NBA returning to Seattle?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sac

Reaction score
Throwdown":35c52n4f said:
SacHawk2.0":35c52n4f said:
You sir, are in for the worst atomic wedgie of your life

Of course you want to see my boxers, OF COURSE YOU DO!

Yeah, over your head while tears of justice roll down your cheeks.

Throwdown

Reaction score
Blitzer88":7wq20c18 said:
Any updates?

Don't expect any, aside from all sides saying "WELL IT WENT WELL"

And KJ's cheesy ass stupid smile which i want to punch off his face.

m0ng0

Reaction score
At least your not in "Tank the rest of the season to get better draft position" mode :D

pinksheets

Reaction score
The Sacramento press conference is a bumbling trainwreck.

"California is the most important state in the union!"
"India!"
"We left everything on the floor!"
"Our offer is good!"

-The Glove-

Reaction score
pinksheets":3k3m2zxw said:
The Sacramento press conference is a bumbling trainwreck.

"California is the most important state in the union!"
"India!"
"We left everything on the floor!"
"Our offer is good!"

"3.0, NBA 3.0. It used to be 1.0, then came 2.0, and next 3.0."

Is Rebecca Black speaking on behalf of Sacramento? And when did she become an old Indian man?

drdiags

Reaction score
Sounds like the 18th may not be a final date for a decision

Jerry Brewer @JerryBrewer

Stern says decision may not be made by April 18 Board of Governors meeting. This could drag on

A slow death to the loser of this fight.

Maybe not

Jerry Brewer @JerryBrewer

Stern said that, if it does go past April 18-19 BOG meeting, it won't be "by much."

Bob Condotta @bcondotta

NBA presser over. The big news may be that this may not be decided at BOG meetings.

Blitzer88

Reaction score
After listening to the Stern presser............I came away not feeling that great. I could see us being stabbed in the back by the NBA again.

pinksheets

Reaction score
Blitzer88":1rdfc8nm said:
After listening to the Stern presser............I came away not feeling that great. I could see us being stabbed in the back by the NBA again.
If David Stern came out wearing a Sonics jersey you'd convince yourself that it's a bad sign because he likely won't want to limit the vintage appeal of his wardrobe selection by bringing back the team.

This was played down the middle, as expected, and from all indications the Sac group is not offering a matching bid, which is game over.

NorCal

Reaction score
pinksheets":1s8uz4tv said:
Blitzer88":1s8uz4tv said:
If David Stern came out wearing a Sonics jersey you'd convince yourself that it's a bad sign because he likely won't want to limit the vintage appeal of his wardrobe selection by bringing back the team.

This was played down the middle, as expected, and from all indications the Sac group is not offering a matching bid, which is game over.

Question to Stern: "Does Sacramento need to improve their offer?" Stern: "That is not one of the issues." - Question posed to Stern today at his presser

pinksheets

Reaction score
You think the NBA will force a lesser offer on an owner? You think other owners will do that to themselves? You think Stern was honest and up front and that everything is being done in earnest and out in the open? It's hard to take statements he makes, especially when he's been blatantly and purposefully neutral in a press conference. We'll see, but unless Sac matches or the Maloofs are feeling charitable, the Sonics are a lock to return, and that team simply is not worth as much in Sacramento as it is in Seattle, that's a huge hurdle.

pinksheets

Reaction score
It's also worth noting that KJ even made it a point to refer to the Sac offer as a "back up offer" that can be accepted if Seattle "doesn't pan out". So in that instance, I suppose matching wouldn't be the pressing issue. If the league denies the PSA, they figure that the Maloofs can then look at these back up offers. If that's the case, that also likely means that the Seattle PSA will be judged on its own merits and not on anything coming out of Sacramento. It's either a competing bid or its a back up bid. Seattle is in the lead still, even KJ says so.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts