Leadership

StevenHAWKing

Reaction score
Of the players on the Seahawks, who do you think best represents a leader; And how do you apply THAT leadership ability to your daily profession?

JSeahawks

Reaction score
I'm a substitute elementary school teacher. I like to ridicule the students as if they're Roddy White or Skip Bayless and i'm the great leader Richard Sherman.

But the obvious answer is Russell Wilson. And I leave sticky notes for Sadhappy, RAdish, Sailor and ABsolute in hopes of them becoming better mods.

Honestly, I dont take any lessons or life inspiration from any of the Seahawks. I take the knowledge, wisdom, inspiration and strength I need from my parents, sisters and grandfather. I take entertainment from Russell Wilson and the boys, and thank them for that.

OP
OP
StevenHAWKing

StevenHAWKing

Reaction score
Well I think the obvious answer is Russell Wilson. I think his work ethic has made a lot of us feel like we can always work 1 more hour, lift 1 more package, build 1 more wall, visit 1 more investor, do 1 more set of squats, study for a test 1 more time, run 1 more mile....

Maelstrom787

Reaction score
Russell Wilson is the obvious extraordinary leader on the Seattle Seahawks. Pete Carroll's WinForever program has helped me out a lot in life in finding myself, my philosophy and living off of that. But back to Wilson.

I live by the 3 P's he's mentioned on numerous occasions. I am a student (Junior in high school, should be Senior.) and a 2-sport Varsity athlete (Swimming and Lacrosse). I am constantly asking myself how I can be a positive influence on those around me. I try my best to be a community leader. I am active in groups such as FCCLA, a member of the Gay-Straight Alliance (I am straight.) and Anti-Bullying Club at my school, and possess some of the best standardized testing scores my high school has ever seen. I plan on majoring in secondary education at the University of Delaware and being a high school teacher and coach, perhaps transitioning into politics somewhere down the road.

All this coming from a guy who never got one passing grade in middle school and was on a bad, bad road in life. I've straightened myself up in a quest to be extraordinary and make a difference, and influence others to live up to their potential. Just like Mr. Wilson did for me and many others, I assume.

In life, always persevere, always have a great perspective, and always have purpose in things you do.

OP
OP
StevenHAWKing

StevenHAWKing

Reaction score
Maelstrom787":1r3ewj0y said:
Russell Wilson is the obvious extraordinary leader on the Seattle Seahawks. Pete Carroll's WinForever program has helped me out a lot in life in finding myself, my philosophy and living off of that. But back to Wilson.

I live by the 3 P's he's mentioned on numerous occasions. I am a student (Junior in high school, should be Senior.) and a 2-sport Varsity athlete (Swimming and Lacrosse). I am constantly asking myself how I can be a positive influence on those around me. I try my best to be a community leader. I am active in groups such as FCCLA, a member of the Gay-Straight Alliance (I am straight.) and Anti-Bullying Club at my school, and possess some of the best standardized testing scores my high school has ever seen. I plan on majoring in secondary education at the University of Delaware and being a high school teacher and coach, perhaps transitioning into politics somewhere down the road.

All this coming from a guy who never got one passing grade in middle school and was on a bad, bad road in life. I've straightened myself up in a quest to be extraordinary and make a difference, and influence others to live up to their potential. Just like Mr. Wilson did for me and many others, I assume.

In life, always persevere, always have a great perspective, and always have purpose in things you do.

Awesome! Keep it up!

OP
OP
StevenHAWKing

StevenHAWKing

Reaction score
JSeahawks said:
I'm a substitute elementary school teacher.

haha!

you honor me too much sir. our teachers deserve a lot more then they get..

but you can make light of my post if you want... but its an honest question.... which demands an honest answer... Of the players on the Seahawks, who do you think best represents a leader; And how do you apply THAT leadership ability to your daily profession?

is this a football post? no, its not x's and o's

but leadership has to do with x, o, m, h, w, a, and p.

Im a college student by the way.

The objective of this post was to initiate a conversation about leadership styles... I obviously struck a nerve

SeahawksFanForever

Reaction score
Earl Thomas as a leader is little underrated on this board. I follow our team on twitter. I have seen every played mess around with one another besides Russell Wilson and Earl Thomas. No one says anything to them even as a joke. They all seem to respect these two A LOT.

legend38

Reaction score
It seems to me whenever the players are gathered around Mr.Michael Robinson is the one doing the talking.I follow him on Twitter and he seems like a pretty cool cat.

Navyhawkfan187

Reaction score
SeahawksFanForever":2rv01h8o said:
Earl Thomas as a leader is little underrated on this board. I follow our team on twitter. I have seen every played mess around with one another besides Russell Wilson and Earl Thomas. No one says anything to them even as a joke. They all seem to respect these two A LOT.

you must have missed the Madden discussion between Earl, Sherm and Kearse among others yesterday then.

SeahawksFanForever

Reaction score
Navyhawkfan187":23zhzqb1 said:
SeahawksFanForever":23zhzqb1 said:

you must have missed the Madden discussion between Earl, Sherm and Kearse among others yesterday then.

I saw that but it's never as bad as other conversations that they have. Sherman n Baldwin are always clowning on everyone including each other. They don't take things to that level with ET.

nsport

Reaction score
A lot of cred to Pete Carroll for the belief system he installs. As trivial as it may seem to some, the nuances of "always compete" and his versions of Coach Wooden's philosophies has been very inspiring to me.

I was very concerned about the FO in their first year cutting 10-20 guys a week (it seemed) and gaining a bad reputation in the league where you don't go to Seattle because you're liable to get cut the next day. But the belief system is right out there for players to see. I think they are told when they walk through the door that it's their opportunity to succeed and compete - if they fail, that's on them because they are given a true opportunity.

In our normal, non-sports civilian world - being forthright with those around you that the correct point of view is not to focus on how awful things are around you - but instead the opportunities and positive aspects, along with having a commitment to be better each day. This is a better approach than allowing someone to wallow in self-pity. When people "get it", their lives can change dramatically.

hawksfansinceday1

Reaction score
JSeahawks":ssvs5wpk said:
...............And I leave sticky notes for Sadhappy, RAdish, Sailor and ABsolute in hopes of them becoming better mods.....................
You haven't given up hope on Radish being a better mod yet? Damn you are one optimistic guy J.

hawk45

Reaction score
Ye gods, the offseason. I guess it's better than the old Tjack wars or Matt-vs-CBJ.

Of course it's a college student, nobody younger or older could ask something like this with a straight face. Of course you struck a nerve, it's hard to facepalm as hard as I just did and not feel it.

People are formed much more as JSeahawks said, by family, life experiences, etc. They may take inspiration from how hard Russell works, but nobody's life is being altered here.

DavidSeven

Reaction score
I think Marshawn has actually developed into quite the leader on this team. Everyone on the team respects him for always putting everything out there on the field, and I know I've seen him on the sidelines talking guys up after big plays. Most memorably from last season, I remember him talking in Big Red's ear after the blocked FG against San Francisco. You could tell by the look on Red's face that Marshawn was hyping him up.

In terms of guys who are able to vocally inspire, gotta go with Mike Rob. Shout out to Leon Washington in this category, too. Gonna miss that guy.

OP
OP
StevenHAWKing

StevenHAWKing

Reaction score
hawk45":1aiy962h said:
Of course it's a college student, nobody younger or older could ask something like this with a straight face. Of course you struck a nerve, it's hard to facepalm as hard as I just did and not feel it.

People are formed much more as JSeahawks said, by family, life experiences, etc. They may take inspiration from how hard Russell works, but nobody's life is being altered here.

Yes i'm a college student. I'm also 27. But please, AGAIN, try and read the original post. Why do some people respond with intelligent answers with regard to the actual questions, and others... well... facepalm themselves? I was not asking if anyone's life has been altered. Go Hawks!