NBA returning to Seattle?

Discuss any and all sports-related topics. From the College Sports to Baseball and everything in between. RATING: PG-13
Re: NBA returning to Seattle?
Mon Apr 08, 2013 9:12 pm
  • Interesting note from the KJ press conference
    At least this bit:

    When a reporter asked KJ if the other investors were going to make up the difference, he did not say yes. He said the owners are committed and that they were aware this might be an issue, which implies that things will be fine, but he never comes out and states an unequivocal yes. Might mean nothing, might mean something when it comes from a politician whose job is to parse words.

    Maybe it’s not an issue, but I am skeptical that you can take out the biggest investor in the group and have people ready to pony up a huge amount of cash.

    So there was no confirmation that the Sac group would match, and the answer was just as political and dodgy about whether or not the amount Burkle was going to contribute is being completely replaced by the other investors.

    http://www.king5.com/news/Sacramentos-w ... 55251.html

    Also interesting
    “A high level NBA league source says Burkle “wasn’t all that fired up about this deal.”"

    Even more interesting?
    “NBA Commissioner David Stern said last week, when prompted about whether the Sacramento offer needed to be improved, “That’s not one of the issues we’re currently researching for the Owners.””

    Uh what? I kept seeing that quote as simply “That’s not one of the issues,” but that additional bit sure feels like it changes the connotation. Basically going from “it’s not an issue” to “it’s not an issue we are looking into any further”, which would fit the idea thrown out there that the Sac offer is in, it is what it is, and the NBA is moving on, not that the NBA is necessarily fine with the Sac offer or that the Sac group has matched give or take $30m.
    User avatar
    pinksheets
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 2836
    Joined: Thu Apr 21, 2011 3:47 pm
    Location: Seattle


Re: NBA returning to Seattle?
Mon Apr 08, 2013 9:27 pm
  • Man, pinksheets, you should really have a Sonics blog. Good research and posts.
    User avatar
    The Outfield
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 2235
    Joined: Wed Jan 16, 2013 12:11 am


Re: NBA returning to Seattle?
Mon Apr 08, 2013 9:31 pm
  • Haha, I actually copy and pasted posts I made on SonicsRising.

    If you aren't already, I highly recommending being a member and following that blog. News is posted there almost immediately by members and is immediately disseminated and discussed. Lots of smart people analyzing the situation, etc.
    User avatar
    pinksheets
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 2836
    Joined: Thu Apr 21, 2011 3:47 pm
    Location: Seattle


Re: NBA returning to Seattle?
Mon Apr 08, 2013 9:41 pm
  • pinksheets wrote:Haha, I actually copy and pasted posts I made on SonicsRising.

    If you aren't already, I highly recommending being a member and following that blog. News is posted there almost immediately by members and is immediately disseminated and discussed. Lots of smart people analyzing the situation, etc.


    I was reading through Brian McCann's twitter account and he had a conversation between himself and a Kings fan and the fan stated that they KJ/Mastrov/Renediv offer is/was rumored to be around 30 mil less than the Hasen/Ballmer/Nord offer. Do you have any info on that Pink?
    Image
    User avatar
    Blitzer88
    * NET Eeyore *
     
    Posts: 11034
    Joined: Thu Apr 30, 2009 7:47 am
    Location: Pasco, WA


Re: NBA returning to Seattle?
Mon Apr 08, 2013 9:45 pm
  • Blitzer88 wrote:
    pinksheets wrote:Haha, I actually copy and pasted posts I made on SonicsRising.

    If you aren't already, I highly recommending being a member and following that blog. News is posted there almost immediately by members and is immediately disseminated and discussed. Lots of smart people analyzing the situation, etc.


    I was reading through Brian McCann's twitter account and he had a conversation between himself and a Kings fan and the fan stated that they KJ/Mastrov/Renediv offer is/was rumored to be around 30 mil less than the Hasen/Ballmer/Nord offer. Do you have any info on that Pink?

    That's just speculation.

    I mean, I can't say for certain it isn't true, but from all I can tell that rumor sprung up in speculative conversation between Kings fans when talking about Stern's comments that the Sac offer was "not an issue" (which btw, if you look at the full quote from the Chris Daniels article, may not be a fair way to sum up waht he said). They assumed that it "not being an issue" meant they had either matched or had offered all but the $30m deposit basically saying Hansen had already paid it so the Maloofs had it no matter what (meaning they were basically counting Hansen's payment as part of their bid since it was non-refundable). I haven't seen that linked to any source, just talked about in back and forth convos. I don't believe it's true, and if it were, I think it'd be an awful play for them to make.

    And when you look at Stern's quote, again, you can take a lot from that. It's "not an issue" that they are "researching for owners". Meaning, I think the offer portion of it is simply final for Sac, they've made their pitch for what has been commonly referred to as a "backup offer".
    User avatar
    pinksheets
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 2836
    Joined: Thu Apr 21, 2011 3:47 pm
    Location: Seattle


Re: NBA returning to Seattle?
Mon Apr 08, 2013 10:28 pm
  • Also funny to note that in KJ's press conference today, he probably said, at least four times, that Sacramento should be the "final resting place for the Sacramento Kings".

    I agree.

    Image
    User avatar
    pinksheets
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 2836
    Joined: Thu Apr 21, 2011 3:47 pm
    Location: Seattle


Re: NBA returning to Seattle?
Mon Apr 08, 2013 11:17 pm
  • Lol you're one evil muhhh
    Image
    3elieve
    User avatar
    Throwdown
    * NET Baller *
     
    Posts: 19136
    Joined: Thu Apr 30, 2009 8:02 am
    Location: Graham, WA


Re: NBA returning to Seattle?
Tue Apr 09, 2013 12:15 am
  • Throwdown wrote:
    pinksheets wrote:When Sacramento fans play this off as no big deal, that Burkle is not that important....

    ask them or just yourself this...

    who is KJ on the phone with celebrating an agreement on the arena?

    Image


    Totally misconstrued, he's excited for the pizza he just ordered.

    Can you blame the guy? Pizza is delicious!!!!
    SEATTLE SEAHAWKS SUPERBOWL XLVIII CHAMPIONS!

    May the spirit of our friend The Radish live on forever!
    User avatar
    Sports Hernia
    NET Pro Bowler
     
    Posts: 11481
    Joined: Thu Apr 30, 2009 4:36 pm
    Location: Lombardi Land


Re: NBA returning to Seattle?
Tue Apr 09, 2013 2:10 am
  • #herewebuy...dominoes
    Image
    3elieve
    User avatar
    Throwdown
    * NET Baller *
     
    Posts: 19136
    Joined: Thu Apr 30, 2009 8:02 am
    Location: Graham, WA


Re: NBA returning to Seattle?
Tue Apr 09, 2013 10:14 am
  • Anyone else on Sonicsrising?
    Image
    "I'm not the type to let a sleeping giant lie. I wake up the giant, slap him around, make him mad and beat him to the ground. I talk a big game because I carry a big stick." --- All-Pro Stanford Graduate
    User avatar
    Hawken-Dazs
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 600
    Joined: Thu Aug 04, 2011 5:50 pm


Re: NBA returning to Seattle?
Tue Apr 09, 2013 10:27 am
  • Hawken-Dazs wrote:Anyone else on Sonicsrising?


