Seahawks working out Matt Scott

The Outfield

Reaction score
Watch him get drafted 1st round just because the Seahawks are looking at him :D

Shadowhawk

Reaction score
I would love it if we can manage to draft Scott! Perfect backup for us.

General Manager

Reaction score
Eagles have met with Scott already there's some intertest in him around the league.

Speakinhawk68

Reaction score
CALIHAWK1":35wefd5o said:
Smoke screen.
i mean it could be, but looking at videos and how he plays... why wouldn't we like a guy like that as your backup?

jammerhawk

Reaction score
Seems odd the team is being so public about this workout, feels like a smokescreen.

Seahawksfan425

Reaction score
Something tells me he won't fall passed the 3rd round and I think the Hawks shouldn't draft a qb until their 4th round pick.

ivotuk

Reaction score
Seahawksfan425":r02k3nvk said:
Something tells me he won't fall passed the 3rd round and I think the Hawks shouldn't draft a qb until their 4th round pick.

Someone will foolishly overdraft this kid. He has great potential, but not that high.

HawkWow

Reaction score
I consider you all smarter than myself about such things...but do we really want a QB in this draft? I would be against using anymore than one of our 7ths on a (developmental-type ) QB in 13. His deal would be up just one year after Wilson's. You guys know this already.

I was thinking about just stayin with a stop gap (Young, Webb etc.) until perhaps next year or even the year after, then using a higher pick to get a QB we can develop to keep as Wilson's potential replacement (god forbid) or to ultimately trade (if we can retain Wilson and Wilson stays Wilson). This approach wouldn't make more sense?

nbk35zw

Reaction score
As a UA alum, and admitted homer, I would suggest we draft him, and draft him early. Go watch his USC tape. Go watch his Stanford tape. Go watch the Nevada tape. Hell, go watch him destroy the Huskies.

Draft picks are so overvalued. Pick valuable players. That makes a draft pick valuable.

Matt Scott @ #56... doubt he lasts to 30, however.

kearly

Reaction score
nbk35zw":jbuzth8a said:
Draft picks are so overvalued. Pick valuable players. That makes a draft pick valuable.

This is so oversimplified that I'm surprised nobody has mocked you for saying it yet; that said I am in agreement with you. I'd rather "reach" for John Simon in round 2 than get a "steal" like Jonathan Hankins in the same draft slot. Seattle used this same philosophy with the Irvin/Wagner/Wilson picks last year. Point being, I think most people (especially in the media) get carried away with a players' perceived value where in reality many of the best players are under the radar, and our FO does an outstanding job of identifying those players.

Unfortunately, it doesn't sound like Matt Scott is going to be one of those undervalued players to GMs, if he ever was one.

ImTheScientist

Reaction score
FlyingGreg":17yqtgqk said:
And somewhere, kearly is giggling like a mastermind...and also writing a new opus.

Scott was being mentioned by local media and a few in the national media from the start.....not really new news.

FlyingGreg

Reaction score
T-Sizzle":2vhizce0 said:
FlyingGreg":2vhizce0 said:
And somewhere, kearly is giggling like a mastermind...and also writing a new opus.

Scott was being mentioned by local media and a few in the national media from the start.....not really new news.

Kip was way ahead of the national media and local media.

It's ok to give him credit - it doesn't cost anything. :p

Latest posts