NBA returning to Seattle?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sac

Reaction score
Throwdown":34024blh said:
Sports Hernia":34024blh said:
They'll soon be owning 7% of the Seattle SuperSonics, good investment.

Not so fast, a minority owner has filed to match.

And sac, don't say that booboo :(

Don't give me that, Throw. You know this whole situation is playing with my emotions.

Blitzer88

Reaction score
Shaz":2lw22q6b said:
The 7% match is hinging on if the Hansen deal fails

I tried to look that up and see if it's true and I have yet to find any info that confirms that idea. Where did you see that?

pinksheets

Reaction score
It's worth noting that everything KJ and Sac ends up doing is a reaction to what the Seattle group has done.

That's why they are behind.

We have businessmen working our deal, they have grandstanding politicians. Have faith.

Do you really think the NBA wants to make less money by staying in Sacramento? A declining TV market with even worse economic indicators? To pass up Seattle, one of the fastest growing cities in the country? These guys didn't get rich by making decisions that line up with greeting card sentimentality.

Seattle is not losing to two podunk, small-time towns and not coming away with an NBA team. This is a world class city.

pinksheets

Reaction score
Throwdown":13c4i824 said:
Wouldn't it just be totally seattle if we got screwed again though?
No. We're not a loser city. We've been a small city going through the growing pains of becoming a major market, dealt with losing sports franchises at times, and adopted a loser mentality, but we need to get over it. Look at Sacramento, a near bankrupt town who argues that the fact that no other professional sports league wants anything to do with them is a great argument for why the NBA should want to be there, that's a loser argument. Seattle is at a point where any professional sports league that spurns it does so at its own expense. It's a bad business move, because this city has money, maybe too much of it, and we love to spend it on sports. Let's get over the whole passive aggressive cautiously pessimistic BS. We're better than that. The NBA won't reject Seattle. Perhaps the NBA likes the idea of Sacramento betting the last of its assets on basketball and has no concern for the fact that a city that's near bankruptcy is looking to go all in on an arena being their savior (cause there's any evidence to support THAT kind of move). If that's the case, then the NBA will expand, but they're doing so just to keep a team in Sac. Would you expand to Sacramento if there weren't a team there? No other pro-sports league would, the A's ownership laughed at the idea of moving to Sac.

To money or not to money? That is the NBA's question.

Sacramento is a "top 20 market" only in the number of TV households. They suck where it counts: unemployment, retail spending per capita, median income, etc. And they aren't growing, they continue to lose more and more spending power. Seattle is the opposite. Will it ever be LA or NYC? Probably not, but we're moving on up. If the NBA wants to make money, they don't pass on Seattle. If they want to stay with Sac for sentimental reasons, so be it, but that decision would not be a business maneuver, because they lose money by doing so. Sacramento is a charity case for the NBA and is only in this game because they are transferring the last of their public assets to private investors (who would otherwise never consider putting money into that city).

Throwdown

Reaction score
Sounds like Hansen has brought the whole clique with him this morning, he's got McGinn, & Constantine already, now add Ballmer, and the Nordstroms, our boys rolled up deep and bank accounts flaunting.

AbsolutNET

Reaction score
So what kind of decision can we expect today? Do the owners/commish actually rely on these presentations or is it a formality at this point? If this is like trial and they don't already have their minds pretty much made up, I can't imagine we'll see a decision today.

Throwdown

Reaction score
AbsolutNET":39fbz51o said:
So what kind of decision can we expect today? Do the owners/commish actually rely on these presentations or is it a formality at this point? If this is like trial and they don't already have their minds pretty much made up, I can't imagine we'll see a decision today.

No, no decision, but for some stupid ass reason I am damn NERVOUS!

AbsolutNET

Reaction score
So what's the timeline for anything "official" to actually happen?

The Outfield

Reaction score
Throwdown":317y3f7k said:
Sounds like Hansen has brought the whole clique with him this morning, he's got McGinn, & Constantine already, now add Ballmer, and the Nordstroms, our boys rolled up deep and bank accounts flaunting.

Maybe McSchwinn will promise to add some more bike lanes to the new arena :mrgreen:

Throwdown

Reaction score
The Outfield":uzuj87hf said:
Throwdown":uzuj87hf said:

Maybe McSchwinn will promise to add some more bike lanes to the new arena :mrgreen:

I read that there was a bike valet, maybe it was a joke or not, i dunno.

WHERE IS PINK AND SEATOWN? MY NERVES ARE JUMPIN! I need my ADHD pill pushers types on here.

Status
Not open for further replies.