Overrated Seattle

The Lounge is for non-sport-related topics other than politics, war and religion. Order up your favorite beverage, kick back and enjoy the conversation! RATING: PG-13
Re: Overrated Seattle
Thu Jan 31, 2013 9:31 pm
  • Hahaha, well played.

Rarely drink Bud Light, used it as a cheapness begets cheapness. If I'm eating a cheeseburger for 2.25, I'm drinking a beer that costs the same.
    seahawk2k
    NET Veteran

Sat Feb 16, 2013 7:05 pm
  • Just are at Cutters. It sucked. The service was worse than the food and the portions were even a bigger joke.
    CALIHAWK1
    *PLATINUM SUPPORTER*
    *PLATINUM SUPPORTER*

Sat Apr 06, 2013 8:25 am
  • We went to McCormick and Schmicks last night for dinner. It was disappointing. The food was alright, not great, but the experience lacked big time. I'm not a seafood expert. I asked if they had something similar to oysters Rockefeller. She said no but they did have four different oyster choices to choose from and if I ordered the dozen I could get three of each. I said okay and there were four different types of basically the same oyster. None were prepared or had any additional toppings etc. I guess that's on me to a certain degree for not inquiring prior to ordering.

It also happened to be my birthday so while I was using the little boys room my wife asked if there anything they could do. The waitress told her that if we bought a dessert they cou ld put a candle on it. Really?
    CALIHAWK1
    *PLATINUM SUPPORTER*
    *PLATINUM SUPPORTER*

Sat Apr 06, 2013 1:15 pm
  • -The Glove- wrote:Dick's is pretty overrated. There's a burger joint in Tacoma called "Burger Ranch" that is just as good imo.

There were a couple burger ranch in Yakima, I loved that place!
    bellingerga
    NET Veteran

Sat Apr 06, 2013 3:11 pm
  • bellingerga wrote:
    -The Glove- wrote:Dick's is pretty overrated. There's a burger joint in Tacoma called "Burger Ranch" that is just as good imo.

In & Out going in in Bellevue. If they expand bye bye Dicks. Not even close.
    CALIHAWK1
    *PLATINUM SUPPORTER*
    *PLATINUM SUPPORTER*

Sat Apr 06, 2013 4:00 pm
  • Daniels I have found is very good..but not up to its reputation. It sis a toss up with the Met. Grill IMO
    I like Salty's for out of town visitors a lot is to be said for the view.
    Dicks I agree is very over rated
    El Guacho is $$$ but I have not had a bad meal there
    Happypuppy
    NET Veteran

Sat Apr 06, 2013 4:02 pm
  • JSeahawks wrote:The Huskies sports programs.

JSeahawks as a person
    Hawkfan509
    *SILVER SUPPORTER*
    *SILVER SUPPORTER*

Sat Apr 06, 2013 4:04 pm
  • bellingerga wrote:
    -The Glove- wrote:Dick's is pretty overrated. There's a burger joint in Tacoma called "Burger Ranch" that is just as good imo.

Burger Ranch is great. Whole bunch of them on the East Side
    Hawkfan509
    *SILVER SUPPORTER*
    *SILVER SUPPORTER*

Sat Apr 06, 2013 6:44 pm
  • CALIHAWK1 wrote:
    bellingerga wrote:

I've been to In & out one time, and it was horrible. I've had so many people rave about it, last time my wife and I were in San Fran we stopped by one. It was crowded, dirty, the people behind the counter were angry/rude. We got our food (order was wrong but whatever) no place to sit so we just kinda stood on the side and made do. The burgers were bland and dry, fries were horrible. We just kinda looked at each other and were like whats the big deal about this place? Dumped the remainder of food and left. :Dunno:

Now in saying this I realize this was probably an aberration I hope?? You can't really judge by one visit. Maybe this place was the worst out of all the franchises? Caught them on a bad day? Who knows.

As of right now, I'll take a Deluxe or Special, fries and a shake over anything at In & Out. :D Now even if In & Out was all that people say, doubt it would hurts Dick's too much, it's a nostalgia thing here in Seattle. Even if its not the best burger in the world, sometimes you want the burger you had when you were a kid with your dad after a baseball game, or the burger you remember with your drunk college buddies at 1am.
    As a musician and audio quality champion, Neil Young said in 2012, “Steve Jobs was a pioneer of digital music. But when he went home, he listened to vinyl.”
    twisted_steel2
    NET Veteran

Sat Apr 06, 2013 6:56 pm
  • twisted_steel2 wrote:
    CALIHAWK1 wrote:
    bellingerga wrote:[quote="-The Glove-"]Dick's is pretty overrated. There's a burger joint in Tacoma called "Burger Ranch" that is just as good imo.

I've been to In & out one time, and it was horrible. I've had so many people rave about it, last time my wife and I were in San Fran we stopped by one. It was crowded, dirty, the people behind the counter were angry/rude. We got our food (order was wrong but whatever) no place to sit so we just kinda stood on the side and made do. The burgers were bland and dry, fries were horrible. We just kinda looked at each other and were like whats the big deal about this place? Dumped the remainder of food and left. :Dunno:

Now in saying this I realize this was probably an aberration I hope?? You can't really judge by one visit. Maybe this place was the worst out of all the franchises? Caught them on a bad day? Who knows.

