Winfield Visiting Seattle UPDATE:Who knows anything amirite?

Status
Not open for further replies.

scutterhawk

Reaction score
themunn":35mtcodb said:
And it's not like he had Browner splitting time - he played every snap.
And even when he was done with serving his suspension, PC put him right back in there to continue with his intimidating features, speaks volumes as to his value at CB, (coverage be damned)
Those that were foolish enough to retaliate against BB's thug-ery ways, were quickly schooled, and decided to skip his classes, rather than be humiliated again.
Smith got away with retaliation against Sherman (until he finally got flagged for it), I'd bet $$ that Smith would have only retaliated > ONCE < before Browner would have shown him what " contact" really means in the phrase, "contact sports". :16:

Pandion Haliaetus

Reaction score
Adding Winfield would be an A+ move, on our part. And I'm up with giving him a decent contract, too. At this point Winfield > Woodson.

Winfield will improve this team in 4 criteria.

1) Give this young secondary as someone said a Lawyer Milloy veteran presence. Trufant is good, but he's not legendary and has a more quiet demeanor.

Guys like Lane, Thurmond, Maxwell, and Snead all can learn from this guy.

2) Gives the Seahawks, a quality backup at either starting CB spot if one of our guys go down.

3) Gives the Seahawk, a player in speculation that could be a top notch nickel corner or....

4) Gives the Seahawks, a player in speculation can also convert to FS in place of Thomas allowing the Earl of Boom to kick down as an elite slot defender.

Winfield is deserving for whatever contract the Seahawks give him and I won't question it or disapprove.

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
He'd fit in well with the LOB no doubt. Still has some left in the tank, big hitter, leader in the locker room etc. Hopefully they'll sign him.

cacksman

Reaction score
After reading Vikings' forums about Winfield, I really hope we sign him now. He sounds like a very good player still.

I also noticed how much animosity a lot of their fans have against the Seahawks. You can tell they are still actually butthurt over the Harvin deal(whether they admit it or not).

godawg

Reaction score
Signing Winfield would continue the talent drain from Minnesota to Seattle. Great player. A little more revenge for Hutch's poison pill.

Bigpumpkin

Reaction score
We had excellant "team chemistry" last year. With the addition of each new player, a new "team" has to be formed. Pete needs to be careful on who he invites to camp......just sayin'

Seahawksfan425

Reaction score
I've wanted Winfield since he got released. I'm excited that the Seahawks are giving him a look.

[youtube]ojoU2zT4qSw[/youtube]

NYCoug

Reaction score
Honestly one of the best highlight video's I've seen in a while. The music makes it even more epic, but the play is just amazing. Just dominating like it's high school football all over again. I really hope he ends up a Hawk.

How funny would it be to see all these ex-Vikings win a ring with the Hawks this season? The ULTIMATE revenge for the Hutch "Poison Pill" fiasco. Karma.

Edit: Forgot my whole point of this post. The Bernie. We need this guy so that he can do The Bernie before every game. That's the only thing this team is missing. Oh, and a kicker, but The Bernie is definitely more important.

RichNhansom

Reaction score
Agree NYcoug, then in the off season they all could put in a conference call to AP to tell him about how to get a ring too.

OP
OP
GCrow

GCrow

Reaction score
NYCoug":2zfip4ui said:
Edit: Forgot my whole point of this post. The Bernie. We need this guy so that he can do The Bernie before every game. That's the only thing this team is missing. Oh, and a kicker, but The Bernie is definitely more important.

So much this. In the NFL forum where that video is also in a thread I said how that is the best part. Ty Lawson got's the move down pretty well to.

[youtube]PSrrkvDP4Bs[/youtube]

/back on topic

Uncle Si

Reaction score
when is the visit? anyone know?

Been living in MN for awhile, and outside of Harvin, Allen and Peterson, this is the only Viking I really like. And I know when he went out to Washington for a visit the local sports radio were tracking that more than when Jennings was visiting. they dont want to lose him.

Would be a great addition for a team trying to get to a Super Bowl.

Axx

Reaction score
The seattle + minnisota dream team is almost complete.

I like chad greenway, kyle rudolph, and their kicker . Can we get them too?

sutz

Reaction score
Uncle Si":1zuxemx3 said:
when is the visit? anyone know?

Been living in MN for awhile, and outside of Harvin, Allen and Peterson, this is the only Viking I really like. And I know when he went out to Washington for a visit the local sports radio were tracking that more than when Jennings was visiting. they dont want to lose him.

Would be a great addition for a team trying to get to a Super Bowl.
IIRC somebody said it was this Wednesday.

nwgamer

Reaction score
godawg":181bkdq5 said:
Signing Winfield would continue the talent drain from Minnesota to Seattle. Great player. A little more revenge for Hutch's poison pill.

Was thinking the same thing.

mikeak

Reaction score
I really like Winfield and I think he deserves to get paid decently but that is part of the problem. I don't for one second think that JS and PC think the time is "now" as expressed in this thread. They are building for long term success while making moves that they think can make them win now but not hurt the team to badly over the years.

Yes Sherman and RW will need to get paid but you can minimize the hits of those contracts by having some cap room coming in, lots of signing bonus spread over the years and then take the bigger hit when the cap starts increasing more again (tied to the next tv contract). So we are coming in under the cap in good shape and setup for the future.

The more we sign players to large contracts the more we "mess" with long term success. So the question which I believe JS and PC will answer much better than us is what is the value of the player vs the cost and our ability to keep being succesful. One key injury and a season can go down the tube so you can't sell out hoping that everything aligns the right way.

I see Winfield playing with the Seahawks if he takes less money than he is worth for the chance to win it all. If he wants to maximize / near maximize a deal he won't be playing for us.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts