Palmer traded to AZ for two donuts and a soda

Babsmack

Reaction score
Winterfell":17as6ohj said:
I honestly think this makes the Cards more competitive, and the NFC West that much stronger.

If the Cards can find a solid O-lineman in FA and draft a few studs in the early rounds of the draft...watch out.

I'm not saying they'll be better than us, the 49ers, or the Rams, but they won't make it easy, and they'll probably be a lot stronger than most #4 teams in other divisions.

The Cards last year had a good defense, good STs, and good skill position players but their weakness was poor QB play, poor running game, and poor O-line. If you were able to improve all 3 of those weaknesses to "merely" league average, I think you'll see a drastically improved team.

Carson Palmer might revive them in a way similar to, but not in the same degree, that Kurt Warner did in the mid to late 2000s. They're both immobile and statue-like pocket passers but both had good accuracy, touch, and good deep balls.

I'm just saying, don't underestimate the effect of bringing in improved QB play to a team. Russell Wilson made a HUGE difference for us between this season and last season, and although Palmer isn't on par with Wilson, I think he'll influence the Cards positively.

:177692:

ivotuk

Reaction score
JesterHawk":3v3smj6j said:
The Oakland Raiders, turning a 2012 first round pick and 2013 second round pick into a 2014 conditional 7th round pick since 2013.

Go black!

LOL! This brings to mind that exceptional phrase "But that's just what they would be expecting us to do!"

And the other phrase "He's alive! He's alive! " followed by Oingo Boingo singing "Wierd Science" with undead Al playing the part of a dancing skeleton!

SE174

Reaction score
Throwdown":2ax2yuqr said:
beautiful! Earl Thomas and Sherm are gonna put this cry baby in his place 2 times a year.
This. Palmer is an INT juggs machine. :0190l:

Scottemojo

Reaction score
Seahawk Sailor":2muo2bhe said:
This is a huge upgrade for Arizona. And it's also the perfect setup to start them out right and then crash and burn when he gets trampled and hurt about week six.

Exactly. The last uber quick decision maker in Arizona thrived with Fitz, so will Palmer. Until he gets smashed. Let's not undersell Bruce Arians either, he will do good things with Palmer. No matter the condition of Palmer's arm.

Largent80

Reaction score
Seahawk Sailor":3vcm32as said:
This is a huge upgrade for Arizona. And it's also the perfect setup to start them out right and then crash and burn .

Didn't they do that last year too?

OkieHawk

Reaction score
I'm still wondering why any QB would voluntarily go to a team that had to play our defense twice a year. Heck, even Flynn was smart enough to go outside the conference.

RolandDeschain

Reaction score
OkieHawk":ud5j6tqf said:
I'm still wondering why any QB would voluntarily go to a team that had to play our defense twice a year. Heck, even Flynn was smart enough to go outside the conference.

Smart enough? We traded him. He didn't get to choose.

OkieHawk

Reaction score
RolandDeschain":39hhgnt2 said:
OkieHawk":39hhgnt2 said:

It was my understanding he got to choose, I guess not then.

SE174

Reaction score
OkieHawk":3h23myqz said:
RolandDeschain":3h23myqz said:
OkieHawk":3h23myqz said:

Who would WANT to go to the Raiders? :lol:

OkieHawk

Reaction score
SE174":31qmlfn8 said:
OkieHawk":31qmlfn8 said:
RolandDeschain":31qmlfn8 said:
OkieHawk said:

Who would WANT to go to the Raiders? :lol:

Not many places he has a chance to start, so there is that.

CPHawk

Reaction score
Rat":1bvnbtv6 said:
I think this makes the Cards better than the Rams.

Only if they get the 06 version of Palmer. But if the get the guy who we have seen the late 2-3 years, this isn't a very significant move IMHO.

SalishHawkFan

Reaction score
Wow, how soon we forget. Going into last season the Cards were a team to be respected. They had an excellent defense and were going to challenge for at least a wild card spot. Then it became apparent they simply had NO QB and nobody in the NFL can win without one. Their defense remains elite, even if we put up 50+ on them, they rolled over and quit that game. Now they have a QB who last year threw for 4000 yards. He's going to turn that franchise around and they'll be contenders once again. 9-7 is not out of the question. Add to that they face a 4th place schedule and they'll beat some patsies. this dvision just got a whole lot tougher.

Subzero717

Reaction score
SalishHawkFan":38w9gjjv said:
Wow, how soon we forget. Going into last season the Cards were a team to be respected. They had an excellent defense and were going to challenge for at least a wild card spot. Then it became apparent they simply had NO QB and nobody in the NFL can win without one. Their defense remains elite, even if we put up 50+ on them, they rolled over and quit that game. Now they have a QB who last year threw for 4000 yards. He's going to turn that franchise around and they'll be contenders once again. 9-7 is not out of the question. Add to that they face a 4th place schedule and they'll beat some patsies. this dvision just got a whole lot tougher.

They lost Ray Horton due to Arians ego.

BASF

Reaction score
CALIHAWK1":1tzm14dq said:
SalishHawkFan":1tzm14dq said:

They lost Ray Horton due to Arians ego.

They are also completely revamping their secondary. Only Rashad Johnson and Patrick Peterson will be back. I will be glad never to have to face Adrian Wilson again. Also, calling a defense elite when they finished middle of the pack in almost every category is a bit of a stretch.