As of right now, I'll take a Deluxe or Special, fries and a shake over anything at In & Out. :D Now even if In & Out was all that people say, doubt it would hurts Dick's too much, it's a nostalgia thing here in Seattle. Even if its not the best burger in the world, sometimes you want the burger you had when you were a kid with your dad after a baseball game, or the burger you remember with your drunk college buddies at 1am.[/quote]
    I agree with In&Out. Had it twice and its never been anything special. It's kind of like Carl's Jr and Sonic. Everybody raved about how awesome it was and now that its here locally, you see that it's nothing special.
    -The Glove-
    NET Veteran

Sat Apr 06, 2013 6:58 pm
  • twisted_steel2 wrote:

As of right now, I'll take a Deluxe or Special, fries and a shake over anything at In & Out. :D Now even if In & Out was all that people say, doubt it would hurts Dick's too much, it's a nostalgia thing here in Seattle. Even if its not the best burger in the world, sometimes you want the burger you had when you were a kid with your dad after a baseball game, or the burger you remember with your drunk college buddies at 1am.

Agree completely. I've been to In And Out quite a few times. Its good, but I dont think its anything special. Nothing better about it then Carls Jr, Wendys or some of the other fast food burger joints.

If any of you are ever down in the Portland area and want to try a GREAT burger, there's a new place called Killer Burger (i think there's 3 or 4 of them), that makes the best burger i've had.

http://killerburger.biz/
    JSeahawks
    * NET Moderator *

Sat Apr 06, 2013 7:31 pm
  • CALIHAWK1 wrote:
    bellingerga wrote:

Where did you hear that? Please don't joke around about something like that. In spite of the hate in this thread, In-n-Out is awesome sauce.
    World Champion Seattle Seahawks football. It's an addiction, and there is no cure.
    Seahawk Sailor
    * .NET Navy Bad Ass *

Sat Apr 06, 2013 8:25 pm
  • Seahawk Sailor wrote:
    CALIHAWK1 wrote:
    bellingerga wrote:[quote="-The Glove-"]Dick's is pretty overrated. There's a burger joint in Tacoma called "Burger Ranch" that is just as good imo.

Where did you hear that? Please don't joke around about something like that. In spite of the hate in this thread, In-n-Out is awesome sauce.[/quote]

I heard it. Anyone that says its like Carls Jr is an idiot.
    CALIHAWK1
    *PLATINUM SUPPORTER*
    *PLATINUM SUPPORTER*

Sat Apr 06, 2013 10:28 pm
  • CALIHAWK1 wrote:
    Seahawk Sailor wrote:Where did you hear that? Please don't joke around about something like that. In spite of the hate in this thread, In-n-Out is awesome sauce.

Word.
    World Champion Seattle Seahawks football. It's an addiction, and there is no cure.
    Seahawk Sailor
    * .NET Navy Bad Ass *

Sat Apr 06, 2013 10:31 pm
  • -The Glove- wrote:Dick's is pretty overrated. There's a burger joint in Tacoma called "Burger Ranch" that is just as good imo.

I agree about Dick's. I don't understand the fascination with that place.
    The Outfield
    NET Veteran

Sun Apr 07, 2013 12:48 am
  • In 'n Out is overrated. Not bad at all, but definitely overrated by many.
    "VICTORYYYYYYY!" -Johnny Drama
    RolandDeschain
    *NET FCC Liaison*

Sun Apr 07, 2013 7:12 am
  • Seahawk Sailor wrote:
    CALIHAWK1 wrote:
    Seahawk Sailor wrote:Where did you hear that? Please don't joke around about something like that. In spite of the hate in this thread, In-n-Out is awesome sauce.

Word.

A cowo rker asked me if I thought they would ever make it up here. I asked how far north into Oregon were they. Another coworker googled to see and there it was.
    CALIHAWK1
    *PLATINUM SUPPORTER*
    *PLATINUM SUPPORTER*

Sun Apr 07, 2013 8:45 am
  • I lived in Seattle for 31 years and I don't understand the love for Dicks hamburgers. Not even 1/4th as good as In -n- Out.

And Carls jr. can be ok if you find a store that gives a rip about the quality but they are few and far between. I know of about 3 that are always pretty good. The rest are horrid.
    Largent80
    NET Ring Of Honor

Sun Apr 07, 2013 8:52 am
  • RolandDeschain wrote:In 'n Out is overrated. Not bad at all, but definitely overrated by many.

If you rate it for what it is, a drive thru burger its very good. Is it restaurant sit down caliber? Not IMO. It is far superior to Dicks by a mile and any other fast food burger joint I've been to.
    CALIHAWK1
    *PLATINUM SUPPORTER*
    *PLATINUM SUPPORTER*

Sun Apr 07, 2013 9:08 am
  • Dicks is cheap, simple, tasty and has been around for decades. It obviously isn't gourmet but I stop by on most of my trips to Seattle. Hard to compare it to a place like In n Out when they aren't trying to be the same thing.
    AbsolutNET
    * NET X's & O's Guru *

Sun Apr 07, 2013 9:16 am
  • Seahawk Sailor wrote:
    CALIHAWK1 wrote:

Word.

