Hawks have agreed to terms with Thigpen??

suppaball

Reaction score
It seems to me that VY is a more viable choice than Thigpen, but either one can win games in the NFL.

Winterfell

Reaction score
I'd prefer Vince Young and Josh Portis to be the #2 and #3, but Thigpen would be adequate. Just as long as it's not Leinart.

Happypuppy

Reaction score
I think we better draft a RT...Wilson better not get hurt

seacat1

Reaction score
I would have to think that PCJS are going to draft a QB and let them compete for the backup job with Thigpen and Portis. I think it is to early to worry about who the backup is he may not be on he roster yet.

theENGLISHseahawk

Reaction score
PFCENTRAL IS NOT A LEGIT SOURCE

It's the second coming of Incarcerated Fraud. Take a look at the back catalogue. They do exactly the same thing as ICB. They pre-empt things. A deal that is speculated by the media is then a 'done deal' on PFC or ICB, they write a few lines of copy and leave it there. They hedge their bets on it coming true. If it does, then they force the link down your throat to prove how they 'got it right'. If it doesn't, then they delete the post.

When Glazer, Mort, Schefter, La Canfora etc report this, we should talk about it. The title of this thread should include the word 'speculation'.

Incarcerated Bob is just some guy who became a 'personality' by ringing up the New York phone-ins every day. He has a thirst for attention. Whoever started PFC clearly felt like they fancied a crack at it too. Don't get duped by these phoney websites.

HawKnPeppa

Reaction score
Winterfell":36uo97q3 said:
I'd prefer Vince Young and Josh Portis to be the #2 and #3, but Thigpen would be adequate. Just as long as it's not Leinart.

I'm guessing this is just the start of a QB pile for TC. Hopefully we end up with a decent backup once the competition has weeded most of them out.

A

Anonymous

Yeah, but what does his girlfriend/wife look like?

Don't we have a "gotta have a hot significant other" rule now?

HawkFreak

Reaction score
I think it's great that the Hawks are at finally a place where we are having this much conversation about the backup QB...
and not still trying to figure out who the heck the starter is going to be to lead the Hawks!

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
Wow, thanks for the info. News Flash: our Quarterback better not get hurt.
Um, that's kind of how it works, you don't want your quarterback getting hurt.

In other news, the sun will come out today. :)

That being said, I agree 100 percent, we need to draft a RT, needs to happen.

onanygivensunday

Reaction score
Clayton has been saying that the Hawks should go after Thigpen ever since Flynn's trade to Oakland has been imminent.

LawlessHawk

Reaction score
HawKnPeppa":27j58604 said:
I'm guessing this is just the start of a QB pile for TC. Hopefully we end up with a decent backup once the competition has weeded most of them out.

^^^ This right here.

Another "hand wringing", "this guy, no that guy" headed-for-10 pages thread over something that doesn't even look like its official yet. And if, when it does go official, so what... what has the current administration shown any of us since it took over that makes us believe for one minute that Thigpen, Vince Young, Joe Schmoe, et al that are signed in April, for any position, let alone backup QB, are written in stone for the coming season. Damn near as likely they'll be cut before the season even starts...

Carry on.

GCrow

Reaction score
theENGLISHseahawk":3bec4nt0 said:
PFCENTRAL IS NOT A LEGIT SOURCE

It's the second coming of Incarcerated Fraud. Take a look at the back catalogue. They do exactly the same thing as ICB. They pre-empt things. A deal that is speculated by the media is then a 'done deal' on PFC or ICB, they write a few lines of copy and leave it there. They hedge their bets on it coming true. If it does, then they force the link down your throat to prove how they 'got it right'. If it doesn't, then they delete the post.

When Glazer, Mort, Schefter, La Canfora etc report this, we should talk about it. The title of this thread should include the word 'speculation'.

Incarcerated Bob is just some guy who became a 'personality' by ringing up the New York phone-ins every day. He has a thirst for attention. Whoever started PFC clearly felt like they fancied a crack at it too. Don't get duped by these phoney websites.

Exactly. Remember back earlier in Free Agency came across this jabroni who honestly tweeted out something like "Jake Long to the Rams done, worked hard for this so give credit where it's due" (this was about 2 weeks before Long actually did sign with the Rams also) Seriously who says that? Dude Clearly just tries hard at connecting the dots and throws stuff at the wall.

NYCoug

Reaction score
All that's stopping me from becoming the next Incarcerated Bob or PFCentral is a twitter account and some self respect. Seriously, ANYONE can do this stuff... but why would you?

I'm still hoping that even if we sign Thigpen, we bring in Portis and a rookie to compete for the 2 available QB spots on the roster. Or will they go with 2 QB's on the roster again this year, with 1 on the practice squad? Probably, right? If they were confident enough in Wilson to stay healthy as a rookie to only carry 2 QB's on gameday, why wouldn't they do that again now that Russ is more of a known commodity?

Seahawk Sailor

Reaction score
California via Negros Occidental, Philippines
IF this is a legitimate done deal, it's not the end of the world. My guess is they'll bring in three or four QB's total for camp, kick the tires and divide the reps up to lighten the load. They'll figure out who the best one or two backups are and dump the rest. We'll probably end up with a very cap-friendly quarterback situation, with adequate insurance against possible Wilson injury, when it's all said and done.

fridayfrenzy

Reaction score
Great signing. He can run the pistol read option very well.

He isn't nearly as good as RW in the pocket, but he is a mobile QB that can run the Seahawks offense effectively.

kidhawk

Reaction score
mikeak":1pfqgi7y said:
So he signed a three year deal in buffalo so must have been cut since that wa two years ago. So they keep TJack instead....

Hoping RW doesn't get injured would much rather have had Vince Young

Honestly, all we need to do is get whomever we use as a backup to a level where they can effectively manage the game if they are needed. There were/are no real options right now (outside of the draft) for a quarterback to put any faith in as more than a game manager.