Anquan Boldin - not happy?

BBHawks

Reaction score
SouthSoundHawk":2i1gnzo9 said:
Boldin is old, and had 4 touchdowns last season...that's not going to help :pukeface:SF compete against Seattle, or the Rams for that matter.

Shits weak.

Enough said.

Anquan Boldin led all NFL receivers in touchdowns and yardage during these last playoffs. He's already talking about how excited he is to get to work with Kaepernick and develop their chemistry. The guy is nails. He competes like a madman for every reception. Some of you must have seen how he completely owned the Niner secondary in the Super Bowl. This thread is homer B.S. and it makes me nervous. I just always feel like when Seahawks fans start this crap, they're just asking for a letdown.

Teqneek

Reaction score
So Boldin finally has a good playoffs and now hes a world beater? That's the hilarious assessment I keep seeing from scared Seahawks fans or 49er homers.

Other than last year, please show me a time Boldin has ever posted number 1.. let alone barely number 2 WR numbers. Him getting old then also does not help scare me in the least. Did you see the secondaries he was playing against? Lets be a little more real here if we can.

NorCal

Reaction score
Teqneek":26ygager said:
So Boldin finally has a good playoffs and now hes a world beater? That's the hilarious assessment I keep seeing from scared Seahawks fans or 49er homers.

Other than last year, please show me a time Boldin has ever posted number 1.. let alone barely number 2 WR numbers. Him getting old then also does not help scare me in the least. Did you see the secondaries he was playing against? Lets be a little more real here if we can.

But he doesn't need to be a "number 1" or 2. I just look forward to him being a threat in the redzone and maybe getting V Davis open a bit more. Its just adding to the WR core, not scoring a world beater

Scottemojo

Reaction score
Teqneek":3kk10pak said:

For real?
His ROOKIE season. 101 catches, 1377 yards, 8 scores. He was good from day one. Was also the fastest receiver ever to 300 catches.

kag0331

Reaction score
loafoftatupu":dmr0n27b said:
scutterhawk":dmr0n27b said:
So what you're saying, is that Pete should have stayed put and taken punishment for the wrong doings by OTHER unscrouples guys in that organization, when he didn't have anything to do with the transgression, nor did he authorize, instigate, or even suggest those transgressions take place?
Sorry, BUT, to axe EVERYONE across the board, innocent or not just to satisfy your suspicions?, get real dude.

You have to remember who you are dealing with. They can't admit that Carroll did a great job of building an NFL team in a very short time, so they make up scenarios to explain the recent Seahawks up-tick. If they say it enough, then it will be fact right?

UUUMMM... You must not pay much attention to NCAA football thats what they do wrong or right punish the head coach, they think it sets the example...

djb28

Reaction score
Come on San Fran. Your coach is a douche. The whole NFL world sees it but not their fans?

Shinigami

Reaction score
Well it took Pete Carrol his sixth season as a Head Coach to even win a playoff game and he only got to 11 wins because of a botched call at the end of the Packers game. Harbaugh takes his team to the NFC championship game two years in a row and to a Super Bowl, and this is after the horribly laughable Mike Singletary was putting that team into the ground.

I think the NFL and most people in the league respect Harbaugh, and Carrol a lot of more for the the caliber of team he's assembled. Pete's a better coach now than he was in 2000 with the Patriots. Harbaugh knows how to acquire talent that doesn't seem any good or mediocre like Carlos Rodgers, Alex Smith, and turn them into solid pro bowl worthy players.

Both are probably seen as jerks but they both have earned the respect they have now even if you don't like the colors they were on Sundays.

themunn

Reaction score
Shinigami":25j03sy5 said:
Well it took Pete Carrol his sixth season as a Head Coach to even win a playoff game and he only got to 11 wins because of a botched call at the end of the Packers game. Harbaugh takes his team to the NFC championship game two years in a row and to a Super Bowl, and this is after the horribly laughable Mike Singletary was putting that team into the ground.

You mean his second season right?
His Patriots beat the Dolphins in his second season as a coach.
And then he beat the Saints in his 5th season.

And yeah Harbaugh is a decent coach, but he took over a decent team (proven by the fact that half of the starters on that team were drafted before he took over).
The only players on the Seahawks team that were here in 2009 are Trufant, Bryant, Mebane & Unger.
Out of 66 players on the roster only 4 remain after 3 seasons. That shows the difference in what Carroll and Harbaugh had taking over - Singletary was running the team into the ground and Harbaugh put them where they belong - Carroll took over a team that simply lacked ability.

CamanoIslandJQ

Reaction score
Regarding the Percy Harvin # of average TD's discussed earlier in this thread. Harvin esentially was the Seahawks 1-st round pick this year (no WR's available anywhere near pick #25 that would have been better). I would ask the Fortywhiners on this thread.....Didn't SF draft a WR in round one last year? How many TD's did that player score last year?