    Just went over there for the first time, and I see this as the first thread... lol

    http://www.sonicsrising.com/2013/4/9/42 ... -classless
    So you think you can tell Heaven from Hell, blue skies from pain. Can you tell a green field from a cold steel rail? A smile from a veil?
    User avatar
    twisted_steel2
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 5348
    Joined: Sun Mar 04, 2007 9:41 am
    Location: Ballard


Re: NBA returning to Seattle?
Tue Apr 09, 2013 10:34 am

Re: NBA returning to Seattle?
Tue Apr 09, 2013 10:35 am

Re: NBA returning to Seattle?
Tue Apr 09, 2013 10:47 am
  • KJ long ago established himself as almost a flat-out liar - a total politician. Any celebrating he is doing or claims he is making are %90 BS. The Hanson group is the opposite - pragmatic, straightforward, phlegmatic with the press. It's real, real hard to translate anything KJ says into any kind of reality. He's the captain of the Titanic going down with the ship, grinning, nodding, giving the thumbs up: "We'll be just fine!"
    WILL PHILIP RIVERS TEST RICHARD SHERMAN'S SIDE OF THE FIELD?
    http://cover32.com/seahawks/2014/09/10/ ... the-field/
    Follow me on Twitter: @George_OGorman
    User avatar
    Lords of Scythia
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 1333
    Joined: Mon Sep 19, 2011 10:32 am


Re: NBA returning to Seattle?
Tue Apr 09, 2013 11:22 am
  • When I look at this situation right now and try to pretend that I am neutral, I cannot see this going in Sacramento's favor. Seattle has a plan that is about as good as it gets while Sacramento is still trying to force pieces that don't quite fit. This is suppose to be a business decision after all...
    User avatar
    TheLargentLine
    NET Rookie
     
    Posts: 200
    Joined: Thu Sep 30, 2010 4:35 pm
    Location: Olympia


Re: NBA returning to Seattle?
Tue Apr 09, 2013 11:36 am
  • TheLargentLine wrote:When I look at this situation right now and try to pretend that I am neutral, I cannot see this going in Sacramento's favor. Seattle has a plan that is about as good as it gets while Sacramento is still trying to force pieces that don't quite fit. This is suppose to be a business decision after all...


    Yep. Seattle's ownership, arena plan, and market just seem so strong and stable at this point. Then the ticket reservation thing recently was brilliant, well timed.
    So you think you can tell Heaven from Hell, blue skies from pain. Can you tell a green field from a cold steel rail? A smile from a veil?
    User avatar
    twisted_steel2
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 5348
    Joined: Sun Mar 04, 2007 9:41 am
    Location: Ballard


Re: NBA returning to Seattle?
Tue Apr 09, 2013 11:50 am
  • It's not like attendance to Sonics games before they left was lacking. In 06-07, the average attendance was approximately 95% of KeyArena's capacity. So there's really no basis for an argument that an NBA team did not and would not have enough support in Seattle.
    User avatar
    The Outfield
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 2235
    Joined: Wed Jan 16, 2013 12:11 am


Re: NBA returning to Seattle?
Tue Apr 09, 2013 12:49 pm
  • i just heard some zillionaire that was backing kings by the name of burkle just dropped off...things looking awful promising!!
    User avatar
    jack_patera
    NET Rookie
     
    Posts: 208
    Joined: Mon Jun 04, 2012 2:37 pm
    Location: ..Location..Location


Re: NBA returning to Seattle?
Tue Apr 09, 2013 1:54 pm
  • You can smell the desperation coming from Sacramento, and yes its combining with the cows and it smells like victory for Seattle.
    Image
    3elieve
    User avatar
    Throwdown
    * NET Baller *
     
    Posts: 19136
    Joined: Thu Apr 30, 2009 8:02 am
    Location: Graham, WA


Re: NBA returning to Seattle?
Tue Apr 09, 2013 2:22 pm
  • Say what you want about KJ but at least he isn't just laying down like Greg Nickels did; I hate him almost as much as I do Clay Bennett.
    User avatar
    Killa Kam
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 561
    Joined: Sun Oct 30, 2011 2:46 pm


Re: NBA returning to Seattle?
Tue Apr 09, 2013 2:25 pm
  • Killa Kam wrote:Say what you want about KJ but at least he isn't just laying down like Greg Nickels did; I hate him almost as much as I do Clay Bennett.


