Hawks have agreed to terms with Thigpen??

Hawknballs

Reaction score
I'm laughing at the fact that everyone thinks that this 'unreliable source' of a website would go through the trouble of conjuring up a "groundbreaking" Thigpen-to-Seattle story.

YOU HEARD IT HERE FIRST!

The Outfield

Reaction score
Rotoworld is also reporting that everything is pointing toward Thigpen coming to Seattle.

theENGLISHseahawk

Reaction score
Seahawk Sailor":3u83c20x said:
IF this is a legitimate done deal

It isn't... and I can't believe PFCentral has generated a four page thread discussing.

It might happen... but rest assured this is just a complete guess from PFC/IncaceratedBob/whoever...

Hawknballs":3u83c20x said:
I'm laughing at the fact that everyone thinks that this 'unreliable source' of a website would go through the trouble of conjuring up a "groundbreaking" Thigpen-to-Seattle story.

YOU HEARD IT HERE FIRST!

They don't need to post just ground breaking stories to generate a faux reputation. They just need to guess what 'might' happen in the short term future. If Thigpen signs in two weeks, then they 'called it'. If he doesn't, they'll delete this thread or pretend it never existed.

It's how it works.

We'll know this is a 'done deal' when Schefter, Glazer, Mort or La Canfora reports it... or the Seahawks make an announcement.

Hawknballs

Reaction score
hopefully if it turns out to be true we don't just hand him the job.

Everyone else has to compete for their spot I say we end up drafting a guy and bringing in another out of work QB or two and letting the best guy win the job.

TBH I don't know much about Thigpen so I don't have an informed opinion either way on him.

Bakergirl

Reaction score
If this was true you would think they would have announced it on .com by now.

NYCoug

Reaction score
Hawknballs":1as8uh8c said:

YOU HEARD IT HERE FIRST!

Hey, being able to stand on the sidelines while holding a clipboard and watching a legend in the making is a pretty big deal. That's a dream job right there. He'll be able to tell his grandkids that he once touched Russell Wilson's hand after a touchdown in the preseason. Pretty groundbreaking stuff if you ask me.

XxxZagnutxxX

Reaction score
NYCoug":27okh6fi said:
All that's stopping me from becoming the next Incarcerated Bob or PFCentral is a twitter account and some self respect. Seriously, ANYONE can do this stuff... but why would you?

I'm still hoping that even if we sign Thigpen, we bring in Portis and a rookie to compete for the 2 available QB spots on the roster. Or will they go with 2 QB's on the roster again this year, with 1 on the practice squad? Probably, right? If they were confident enough in Wilson to stay healthy as a rookie to only carry 2 QB's on gameday, why wouldn't they do that again now that Russ is more of a known commodity?

Well, you do have a blog. So all you really need is a twitter account. ;)

MrCarey

Reaction score
As long as it wasn't someone who played for the Cardinals last year, I'm totally okay with it.

NYCoug

Reaction score
XxxZagnutxxX":2plopq58 said:
NYCoug":2plopq58 said:
All that's stopping me from becoming the next Incarcerated Bob or PFCentral is a twitter account and some self respect. Seriously, ANYONE can do this stuff... but why would you?

I'm still hoping that even if we sign Thigpen, we bring in Portis and a rookie to compete for the 2 available QB spots on the roster. Or will they go with 2 QB's on the roster again this year, with 1 on the practice squad? Probably, right? If they were confident enough in Wilson to stay healthy as a rookie to only carry 2 QB's on gameday, why wouldn't they do that again now that Russ is more of a known commodity?

Well, you do have a blog. So all you really need is a twitter account. ;)

Ooff, low blow. That was a good one Zagnut, I gotta admit haha :th2thumbs:

theENGLISHseahawk":2plopq58 said:
PFCentral once reported Seattle was close to signing John Abraham: http://www.profootballcentral.com/2013/ ... ham-close/

Nearly a month later, Abraham is still a free agent and we signed Avril and Bennett instead.

Pure guess work on their behalf.

They might have said a deal is close but everyone knows that the hierarchy of done deals goes close, almost done, nearly finalized, and then imminent. Once reports say the deal is imminent, we'll know that a deal is really just weeks/months away.

Rat

Reaction score
suppaball":zpi3ox6k said:
It seems to me that VY is a more viable choice than Thigpen, but either one can win games in the NFL.
Is that opinion based on Thigpen's 1-11 record as a starting QB?

Basis4day

Reaction score
Take a look at the back-up Qbs around the league. Most teams are in bad shape if their starter goes down. Which, shockingly, is what back-up Qbs are back-ups in the first place.

Not worth worrying about it IMHO.

kidhawk

Reaction score
Bakergirl":100mt6g7 said:
If this was true you would think they would have announced it on .com by now.

I am not vouching for the validity of the story, but .com doesn't usually put it up until the contract has been filed with the league office. This usually takes a little time, and depends on when the player can actually get the contract signed and returned. This is why we hear things as "official" on nfl.com, on the radio, ESPN and other sites before you read it on .com.

Whether this is real, the rumored portis signing is real or whether they are in talks with multiple guys, it's all just fodder until we get to at least mini camps and more likely, training camp and actually see who's getting what kind of reps. Until then, any signings are best to be thought of as "another arm" until we are told or see for ourselves otherwise.

We should have at LEAST 3 quarterbacks going into camp, and I believe the first voluntary workout/minicamp is April 15. I would think they'd want to have another guy signed by then to get him as much off season time as possible.

General Manager

Reaction score
So this may not happen good Pigpen is not a good signing, for those that said he is i'm not buying it because it simply would not be a anything but an act of desperation. The only thing good i have to say about him is he's not a rookie. If they do sign him i'll give them the benefit of the doubt untill i see him throw the ball in a seahawks uniform.

Sac

Reaction score
General Manager":38ld8u13 said:
So this may not happen good Pigpen is not a good signing, for those that said he is i'm not buying it because it's simply would not be a anything but an act of desperation.

Why you no make senses?

McGruff

Reaction score
General Manager":svz1v203 said:
So this may not happen good Pigpen is not a good signing, for those that said he is i'm not buying it because it simply would not be a anything but an act of desperation. The only thing good i have to say about him is he's not a rookie. If they do sign him i'll give them the benefit of the doubt untill i see him throw the ball in a seahawks uniform.

Doesn't sound like you are giving I'm the benefit of the doubt to me . . .

theENGLISHseahawk

Reaction score
General Manager":11906bk9 said:

He's too short and slow, right? Is that what you're trying to say?

Subzero717

Reaction score
Has this transaction been confirmed by any credible source. I haven't seen it anywhere reliable.

General Manager

Reaction score
CALIHAWK1":27a0avj2 said:
Has this transaction been confirmed by any credible source. I haven't seen it anywhere reliable.

No it hasn't i've looked . However there going to have to find someone to backup Wilson Thigpen wouldn't be on my list though.