Not to mention that SF's #1 pick, looking back at the season, was absolutely the biggest REACH in the draft last year. Sure looks like SF needs to hire some scouts that know what the hell they're doing if they hope that even one or two of their 14 draft picks turn out to be actual players worth keeping.

Shinigami

Reaction score
themunn":2fblrk4i said:
Shinigami":2fblrk4i said:

And yeah Harbaugh is a decent coach, but he took over a decent team (proven by the fact that half of the starters on that team were drafted before he took over).
The only players on the Seahawks team that were here in 2009 are Trufant, Bryant, Mebane & Unger.
Out of 66 players on the roster only 4 remain after 3 seasons. That shows the difference in what Carroll and Harbaugh had taking over - Singletary was running the team into the ground and Harbaugh put them where they belong - Carroll took over a team that simply lacked ability.

oh yes my apologies I forgot lol.

Scottemojo

Reaction score
Shinigami":1ac2v9z9 said:
themunn":1ac2v9z9 said:
Shinigami":1ac2v9z9 said:

oh yes my apologies I forgot lol.

Well, you were a little too busy hating to check facts.

Marvin49

Reaction score
CamanoIslandJQ":6zfgvhc2 said:
Regarding the Percy Harvin # of average TD's discussed earlier in this thread. Harvin esentially was the Seahawks 1-st round pick this year (no WR's available anywhere near pick #25 that would have been better). I would ask the Fortywhiners on this thread.....Didn't SF draft a WR in round one last year? How many TD's did that player score last year?

Not to mention that SF's #1 pick, looking back at the season, was absolutely the biggest REACH in the draft last year. Sure looks like SF needs to hire some scouts that know what the hell they're doing if they hope that even one or two of their 14 draft picks turn out to be actual players worth keeping.

OK...I usually just lurk here a bit and get a chuckle, but this one made me literally laugh out loud.

Of all the criticisms I have of the Seahawks, I am still able to give credit where its due. They have done a very good job in the draft and Wilson looks like a very good young QB.

...but that last comment about the Niners ability to draft is simply comical.

Since Baalke took over the draft...

Anthony Davis: Pro Bowl Alternate
Mike Iupati: All-Pro and possibly the best OG in the NFL
Navorro Bowman: 2 time All-Pro
Aldon Smith: All-Pro, Set NFL record for sacks in first 2 seasons previously held by Reggie White.
Colin Kaepernick: One of the best young QBs in the NFL.
Chris Culliver: Super Bowl performance notwithstanding, a very good nickel corner.
Kendall Hunter: Currently backup RB who might be the heir appearant to Frank Gore.
Bruce Miller: Pro Bowl Alternate at FB in 2011
LaMichael James: Very good young RB who played very well down the stretch when Hunter got hurt and in the playoffs.

....and this doesn't even include players like Kyle WIlliams or Anthony Dixon who have been good special teamers (outside of the fumble in the NFCCG for Williams) or players like Daniel Kilgore who are simply waiting for their shot. Kilgore will eventually replace Jonathan Goodwin at Center.

Most of the Niners 2012 Draft class was effectively redshirted. AJ Jenkins did dissappoint as a rookie, but James played very well. Joe Looney was hurt when he was drafted so was never going to play. The Niners traded a number of their picks for picks THIS year and is a reason they at one point had 15 picks. Both of the OLBs they selected (Flemming and Johnson) were injured and will be back this year.

So...essentially...all this crap about SF not being able to draft revolves around ONE player...AJ Jenkins. He was not nearly the "reach" people suggest. He was projected by most to go at the top of round 2 and went at the bottom of round 1. He's training in Atlanta with Kaep right now so we'll see how he does in year 2.

Using Jenkins tho as if he is somehow indicative of the 49ers drafting ability when you compare it to the list above is simply ludicrous and homerism of the worst kind.

As for the initial point about Harvin essentially being the Seahawks first pick...

1st round picks don't typically require another 3 the following year plus 65+ million $$$$.

Shinigami

Reaction score
Well, you were a little too busy hating to check facts.

Sure, man as if Carroll was some great head coach back in the 90s. I made a slip up, so what? It's a fact Carroll was a mediocre coach his tenure with the Patriots is evidence of that. That team was in a decline every year he was there, and two years after his tenure the Patriots win a Super Bowl. His tenure here is a lot better since he took over a bad team and now has a legitimate Super Bowl contender on his hands.

Scottemojo

Reaction score
Marvin49":1ct59q1d said:
And did the selecting in a draft in which Scott McCloughan had done the work for 11 months? Giving Baalke all credit for his first draft is unfair. Iupati and Davis were both linked to San Fran before Baalke took over. This does not impugn Baalke as a talent evaluator, but lets be accurate. In fact, Scott had possibly the biggest role of anyone in assembling the current Niner talent.

....and this doesn't even include players like Kyle WIlliams or Anthony Dixon who have been good special teamers (outside of the fumble in the NFCCG for Williams) or players like Daniel Kilgore who are simply waiting for their shot. Kilgore will eventually replace Jonathan Goodwin at Center.

Most of the Niners 2012 Draft class was effectively redshirted. AJ Jenkins did dissappoint as a rookie, but James played very well. Joe Looney was hurt when he was drafted so was never going to play. The Niners traded a number of their picks for picks THIS year and is a reason they at one point had 15 picks. Both of the OLBs they selected (Flemming and Johnson) were injured and will be back this year.
Both teams, ours and yours, were considered by almost all to have reached in the first round, and the reports that followed AJ in the following months were terrible. San Fran in no way wanted to redshirt Jenkins, in fact you were desperate for good receivers last year. Evaluating any pick from San Fran in his rookie year is going to be difficult, once again, your HC is not inclined to trust or empower rookies, ours is. I am not saying either is right, in fact your SB loss could be hung on LMJ's fumble, and our loss to the Falcons could come down to a 7th round rookie guard, Sweezy.

So...essentially...all this crap about SF not being able to draft revolves around ONE player...AJ Jenkins. He was not nearly the "reach" people suggest. He was projected by most to go at the top of round 2 and went at the bottom of round 1. He's training in Atlanta with Kaep right now so we'll see how he does in year 2.
No logical voice says San Fran can't draft. The facts, however, are simple. Willis, Davis, Gore, Staley, Iupati, Davis, Crabtree, and many more were not talent that can be fully laid at the feet of Baalke. Tell me who on the Seattle squad you can say that about, it is a short list.

Using Jenkins tho as if he is somehow indicative of the 49ers drafting ability when you compare it to the list above is simply ludicrous and homerism of the worst kind.

As for the initial point about Harvin essentially being the Seahawks first pick...

1st round picks don't typically require another 3 the following year plus 65+ million $$$$.
[quote]First round picks aren't normally selected more than a month before the draft either. Any other exceptions to the norm you want to point out? Lets keep in mind that it was the Niners Seattle outbid for Harvin, meaning in all probability, your team was willing to both pay him and trade at least this year's first and a decent pick next year for the same guy. Seattle was willing to pay a bit more.[/quote]

Scottemojo

Reaction score
QuickLightning":2sp3f4f0 said:
Or the Niners bid against Seattle to raise the price. Teams do that all the time.

There is what you know, and there is what you invent. Fact: Both teams bid on Harvin, Seattle elected to go higher than the Niners. Anything else is speculation on your part.

rlkats

Reaction score
Who gives a rats ass. None of us are in the front office did the niners want Harvin? im sure they did but guess what they did not get him oh well

rideaducati

Reaction score
Marvin49":205disb7 said:
CamanoIslandJQ":205disb7 said:

OK...I usually just lurk here a bit and get a chuckle, but this one made me literally laugh out loud.

Of all the criticisms I have of the Seahawks, I am still able to give credit where its due. They have done a very good job in the draft and Wilson looks like a very good young QB.

Aldon Smith: All-Pro, Set NFL record for sacks in first 2 seasons previously held by Reggie White.
Chris Culliver: Super Bowl performance notwithstanding, a very good nickel corner.
Kendall Hunter: Currently backup RB who might be the heir appearant to Frank Gore.
LaMichael James: Very good young RB who played very well down the stretch when Hunter got hurt and in the playoffs.

The niners have TWO starters from Baalke drafts that didn't include McLoughlin's draft board. Having only ONE player drafted last year on the field at any point last season leaves their drafting abilities still unknown. Without McLoughlin's input, their drafts have not been very good so far.

Marvin49

Reaction score
rideaducati":17rs5mfx said:
Marvin49":17rs5mfx said:
CamanoIslandJQ":17rs5mfx said:

The niners have TWO starters from Baalke drafts that didn't include McLoughlin's draft board. Having only ONE player drafted last year on the field at any point last season leaves their drafting abilities still unknown. Without McLoughlin's input, their drafts have not been very good so far.

Actually its 3 (Kaep, Aldon, and Miller). Baalke also signed Whitner, Rogers, and Goodwin.

I actually like Scotty...so I'm not gonna slam him. It was his drinking that got him fired, not his talent evaluation. He was a good GM and put alot of talent on this roster...but you have some revisionist history going there. Baalke was on all those staffs as well. He didn't just use Scots draft board...he helped put it together to begin with. He also still pulled the trigger on those picks. putting that all in Scots hands is idiocy.

Your assertion that their "drafts have not been very good so far" is ludicrous. You don't even have to look at last year...just look at 2011. Aldon Smith. Colin Kaepernick. Chris Culliver. Kendall Hunter. Daniel Kilgore. Bruce Miller.

If you DO want to look at last year, then you have to see how AJ Jenkins, Joe Looney, Darius Fleming and a few of the picks they traded for picks THIS year turn out.

Marvin49

Reaction score
Scottemojo":1g0vb6zo said:
Marvin49":1g0vb6zo said:
And did the selecting in a draft in which Scott McCloughan had done the work for 11 months? Giving Baalke all credit for his first draft is unfair. Iupati and Davis were both linked to San Fran before Baalke took over. This does not impugn Baalke as a talent evaluator, but lets be accurate. In fact, Scott had possibly the biggest role of anyone in assembling the current Niner talent.

Both teams, ours and yours, were considered by almost all to have reached in the first round, and the reports that followed AJ in the following months were terrible. San Fran in no way wanted to redshirt Jenkins, in fact you were desperate for good receivers last year. Evaluating any pick from San Fran in his rookie year is going to be difficult, once again, your HC is not inclined to trust or empower rookies, ours is. I am not saying either is right, in fact your SB loss could be hung on LMJ's fumble, and our loss to the Falcons could come down to a 7th round rookie guard, Sweezy.

No logical voice says San Fran can't draft. The facts, however, are simple. Willis, Davis, Gore, Staley, Iupati, Davis, Crabtree, and many more were not talent that can be fully laid at the feet of Baalke. Tell me who on the Seattle squad you can say that about, it is a short list.

[quote]First round picks aren't normally selected more than a month before the draft either. Any other exceptions to the norm you want to point out? Lets keep in mind that it was the Niners Seattle outbid for Harvin, meaning in all probability, your team was willing to both pay him and trade at least this year's first and a decent pick next year for the same guy. Seattle was willing to pay a bit more.
[/quote]

Actually I think it's completely fair to give Baalke credit. Its not like he appeared out of nowhere. He was a big part of putting that draft board together to begin with. He was also the man who pulled the trigger on those drafts. Then he followed that up with a stupendous 2011 draft. I'm not gonna say Scot had nothing to do with the success of this team. Of course he did. I liked him as a GM. Its just too bad he drank like a fish.

I wasn't trying to imply that they intended to redshirt Jenkins. I was saying that that's what happened. It probably would have happned to LMJ as well if Hunter hadn't been hurt. It was tho intended with Joe Looney and ended up being the case with Darius Fleming because he got hurt.

The Niners didn't have many roster spots. They were willing to take an injured player. They were also willing to move picks to THIS year (which is why they have so many).

As for the "your coach won't play rookies" assertion....FALSE. He will play the rookies if they are the best at the position. Aldon Smith had 14 sacks as a rookie. Bruce Miller played DE in college yet STARTED at FB last year as a rookie. Rookies not playing has been a function of who else was on the roster, not an unwillingness to play rookies. I can almost guarantee that the Niners will probably start a rookie at FS this year.

As for Harvin, there is exactly ZERO evidense of this. I don't think the Niners were EVER going to pay Harvin like that and would not have given up that many picks. The 49ers have been attached to almost EVERY team that is trading a player. That hasn't come from SF. That has come from the fact that they have alot of picks and reporters try to connect the dots. They were also attached to Revis....do you see that deal getting done? No. The 49ers are trying to extend their OWN players. It isn't their MO to give up premium picks and huge $$$ for players not already on the roster. Not gonna happen.

The point I was making about Harvin as a 1st round pick was that one of the big benefits for really talented teams is that those first round picks will now be bound to teams for 5 years under very small contracts. To most of the league...big deal. To teams like the 49ers and Seahawks...that IS a big deal. Both of these teams are going to have serious trouble keeping all of their talent. One of the bad parts about drafting so well is that you end up not being able to keep them all. You need an infusion of cheap talent to keep yourself up and running. Spending 65 mil for a WR AND a 1, a 7, and a 3 next year...bad business IMO.

The 49ers are already feeling the pinch. Thats why they lost Goldson. That's why they resigned Bowman 2 years early. Thats why they signed Anthony Davis 2 years early. They know that the prices will be much bigger 2 years from now so they are trying to lock in TODAYS prices. It won't be long before the 'hawks start feeling this pinch as well. I'm never a fan of trading away a 1st round pick. You have a possibility there of a VERY good player bound to you for a cheap price.

Finally...you said that no rational person would say that the Niners can't draft. If that's the case, then you have alot of irrational posters on this site. ;-)