Robinson Cano fires Scott Boras, signs with Jay Z

Discuss any and all sports-related topics. From the College Sports to Baseball and everything in between. RATING: PG-13
  • If there aint no love in the city, we'll see if he's still in an empire state of mind when its time to re-up. Cuz its a hard knock life and the Yankees got 99 problems but Cano aint one.

    http://www.cbssports.com/mlb/blog/eye-o ... zs-company
    Image
    User avatar
    JSeahawks
    * NET Moderator *
     
    Posts: 18506
    Joined: Thu Mar 01, 2007 2:35 pm
    Location: Milwaukie, Oregon


  • JSeahawks wrote:If there aint no love in the city, we'll see if he's still in an empire state of mind when its time to re-up. Cuz its a hard knock life and the Yankees got 99 problems but Cano aint one.

    http://www.cbssports.com/mlb/blog/eye-o ... zs-company


    Shhhh. Please don't, J.
    User avatar
    pehawk
    * Report Button *
     
    Posts: 9925
    Joined: Fri Feb 23, 2007 12:08 pm


  • pehawk wrote:
    JSeahawks wrote:If there aint no love in the city, we'll see if he's still in an empire state of mind when its time to re-up. Cuz its a hard knock life and the Yankees got 99 problems but Cano aint one.

    http://www.cbssports.com/mlb/blog/eye-o ... zs-company


    Shhhh. Please don't, J.


    Fo'rizzle?
    Image
    User avatar
    JSeahawks
    * NET Moderator *
     
    Posts: 18506
    Joined: Thu Mar 01, 2007 2:35 pm
    Location: Milwaukie, Oregon


  • JSeahawks wrote:If there aint no love in the city, we'll see if he's still in an empire state of mind when its time to re-up. Cuz its a hard knock life and the Yankees got 99 problems but Cano aint one.

    http://www.cbssports.com/mlb/blog/eye-o ... zs-company


    We really need a like button on this site
    User avatar
    jhawk91
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 1128
    Joined: Thu Mar 10, 2011 1:44 am
    Location: Newberg, Oregon


  • HOVA
    4/27/13 - I was there #humblethug
    "He looked like a bad man," Sherman said, "and I knew we were alright."
    User avatar
    TheRealDTM
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 867
    Joined: Thu Aug 11, 2011 4:26 pm
    Location: Bellingham, WA



  • My question is, can Jay-Z represent NBA players, seeing as he's part owner of the Nets?
    Image
    3elieve
    User avatar
    Throwdown
    * NET Baller *
     
    Posts: 19032
    Joined: Thu Apr 30, 2009 8:02 am
    Location: Graham, WA


  • Throwdown wrote:My question is, can Jay-Z represent NBA players, seeing as he's part owner of the Nets?


    He's either selling or has already sold his shares of the team in order to pursue this. They were saying this might be a bad thing for the nets, might be harder to lure FA's now as him being a part owner was a major selling point.
    Matticus
    NET Rookie
     
    Posts: 178
    Joined: Wed Jan 20, 2010 12:16 pm


  • Matticus wrote:
    Throwdown wrote:My question is, can Jay-Z represent NBA players, seeing as he's part owner of the Nets?


    He's either selling or has already sold his shares of the team in order to pursue this. They were saying this might be a bad thing for the nets, might be harder to lure FA's now as him being a part owner was a major selling point.


    Lulz. Shouldn't.
    The dude owned .15 of 1% stake in the team, or roughly $350,000. The only reason he was given that was to suck up to Lebron in attempts to get him to come to Brooklyn. Needless to say, that didn't exactly work out. Besides, they have a reckless multi billionare owner who dosen't care what he spends (hence why their paying about 50M in luxury tax this season) who will overpay & throw however much money he feels necessary to get a player.
    User avatar
    GCrow
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 678
    Joined: Sun Nov 11, 2012 8:05 am
    Location: Canada


  • He owned part of the nets WELL before the LeBron fiasco.
    Image
    3elieve
    User avatar
    Throwdown
    * NET Baller *
     
    Posts: 19032
    Joined: Thu Apr 30, 2009 8:02 am
    Location: Graham, WA




It is currently Thu Aug 21, 2014 10:05 pm

Please REGISTER to become a member

Return to [ THE SPORTS BAR ]




Information
  • Who is online
  • Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests