NaVorro Bowman on Seahawks: You have to earn hype

Shinigami

Reaction score
RichNhansom":1c2dfzg1 said:
noflyzone":1c2dfzg1 said:
Plus they made it to.the superbowl, we didnt. Go hawks.

They beat us by half a game. That is a bounce of a ball. We demoralized them 42-13, That IMO is a much better example of the two teams. It is actual head to head.

If we don't break Skelton or Mike Carey doesn't call a bogus roughing the passer on Thomas or a ton of other scenario's, we are the #2 seed and they are traveling to DC to break their best DE, Kicker and spraining Gores ankle before the division round. How do you think they would have fared coming to Seattle with those injuries? Do you think they could have gotten by Atlanta if Gore had a sprained ankle? What if they had to play at 10:00am?

Stop being so filled hate damn man. What if that botched Hail Mairy call went in favor of the Packers? The Seahawks would be 10-6 instead of 11-5 and what if David Akers doesn't miss the field goals against the Rams? The 49ers go 13-3 again probably, plus the 10 am thing how do you think the 49ers felt after playing the Patriots across the country and then having to travel the QUEST FIELD! What team can handle doing that?

Everything fell into place when he demolished the 49ers, Justin Smith was hurt the 49ers were reeling from a near meltdown against the Patriots and they even struggled against the Cards towards the end of the year. They didn't recover until they had a bye week and even then had trouble against the Packers at the start the Falcons, and the Ravens finally did them in.

A whole bunch of things could have happened. You're using that one great game we had against them as proof we were better?

If you examine closely the Seahawks and 49ers performances in the playoffs were similar, they both started slow until they got things going towards the end. We couldn't finish the Falcons where the 49ers did.

HawksSoc

Reaction score
Shinigami":15s66cb8 said:
RichNhansom":15s66cb8 said:
noflyzone":15s66cb8 said:
Plus they made it to.the superbowl, we didnt. Go hawks.

They beat us by half a game. That is a bounce of a ball. We demoralized them 42-13, That IMO is a much better example of the two teams. It is actual head to head.

If we don't break Skelton or Mike Carey doesn't call a bogus roughing the passer on Thomas or a ton of other scenario's, we are the #2 seed and they are traveling to DC to break their best DE, Kicker and spraining Gores ankle before the division round. How do you think they would have fared coming to Seattle with those injuries? Do you think they could have gotten by Atlanta if Gore had a sprained ankle? What if they had to play at 10:00am?

Stop being so filled hate damn man. What if that botched Hail Mairy call went in favor of the Packers? The Seahawks would be 10-6 instead of 11-5 and what if David Akers doesn't miss the field goals against the Rams? The 49ers go 13-3 again probably, plus the 10 am thing how do you think the 49ers felt after playing the Patriots across the country and then having to travel the QUEST FIELD! What team can handle doing that?

Everything fell into place when he demolished the 49ers, Justin Smith was hurt the 49ers were reeling from a near meltdown against the Patriots and they even struggled against the Cards towards the end of the year. They didn't recover until they had a bye week and even then had trouble against the Packers at the start the Falcons, and the Ravens finally did them in.

A whole bunch of things could have happened. You're using that one great game we had against them as proof we were better?

If you examine closely the Seahawks and 49ers performances in the playoffs were similar, they both started slow until they got things going towards the end. We couldn't finish the Falcons where the 49ers did.

Agreed. This article is essentially a great player giving our team some praise and he got screwed by whomever titled that piece.

themunn

Reaction score
Shinigami":dqaysslt said:

Yeah , a whole bunch of things COULD have happened, but didn't. That's what happens in football.
What if Pete gets that timeout called before the Rams snap the ball for the fake FG
What if Doug Baldwin holds on to the ball in the endzone instead of getting blasted in Arizona
What if we stop Detroit on 3rd and 10 with 40 seconds left instead of giving away an 11 yard pass?
What if Robert Turbin holds on to what would have been a sure TD in the first quarter at SF?
What if the refs don't call that absolutely ludicrous pass interference on ET in Miami and we get to keep the interception instead of giving away a 15 yard penalty on a crucial 3rd down?

With five "what ifs" we could have been 16-0 but football is a game of what ifs.

With just ONE "what if" we could have been superbowl champions - what if Pete Carroll hadn't "iced" the Falcons kicker in the final seconds of the Atlanta game. We'd have been in the NFC Championship game against a team we throttled just 4 weeks previously

RichNhansom

Reaction score
The what ifs are fun but my point is finishing a half game ahead is much less proof than the most recent head to head match up. If that one isn't enough to sway you then consider we were playing their home game on a Thursday night the week after an enormously emotional win over NE. They had a huge advantage in that game and barely escaped with a W.

Throwdown

Reaction score
Shinigami":3rq0g9lj said:
Stop being so filled hate damn man. What if that botched Hail Mairy call went in favor of the Packers?

Wasn't botched, bro.

loafoftatupu

Reaction score
Sports Hernia":1ccydjiv said:
The curb stopping in December should have more than earned it!

Exactly, not because it was just a curb stomping, but it was a curb stomping that was surrounded by multiple wins on both sides of it and at a time when it was important.

Bowman respects the Hawks, I am quite sure of that. Great player too.

rlkats

Reaction score
Man some people are pathetic. In no way he was disrespecting you guys. He was giving credit where credit is due. What do some people want the niners to do? Kneel down and praise the Hawks saying there is no way the Niners can beat em. Well it wont happen. Both teams are extremely talented and yes the hawks are young. But lets be honest NONE of the NFC WEST were exactle great until the last year or so. The worst part of most comments are how the reporters twist and turn an article to work up the fans. And to the people that keep throwing in 42-13 in EVERY DAMN sentence here is your cookie. Do you think that the Actual players forgot that ass wipping? Do you think that the niners felt they were better that day (they dont)? The hawks are young talented and good. The Niners and the league knows it. So unless you niave and blind the hawks gets tons of credit. Ok sorry rant over

BioDawg03

Reaction score
It's this attitude that Regular Season accomplishments mean so much that really bothers me about the Seattle Fanbase for all sports.

People constantly rave about the 116 win Mariners... how did that World Series go? The 1994 SuperSonics were the #1 seed in the playoffs and had the best regular season record...did that matter one bit to the Nuggets?

Who cares what the Hawks beat SF by in during the Regular Season.... last time I checked they still won the Division and were a completed pass away from a Super Bowl Title. You don't win World Titles in Week 15, 16 or 17... you win them in late January/early February.... that's all that matters!

grizbob

Reaction score
How about everyone getting off their high horse and backing away :roll:

Largent80

Reaction score
Didn't they earn everything last season?

Why shouldn't we expect to see a similar or even better season with the additions so far, and this is even before the draft.

TheLargentLine

Reaction score
BioDawg03":578fb521 said:
It's this attitude that Regular Season accomplishments mean so much that really bothers me about the Seattle Fanbase for all sports.

People constantly rave about the 116 win Mariners... how did that World Series go? The 1994 SuperSonics were the #1 seed in the playoffs and had the best regular season record...did that matter one bit to the Nuggets?

Who cares what the Hawks beat SF by in during the Regular Season.... last time I checked they still won the Division and were a completed pass away from a Super Bowl Title. You don't win World Titles in Week 15, 16 or 17... you win them in late January/early February.... that's all that matters!

In the NFL the most recent division games absolutely do matter and I would say more so than baseball or basketball because of the shorter season. Even Bowman recognized the 42 - 13 defeat. It is also why first half numbers are compared to second half numbers a lot.

In other words, I don't really like your argument at all. But mostly I don't like it because it is a bit disrespectful towards our fans. Yeah, we talk about '95 and we talk about the 116 game season, so what? Despite the M's dreadful years, the memories of the 1995 season are very special to me so some person telling me it's not okay to talk about doesn't mean a damn thing to me.

I understand what you're saying. I am dying for a SB and WS, really I am. I just think you could have said it in a way that didn't disrespect an entire fan base

gargantual

Reaction score
Throwdown":3j7dnf94 said:
Shinigami":3j7dnf94 said:
Stop being so filled hate damn man. What if that botched Hail Mairy call went in favor of the Packers?

Wasn't botched, bro.
Exaaaaaactly. Why can't people understand the concept of a simultaneous reception? It only has to be 1% of the catch is Tate's and he gets the catch as the offensive player in that equation. He doesn't have to have at least 51% or anything like that.

And that isn't even getting into all the other flags that were questionable for BOTH teams in that game. Ahh, but I guess none of that matters. Only the VERY last play of the game. Yeah, sure, gotcha......

Largent80

Reaction score
BioDawg03":11ubvfl6 said:

Who cares that we absolutely demolished the 9ers during the season? I DO I had a blast watching us kill that team in front of the nation.

Oh, and this years SB?....How did THAT turn out?

And you are a perfect example of why there is a hate thread against your ilk.

Subzero717

Reaction score
BioDawg03":1mmy4bib said:

So if regular season doesn't matter and only championship do why bother sayong you were only a completed pass away from winning. You didn't complete the pass. You lost. You didn't win the Super Bowl so it doesn't matter

rlkats

Reaction score
And my Niners fell short just like 31 other teams in the NFL. Largent you say your happy the hawks destroyed the Niners good im glad you should be happy they won and big. Im just as happy to watch my niners in the superbowl even that they lost. But I guess you had your superbowl remember 42-13. So your comment is basically pointless sorry. And BigDawg I completely disagree with your argument. Every fan should be grateful of what their team does good or bad. I watched my Niners and the rest of the NFCW SUCK for years and now they are great its a blast to watch.

Largent80

Reaction score
You may feel my point is useless, however it is useless to YOU and not ME.

I also enjoyed watching the 9ers get spanked in the SB. And the only reason it was made close was by a power outage, which makes the whole game pointless, along with your comment about your team losing the SB.

My team was there, and lost, and it still does not feel good, so your point is useless and also untrue, and you are on a SEAHAWK message board

Coug_Hawk08

Reaction score
Kind of a back-handed compliment (at best), but can't expect much more than that from a heated rival. What does Sherman have to say about this?

Freddy P Soft

Reaction score
Shinigami":2bbyuz23 said:
He actually praised the Seahawks he sounds like a reasonable guy and most of what he said makes sense. Chill out people and take a compliment from a heated rival.

This!

chris98251

Reaction score
Were just beginning to get on the national media bandwagon, hyped or not we can't live in the medias twits, blogs, or articals and interviews. It has to be on the field. I think thats whats being touted from what is being stated. Can we deal with the circus involved and maintain our edge.

Eagles hyped into outter space with the Dream Team and we seen how that played out, Cowboys have teams that should have been better but I think many were busy reading headlines and not playing on the field either. I think the whole NFC West is a little chippy because we all have been labeled as the NFC Worst for so long and that even as playoff contenders, we got their because of a weak division has kinda laid the foundation for all the teams to punch back in some form.

I'll take it as a statement and not an insult of slight.