Huge props to U. Nebraska, this is AWESOME

JSeahawks

Reaction score
I'm not usually the sentimental type, but not gonna lie, watching this made me a bit teary:

[youtube]_Jmisv1Spck[/youtube]

OP
OP
JSeahawks

JSeahawks

Reaction score
Not sure why the QB re-directed him. Looked to me like Jack read the cut back perfectly and then Martinez redirected him back to the flow of the defense. Luckily his speed carried him past the pursuit. He also broke the same number of tackles as Kenjon Barner in his college career.

TeamoftheCentury

Reaction score
Saw this earlier as well. Glad to see a report of good things like this going on. Hope the kid beats that brain cancer.

kearly

Reaction score
I had two thoughts watching this video. The first was if I would laugh had he gotten creamed (I have a dark sense of humor). The second being if he would do a leaping nutgrab over the goal line.

Apparently I'm not the sentimental type. They say having kids changes you. I hope to be so changed down the road, but for now my inner self is still an ADD-riddled 15 year old.

I hope he lives a full life, or at least gets the absolute maximum out of what he's got left. Tomorrow isn't guaranteed for any of us. We should strive to maximize what we've got, too.

TeamoftheCentury

Reaction score
Per Kearly's comments:
It's true that tomorrow isn't a guarantee for any of us. I've lost a child and it still hurts. I have known many people who have endured the death of a child and that changes one's life. It's not that children's lives are more valuable than that of adults. Certain death... is a certainty for all of us. I don't think the clip meant to indicate that kids are more valuable, but I can see that being an assumption and not faulting Kearly there. Still, that kid probably can forget what he's dealing with for those moments a lot easier than an adult could. So, I think the clip says something about what is good and right about caring about others... regardless of age. It's great to see the hearts and compassion of the players who are willing to do something to give that kid a moment. I actually grew up in and out of a hospital myself. Never had anything like that... in fact, I was sometimes even ridiculed for something I couldn't control. So, I'd much rather see humans behaving like this rather than the other way around towards fellow man. But, I digress. I'm sure the deed was also for the parents and family as much as it was for the kid. Others care about him and it's a good thing for a coaching staff and university to exhibit kindness above the call of duty in considering others. That's impressive. There's other meaning that could be unpacked in regards to "triumph" exhibited in that clip. But, I've probably said enough.

scutterhawk

Reaction score
JSeahawks":2thh06er said:
I'm not usually the sentimental type, but not gonna lie, watching this made me a bit teary:

[youtube]_Jmisv1Spck[/youtube]

Spec-freakin-tacular!

sutz

Reaction score
Loved how the players from both teams actually "pursued" and "blocked" for the kid.

Definitely a :th2thumbs: moment.

Meedsy

Reaction score
I don't cry for virtually anything, never really have. I have 2 kids now, a 2 year old and an 8 month old and it does change you. I saw my little boy in that clip. This clip had me in tears. It was a moment where all he had to fight for was the goal line and he could forget the crap that he has to bravely deal with every other day of his life. Hate to see a little guy like that with so much to live for fighting for his life.

Kudos to both teams for doing something so incredible.