    He's still a punk, only a desperate man would throw the fans of either town under the bus. KJ has stooped to that level, Hansen & other Seattle guys haven't made it about the fans, but they/we could if we really felt like being jerks and taking it there. But we've been pretty business like in our approach both on the home front from the fans and where it matters with Hansen.
    Image
    3elieve
    User avatar
    Throwdown
    * NET Baller *
     
    Posts: 19136
    Joined: Thu Apr 30, 2009 8:02 am
    Location: Graham, WA


Re: NBA returning to Seattle?
Tue Apr 09, 2013 2:33 pm
  • Throwdown wrote:
    Killa Kam wrote:Say what you want about KJ but at least he isn't just laying down like Greg Nickels did; I hate him almost as much as I do Clay Bennett.


    He's still a punk, only a desperate man would throw the fans of either town under the bus. KJ has stooped to that level, Hansen & other Seattle guys haven't made it about the fans, but they/we could if we really felt like being jerks and taking it there. But we've been pretty business like in our approach both on the home front from the fans and where it matters with Hansen.


    I haven't followed this as much so I didn't know he was throwing little shots at us, disregard my last post then. I think I read somewhere on twitter Hansen and the other guys on our side weren't allowed to publicly comment on the proceedings.
    User avatar
    Killa Kam
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 561
    Joined: Sun Oct 30, 2011 2:46 pm


Re: NBA returning to Seattle?
Tue Apr 09, 2013 2:38 pm
  • Killa Kam wrote:
    Throwdown wrote:
    Killa Kam wrote:Say what you want about KJ but at least he isn't just laying down like Greg Nickels did; I hate him almost as much as I do Clay Bennett.


    He's still a punk, only a desperate man would throw the fans of either town under the bus. KJ has stooped to that level, Hansen & other Seattle guys haven't made it about the fans, but they/we could if we really felt like being jerks and taking it there. But we've been pretty business like in our approach both on the home front from the fans and where it matters with Hansen.


    I haven't followed this as much so I didn't know he was throwing little shots at us, disregard my last post then. I think I read somewhere on twitter Hansen and the other guys on our side weren't allowed to publicly comment on the proceedings.


    They're not, they're on gag order after the purchase was submitted and they were vetted. He did speak to the media a week ago, but it was just a bunch of "i can't really say anything on that" when it came to actually talking about the process, but when it came to talking about Seattle's support, he did a good job.
    Image
    3elieve
    User avatar
    Throwdown
    * NET Baller *
     
    Posts: 19136
    Joined: Thu Apr 30, 2009 8:02 am
    Location: Graham, WA


Re: NBA returning to Seattle?
Tue Apr 09, 2013 3:10 pm
  • The only thing that gives me a bad feeling about this whole situation is that Sacramento is really putting a push forward for their case. They're doing far, far more than Seattle ever did back in the day. The NBA, I think, would rather not move franchises if it had a choice. And that scares me. Even a half-assed plan to save the Kings could be all they need to pull this off.
    World Champion Seattle Seahawks football. It's an addiction, and there is no cure.
    Les Norton - gone but never forgotten. Rest in blue and green peace, my friend.
    User avatar
    Seahawk Sailor
    * .NET Navy Bad Ass *
     
    Posts: 18612
    Joined: Sat Mar 03, 2007 9:23 am
    Location: The beautiful PNW


Re: NBA returning to Seattle?
Tue Apr 09, 2013 3:43 pm
  • I agree Seahawk Sailor. The NBA really screwed this whole thing up. By holding Sacramento's hand they have painted themselves into a corner. The message will either be "it will be nearly impossible to keep your team if your owner wants to sell to outside bidders" or "you can have a perfect arena plan in place with all the necessary support and you won't get a team, and owners can't really choose who they sell to".

    I'm not worried, but I'm very nervous. I really think that if Seattle doesn't get the Kings there won't be another chance until the NBA expands.
    BillHawks
    NET Starter
     
    Posts: 366
    Joined: Sun Sep 18, 2011 4:12 pm


Re: NBA returning to Seattle?
Tue Apr 09, 2013 3:45 pm
  • BillHawks wrote:I agree Seahawk Sailor. The NBA really screwed this whole thing up. By holding Sacramento's hand they have painted themselves into a corner. The message will either be "it will be nearly impossible to keep your team if your owner wants to sell to outside bidders" or "you can have a perfect arena plan in place with all the necessary support and you won't get a team, and owners can't really choose who they sell to".

    I'm not worried, but I'm very nervous. I really think that if Seattle doesn't get the Kings there won't be another chance until the NBA expands.


    Or I'm dead :-(
    Why is it when I try to come off as a smart ass, the opposite happens? :-(
    User avatar
    grizbob
    *TOP 5 SUPPORTER*
    *TOP 5 SUPPORTER*
     
    Posts: 2324
    Joined: Sat Mar 03, 2007 7:17 am
    Location: Born in Oakharbor, raised in the west, sentenced to life in St George


Re: NBA returning to Seattle?
Tue Apr 09, 2013 3:51 pm
  • grizbob wrote:
    BillHawks wrote:I agree Seahawk Sailor. The NBA really screwed this whole thing up. By holding Sacramento's hand they have painted themselves into a corner. The message will either be "it will be nearly impossible to keep your team if your owner wants to sell to outside bidders" or "you can have a perfect arena plan in place with all the necessary support and you won't get a team, and owners can't really choose who they sell to".

    I'm not worried, but I'm very nervous. I really think that if Seattle doesn't get the Kings there won't be another chance until the NBA expands.


    Or I'm dead :-(


    I'm still pretty confident we'll get the Kings. It's just hard not to question yourself with all the PR stuff Sacramento is doing.
    BillHawks
    NET Starter
     
    Posts: 366
    Joined: Sun Sep 18, 2011 4:12 pm


Re: NBA returning to Seattle?
Tue Apr 09, 2013 4:17 pm
  • I honestly don't think the NBA wants to ever move franchises, look at New Orleans, they went out of their way last year to keep the team there. I think they're giving Sacramento a fair shot here, but I just don't think Sacramentos shot is good enough.
    Image
    3elieve
    User avatar
    Throwdown
    * NET Baller *
     
    Posts: 19136
    Joined: Thu Apr 30, 2009 8:02 am
    Location: Graham, WA


Re: NBA returning to Seattle?
Tue Apr 09, 2013 4:32 pm
  • Funny to see this transparent propaganda blitz from Sac based media.

    "90/10 they stay"
    "The NBA will not leave with a bad taste in the mouth of Sacramento"
    "The NBA is backing Sacramento"

    etc. etc. etc.

    Coincidentally this comes a day after they lose their biggest investor and replace him with some small time shady guy.
    User avatar
    pinksheets
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 2836
    Joined: Thu Apr 21, 2011 3:47 pm
    Location: Seattle


Re: NBA returning to Seattle?
Tue Apr 09, 2013 4:35 pm
  • You change those Sacramentos to Seattles and it's 2008 all over again, lol. God those days friggin sucked, the team sucked and we were gonna lose em.
    Image
    3elieve
    User avatar
    Throwdown
    * NET Baller *
     
    Posts: 19136
    Joined: Thu Apr 30, 2009 8:02 am
    Location: Graham, WA


Re: NBA returning to Seattle?
Tue Apr 09, 2013 4:38 pm
  • pinksheets wrote:

    Coincidentally this comes a day after they lose their biggest investor and replace him with some small time shady guy.