Yes. Because anybody who has a different opinion or different tastes must be an idiot.
    JSeahawks
    * NET Moderator *

Sun Apr 07, 2013 3:21 pm
  • JSeahawks wrote:
    Seahawk Sailor wrote:
    CALIHAWK1 wrote:[quote="Seahawk Sailor"]Where did you hear that? Please don't joke around about something like that. In spite of the hate in this thread, In-n-Out is awesome sauce.

Word.

Yes. Because anybody who has a different opinion or different tastes must be an idiot.[/quote]

No. Comparing Carls Jr. and In & Out makes it so.
    CALIHAWK1
    *PLATINUM SUPPORTER*
    *PLATINUM SUPPORTER*

Sun Apr 07, 2013 3:23 pm
  • AbsolutNET wrote:Dicks is cheap, simple, tasty and has been around for decades. It obviously isn't gourmet but I stop by on most of my trips to Seattle. Hard to compare it to a place like In n Out when they aren't trying to be the same thing.

Agree to a certain degree. They are not the same but what is In & Out trying to be other than a drive thru burger joint the same as Dicks. Spokane Dicks is better than Seattle Dicks.
    CALIHAWK1
    *PLATINUM SUPPORTER*
    *PLATINUM SUPPORTER*

Tue Apr 09, 2013 12:55 am
  • JSeahawks wrote:The Huskies sports programs.

Yep and as a UW fan I agree of late. Another is duck fan mods on a Seattle Seahawks board! ;)
    On a serious note Beth's cafe is extremely overrated its a greasy spoon dive that by some miracle hasn't been shut down by the health department yet!
    42-13, 29-3, and 23-17 and a Lombardi trophy from THIS millennium.....deal with it niner trolls

SEATTLE SEAHAWKS SUPERBOWL XLVIII CHAMPIONS!
    Sports Hernia
    NET Pro Bowler

Tue Apr 09, 2013 6:36 am

Tue Apr 09, 2013 6:46 am
  • Beyond checking the date, click the link in the story. Takes you to the April Fool's wiki.
    cboom wrote:Wilson is the worst QB I have seen as a Hawks fan. And I have been around long enough to see them all.
    HawksFTW
    * NET E-Knight *

Tue Apr 09, 2013 6:46 am
  • twisted_steel2 wrote:http://www.king5.com/news/consumer/Jesse-searches-for-the-regions-best-hamburgers-201705551.html

Closest In & Out is REDDING, CA according to their website.

Some people thought they were moving to Bellevue, because of this article:

http://www.eatbellevue.com/2011/04/in-n ... -bellevue/

But check out the date..... sorry Sailor.

Crap. Saw the 2011. Totally glazed over the day. Oh well. California's gotta have at least one thing cool about it, eh?
    Seahawk Sailor
    * .NET Navy Bad Ass *

Tue Apr 09, 2013 6:49 am
  • Riding my motorcycle in sunshine 12 months out of the year is also cool in my world.
    Largent80
    NET Ring Of Honor

Tue Apr 09, 2013 7:00 am
  • Largent80 wrote:Riding my motorcycle in sunshine 12 months out of the year is also cool in my world.

I saw the sun a week ago, no maybe it was 8 or 9 days ago the sun was out. God that sounds horrible. :(
    As a musician and audio quality champion, Neil Young said in 2012, “Steve Jobs was a pioneer of digital music. But when he went home, he listened to vinyl.”
    twisted_steel2
    NET Veteran

Tue Apr 09, 2013 7:12 am
  • JSeahawks wrote:
    twisted_steel2 wrote:

Agree completely. I've been to In And Out quite a few times. Its good, but I dont think its anything special. Nothing better about it then Carls Jr, Wendys or some of the other fast food burger joints.

If any of you are ever down in the Portland area and want to try a GREAT burger, there's a new place called Killer Burger (i think there's 3 or 4 of them), that makes the best burger i've had.

http://killerburger.biz/

How have I not heard about this? There's one a few miles from my house in Sellwood!

By the way, in case I haven't already said it, I've never been impressed by In 'n Out.
    Super Bowl Champions XVLIII
    Sarlacc83
    * NET Philistine *

Tue Apr 09, 2013 7:24 am
  • twisted_steel2 wrote:http://www.king5.com/news/consumer/Jesse-searches-for-the-regions-best-hamburgers-201705551.html

Closest In & Out is REDDING, CA according to their website.

Some people thought they were moving to Bellevue, because of this article:

http://www.eatbellevue.com/2011/04/in-n ... -bellevue/

But check out the date..... sorry Sailor.

Well crap.
    CALIHAWK1
    *PLATINUM SUPPORTER*
    *PLATINUM SUPPORTER*

Previous

It is currently Thu Aug 28, 2014 7:31 am

Please REGISTER to become a member

Return to [ THE NET LOUNGE ]

Information