOTALLY separate from the regular tickets. They don't even show up in the seating matrix.

You absolutely HAVE to contact your ticket representative and talk to them about this. There is TONS of ADA compliant seating in the stadium, most of it has great sightlines, and you will NEVER get access to these seats randomly.

If he's got a permanent brace and disabled parking permit, I'm sure he qualifies...

BocciHawk

Reaction score
gspin2k1":3qm80f0j said:
Just contacted my ticket manager. Looks like my upgrade window starts 4/23. I think the only thing that hurts me aside from the lack of seniority is that I really want home side (don't get sun in your eyes half of the game) and aisle (which is probably the hardest part) since i'm a wide body and that extra shoulder/elbow room really helps out. Oh well we'll see. It seems like if you're willing to stick with it during the bad years (either season and/or economy) that's when your options open up, which makes sense.

Strangely I'm the exact opposite. I sit on visitors side and LOVE the sun. It's common in the winter for it to be 10 degrees warmer on the east side of the field... once the sun drops behind the other stands, and we're in shade, I really notice the temperature drop. No problems here with the sun...

Aisle is VERY difficult. Many people like them for the same reason you do...

That said, best of luck, and yes, every significant seat upgrade I've had occurred in the "bad years". We made massive upgrades when we went to Husky Stadium... there were a LOT of non renewals during that transition.

Hawknballs

Reaction score
BocciHawk":4e7jqh1m said:
Hawknballs":4e7jqh1m said:

The ADA stuff is TOTALLY separate from the regular tickets. They don't even show up in the seating matrix.

You absolutely HAVE to contact your ticket representative and talk to them about this. There is TONS of ADA compliant seating in the stadium, most of it has great sightlines, and you will NEVER get access to these seats randomly.

If he's got a permanent brace and disabled parking permit, I'm sure he qualifies...

Thanks, that's good to know. I mentioned it to my ticket rep a while ago but I will bring it up again just to make sure.

Bigpumpkin

Reaction score
I just noticed how the cost of tickets have ZOOMED up since 2010. We were at $55 a game...now $84. That is about 11% compounded every year....sure wish my 401K could make that kind of money!

mikeak

Reaction score
First year of the new stadium is the only year I had season tickets (moved away after that). $40 / game and I had lower level seats right where the straights meet the turn above the player tunnel. First row about that tunnel..........$40 / game - was very nice.

chimpanjesus

Reaction score
jumped up about 11 rows last off season. was hoping to move up a few more this time but its not looking likely.

gspin2k1

Reaction score
chimpanjesus":8xhvadvz said:
jumped up about 11 rows last off season. was hoping to move up a few more this time but its not looking likely.

I have a feeling if I'm willing to be more open with what side of the stadium I'm at, since I only need two seats I should be able to move down a few rows every season. But right now I'm really digging my aisle seats. I'm so worried I'm going to end up next to another Season Ticket Holder who barely fits in his/her seat, and will be stuck with a really shitty uncomfortable season. I was debating on just buying a separate pair for that reason, scoping it out, then selling it off if that was the case lol.

BocciHawk

Reaction score
I've been checking multiple times and nothing is showing up on the visitors upper levels, at all.

IMHO if you like aisle seats, I would NOT give them up unless you were moving to aisle seats. They can be very hard to get.

gspin2k1

Reaction score
If only I had $5k to blow on season tickets every year, and then I could just buy myself some club seats and be done with it lol.