    Sachawk finally putting his money where his mouth is, huh?
    Image
    User avatar
    JSeahawks
    * NET Moderator *
     
    Posts: 18551
    Joined: Thu Mar 01, 2007 2:35 pm
    Location: Milwaukie, Oregon


Re: NBA returning to Seattle?
Tue Apr 09, 2013 6:27 pm
  • JSeahawks wrote:
    pinksheets wrote:

    Coincidentally this comes a day after they lose their biggest investor and replace him with some small time shady guy.


    Sachawk finally putting his money where his mouth is, huh?


    Be afraid. Be very afraid.
    "Pete Carroll brings in great elves...and they make the best presents."
    User avatar
    SacHawk2.0
    .NOT a Moderator
     
    Posts: 10112
    Joined: Thu Apr 30, 2009 4:51 pm
    Location: With a white girl


Re: NBA returning to Seattle?
Tue Apr 09, 2013 7:55 pm
  • Image
    Image
    User avatar
    dunceface
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 3316
    Joined: Fri Aug 12, 2011 10:29 am


Re: NBA returning to Seattle?
Tue Apr 09, 2013 7:55 pm
  • @wchoops
    THE LATEST: Some #NBA owners want Sacramento back and pushing hard for Seattle expansion team, big bucks to them if it happens
    User avatar
    Pstark3
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 1428
    Joined: Sat Aug 27, 2011 7:08 pm
    Location: Bellevue


Re: NBA returning to Seattle?
Tue Apr 09, 2013 7:59 pm
  • "Want Sacramento back" is an odd choice of words, isn't it?

    Why would you need to bring "Sacramento back" if they already hold a team? Might just be poor wording there, but that could sound like BoG was leaning Seattle but is now considering expansion to please both sides. That wouldn't surprise me. Picking one? Seattle, obvious choice. Picking both? Get the big money from Seattle and the nice tax write off for charity by having a team in Sac. :lol:
    User avatar
    pinksheets
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 2836
    Joined: Thu Apr 21, 2011 3:47 pm
    Location: Seattle


Re: NBA returning to Seattle?
Tue Apr 09, 2013 8:12 pm
  • As an outsider to the situation I hope they don't go the expansion route. I'd feel bad for the people of Sacramento if they lost the Kings, and I feel bad for the people of Seattle that they lost the Sonics. But as a fan of the NBA there are already too many crappy teams and not enough great players to go around. I'd rather cut a few teams from the NBA than add more.
    Image
    User avatar
    JSeahawks
    * NET Moderator *
     
    Posts: 18551
    Joined: Thu Mar 01, 2007 2:35 pm
    Location: Milwaukie, Oregon


Re: NBA returning to Seattle?
Tue Apr 09, 2013 8:26 pm
  • JSeahawks wrote:As an outsider to the situation I hope they don't go the expansion route. I'd feel bad for the people of Sacramento if they lost the Kings, and I feel bad for the people of Seattle that they lost the Sonics. But as a fan of the NBA there are already too many crappy teams and not enough great players to go around. I'd rather cut a few teams from the NBA than add more.


    Yeah, I agree. I don't think there's enough room for another team.
    User avatar
    The Outfield
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 2235
    Joined: Wed Jan 16, 2013 12:11 am


Re: NBA returning to Seattle?
Tue Apr 09, 2013 8:32 pm
  • Pstark3 wrote:@wchoops
    THE LATEST: Some #NBA owners want Sacramento back and pushing hard for Seattle expansion team, big bucks to them if it happens


    Well if expansion is ultimately out of the question, which I think it is based on what Stern said. For those suspected owners that want to make both parties happy how do they vote on the 18th/19th?
    Image
    User avatar
    Blitzer88
    * NET Eeyore *
     
    Posts: 11034
    Joined: Thu Apr 30, 2009 7:47 am
    Location: Pasco, WA


Re: NBA returning to Seattle?
Tue Apr 09, 2013 8:37 pm
  • Blitzer88 wrote:
    Pstark3 wrote:@wchoops
    THE LATEST: Some #NBA owners want Sacramento back and pushing hard for Seattle expansion team, big bucks to them if it happens


    Well if expansion is ultimately out of the question, which I think it is based on what Stern said. For those suspected owners that want to make both parties happy how do they vote on the 18th/19th?


