Mock with reaches/ picks that might surprise you

Attyla the Hawk

Reaction score
NYCoug":28thglr3 said:
I actually started doing some research on Michael Williams because of this thread. Thanks. He's going to be an elite blocker for a tight end. Often times he looks like HE'S the Left Tackle. He's seriously that good. He just kills it against Notre Dame.

[youtube]NKfJcwixUqo[/youtube]

He wouldn't be the joker tight end that everyone thinks Seattle's going to go after but maybe Seattle does something unique like this instead? I really like Miller and McCoy as a duo and Cameron Moorah is still on the roster, and he has some experience playing out wide for the Hawks.

Who knows, maybe Tom Cable envisions him beefing up and being an excellent right prospect? Ya never know with these guys.

I liked him early too. Honestly, he's going to be there in the 7th round.

One you might look at is Justice Cunningham (S. Carolina). He's an accomplished blocker too, much more agile and flexible than Michael. He shows this repeatedly in his ability to secure seal blocks on the edge, and when he lines up/motions to a FB position and is used as a lead blocker in the "I".

His receiving skills are much superior to Wiliams' however. He's a guy that probably lasts to the 6th round. If we're looking at Michael Williams, I'd have to think he'd be the backup/contingency if Cunningham isn't available.

Highlight clip (shows ability to catch)

[youtube]GMFTgyiqA6Q[/youtube]

Game clip (shows standard blocking/good and bad plays)

[youtube]FDCV12XwmIU[/youtube]

OP
OP
TeamoftheCentury

TeamoftheCentury

Reaction score
Attyla the Hawk: I liked him early too. Honestly, he's going to be there in the 7th round.

Well, no offense Attyla... but, I've just got to chuckle again like Billy Crystal (from my previous post on this) http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xI4azc1Ompc

I actually appreciate you pointing out Justice Cunningham and will take a look. You've got my interest there. But, going to just ONE of many online projection boards (this one has round projections)... the so-called "experts" don't agree with you (or me, for that matter - though, I think if you click on Michael Williams, you see the comment I shared by Dave Richard about Williams possibly being taken as high as the 3rd round when a team gets enamored by him for the said reasons NY Coug also found in his research of the player.) http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/draft/pros ... gs/2013/TE

We're all just guessing and this isn't some competition for who is right. I really don't care. I would love for the Hawks to take whomever they please, whenever they please and prove as many of us as wrong as can be... and hopefully culminating in a Super Bowl victory. But, all we can do from our position is guess. I'm not so emphatic about round value as some of you seem to be. I've watched the draft for nearly 40 years and have seen all sorts of risers, fallers, wrong projections, etc. So, I'm sorry but I just don't buy that Williams may not go higher. If I had to guess and bet - yah, I can see your point. But, at the same time... it only takes ONE Team. Remember that.

NYCoug

Reaction score
The name Justice Cunningham alone should have him in consideration to be a Hawk.

The play solidifies it. Dude is scary lookin and plays with a mean streak. Love it. Great suggestion, thanks for educatin. I'd take him over Williams no doubt.

Axx

Reaction score
if we dont draft the honey badger i believe the 49ers will instead.

OP
OP
TeamoftheCentury

TeamoftheCentury

Reaction score
Ok, I looked at the Justice Cunningham clips and agree he could be another possibility.

I really like what Anthony McCoy brings to this team. I think he is going to get better and better and brings a bit of swagger to that position. He made some big plays. Cameron Morrah hasn't been healthy, I guess. If so, I would wonder what he could bring. McGrath showed something in preseason. You know, there's another 2 TE's on the roster. Everyone would be ecstatic if Fells turns out to be the find. There's also... Cooper Helfet. I remember looking at his highlights last year and being impressed. Isn't he more of the joker type TE? Seemed very athletic at Duke and I'm wondering why they keep bringing him back. Must be something there.

So, unless there's a special player available... are the Hawks really going to draft another TE? Before the PH trade, I was sort of warming up to the idea of maybe a Zach Ertz bringing something to the offense. Now that they traded for PH... he is the solution for getting that extra guy open in space - but not as the "joker" TE. So, if the Hawks were going to bring in another TE... seems like (unless a highly coveted one falls in the draft) a guy like either Williams or Cunningham - would present options with their blocking and receiving skills to be another potentially valuable piece to this improving offense.

OP
OP
TeamoftheCentury

TeamoftheCentury

Reaction score
Axx":mg968w4r said:
if we dont draft the honey badger i believe the 49ers will instead.
If they do... I will seriously hope that all those I currently disagree with on this player are right and that I am wrong. I fear that the 49ers may use some of those numerous picks to select both Marcus Lattimore and Tyrann Matthieu - and the worst nightmare would be they both play like the best we saw of them in college at the NFL level. I wouldn't be opposed to the Seahawks selecting either one of those players. The only other player I fear in this draft is Tavon Austin. I'm just hoping he ends up in Cleveland, San Diego, Tampa, Philadelphia, Detroit, NYJ... anywhere but the NFC West. I probably feel the same about the other two as well.