    They have to put aside their feelings for Sacramento and vote for whichever side has the most solid financial situation and arena plan.
    User avatar
    The Outfield
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 2235
    Joined: Wed Jan 16, 2013 12:11 am


Re: NBA returning to Seattle?
Wed Apr 10, 2013 12:38 am
  • JSeahawks wrote:As an outsider to the situation I hope they don't go the expansion route. I'd feel bad for the people of Sacramento if they lost the Kings, and I feel bad for the people of Seattle that they lost the Sonics. But as a fan of the NBA there are already too many crappy teams and not enough great players to go around. I'd rather cut a few teams from the NBA than add more.

    Can we cut Portland from the list of crappy teams? ;)
    SEATTLE SEAHAWKS SUPERBOWL XLVIII CHAMPIONS!

    May the spirit of our friend The Radish live on forever!
    User avatar
    Sports Hernia
    NET Pro Bowler
     
    Posts: 11481
    Joined: Thu Apr 30, 2009 4:36 pm
    Location: Lombardi Land


Re: NBA returning to Seattle?
Wed Apr 10, 2013 8:40 am
  • You don't really want the NBA to cut the Blazers do you? I'm a Portland transplant and a Blazer fan. Most Blazer fans want to see the Sonics back. The team has good support, and a good owner.
    Zybot
    NET Practice Squad
     
    Posts: 77
    Joined: Sun Jul 31, 2011 1:28 pm


Re: NBA returning to Seattle?
Wed Apr 10, 2013 8:46 am
  • There's definitely other teams I'd rather see cut before the Blazers. It's good to have a local rivalry :D
    User avatar
    The Outfield
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 2235
    Joined: Wed Jan 16, 2013 12:11 am


Re: NBA returning to Seattle?
Wed Apr 10, 2013 10:49 am
  • Zybot wrote:You don't really want the NBA to cut the Blazers do you? I'm a Portland transplant and a Blazer fan. Most Blazer fans want to see the Sonics back. The team has good support, and a good owner.

    No, yeah. Like, hello? I think us Seattle folks know all about the Blazers' owner. ;)
    WILL PHILIP RIVERS TEST RICHARD SHERMAN'S SIDE OF THE FIELD?
    http://cover32.com/seahawks/2014/09/10/ ... the-field/
    Follow me on Twitter: @George_OGorman
    User avatar
    Lords of Scythia
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 1333
    Joined: Mon Sep 19, 2011 10:32 am


Re: NBA returning to Seattle?
Wed Apr 10, 2013 11:57 am
  • Zybot wrote:You don't really want the NBA to cut the Blazers do you? I'm a Portland transplant and a Blazer fan. Most Blazer fans want to see the Sonics back. The team has good support, and a good owner.


    I think he was just messing with the local blazer fans a bit, nobody would want to see the blazers go anywhere for real.

    The sonics/Blazers rivalry has always been more about a little fun trash talking and not about hate.

    I'm a fan of no team until the Sonics come back but I would much rather see the blazer's succeed than others. (even though the nba is dead to me until we get another team)
    The LOLs of the many outweigh the shame of the few
    User avatar
    Msfann
    *BRONZE SUPPORTER*
    *BRONZE SUPPORTER*
     
    Posts: 1346
    Joined: Mon Mar 05, 2007 3:37 am


Re: NBA returning to Seattle?
Wed Apr 10, 2013 12:29 pm
  • Looks like the Kings have in deed matched the H/B/N's bid.

    David Bienick ‏@kcrabienick 2m
    Sen. Steinberg: “…Sacramento has made not only a fully competitive offer, but an offer that matches dollar-for-dollar the Seattle offer.”
    Image
    User avatar
    Blitzer88
    * NET Eeyore *
     
    Posts: 11034
    Joined: Thu Apr 30, 2009 7:47 am
    Location: Pasco, WA


Re: NBA returning to Seattle?
Wed Apr 10, 2013 1:06 pm
  • Blitzer88 wrote:Looks like the Kings have in deed matched the H/B/N's bid.

    David Bienick ‏@kcrabienick 2m
    Sen. Steinberg: “…Sacramento has made not only a fully competitive offer, but an offer that matches dollar-for-dollar the Seattle offer.”


    Aside from the fact that I'm calling shenanigans (seriously, nobody else is reporting it), its a good thing that Hansen and Co. can increase their offer if needs be.

    @bcondotta Whether this is true or not, the big question is whether or not Chris Hansen can counter the counterbid. #Seattle #Sacramento

    @mrtommygman I've been told he can.
    ----------------------------
    "Plus I hate the seattle stadium the **** place is too loud, gave me a headache watchin the game." ~ Some 9er fan
    User avatar
    JOz56
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 746
    Joined: Fri May 01, 2009 11:52 am
    Location: Spokane WA


Re: NBA returning to Seattle?
Wed Apr 10, 2013 1:23 pm
  • And more...

    Kelly Johnson ‏@KellyJohnsonBiz 2m
    Steinberg did NOT say #Sacramento matched #Seattle’s bid for #Kings, only that Sac made a competitive bid, his spokesman says
    ----------------------------
    "Plus I hate the seattle stadium the **** place is too loud, gave me a headache watchin the game." ~ Some 9er fan
    User avatar
    JOz56
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 746
    Joined: Fri May 01, 2009 11:52 am
    Location: Spokane WA


Re: NBA returning to Seattle?
Wed Apr 10, 2013 1:33 pm
  • JOz56 wrote:And more...

    Kelly Johnson ‏@KellyJohnsonBiz 2m
    Steinberg did NOT say #Sacramento matched #Seattle’s bid for #Kings, only that Sac made a competitive bid, his spokesman says


    Heh. Yea.

    Just when we get a little worried, this pops out of the clown car that is the Sacramento Kings cheerleading investment group.
    World Champion Seattle Seahawks football. It's an addiction, and there is no cure.
    Les Norton - gone but never forgotten. Rest in blue and green peace, my friend.
    User avatar
    Seahawk Sailor
    * .NET Navy Bad Ass *
     
    Posts: 18612
    Joined: Sat Mar 03, 2007 9:23 am
    Location: The beautiful PNW


Re: NBA returning to Seattle?
Wed Apr 10, 2013 1:45 pm
  • Go to Chris Daniels twitter feed, it was all bull and the offers might not be close.

    That was cute though, I bet blitzer just about lost it.
    Image
    3elieve
    User avatar
    Throwdown
    * NET Baller *
     
    Posts: 19136
    Joined: Thu Apr 30, 2009 8:02 am
    Location: Graham, WA


Re: NBA returning to Seattle?
Wed Apr 10, 2013 1:52 pm
  • Throwdown wrote:Go to Chris Daniels twitter feed, it was all bull and the offers might not be close.

    That was cute though, I bet blitzer just about lost it.


    You have no idea..........I got into the fetal position and hid in my panic room............

    Also, what does this mean?:
    Chris Daniels‏@ChrisDaniels541m
    RT @dakasler: Online now - Source: Maloof family sets deadline for Sacramento investors http://sacb.ee/XDReJR

    I thought the Maloofs wanted to only deal with the Hansen/Ballmer group?
    Image
    User avatar
    Blitzer88
    * NET Eeyore *
     
    Posts: 11034
    Joined: Thu Apr 30, 2009 7:47 am
    Location: Pasco, WA


PreviousNext


It is currently Sun Sep 21, 2014 4:17 am

Please REGISTER to become a member

Return to [ THE SPORTS BAR ]




Information
  • Who is online
  • Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 3 guests