49ers sign Nnamdi Asomugha

DavidSeven

Reaction score
He's basically the same age as Trufant and was significantly worse than him statistically.

Insignificant pick up.

RolandDeschain

Reaction score
Hahahaha, that was quick. I'm already banned. What scrubs. I was even nice when I posted it.

Attachments

• 49erswebzone_banned.PNG
    49erswebzone_banned.PNG
    23.8 KB · Views: 5,467

heyu123

Reaction score
Good depth signing for basically nothing. By all accounts he was misused terribly in Philly by an OL coach posing as D coordinator.

The Niners will use him correctly, as we possess one of the best staffs in football.

He won't be Oakland Raiders Nnamdi anymore most likely, as he's older now and probably has lost a step or two. However I think you'll see him perform somewhere in the middle, ie an acceptable starter/great backup. Especially with two healthy Smiths rushing the passer.

Winterfell

Reaction score
heyu123":2ibbm0j5 said:
Good depth signing for basically nothing. By all accounts he was misused terribly in Philly by an OL coach posing as D coordinator.

The Niners will use him correctly, as we possess one of the best staffs in football.

He won't be Oakland Raiders Nnamdi anymore most likely, as he's older now and probably has lost a step or two. However I think you'll see him perform somewhere in the middle, ie an acceptable starter/great backup. Especially with two healthy Smiths rushing the passer.

If he reverts close to his form back from his Oakland days, you guys will have had a great steal. If he doesn't, your financial commitment to his is basically zero, so congrats on that.

Although your team will have to watch out for his effect on the locker room. I've read reports on NFL.com of him being a bit detached and cold towards his past teammates, eating lunch separately, stopping teammates in mid-sentence to say he didn't want to talk with them anymore, etc.

IronSaint

Reaction score
RolandDeschain":2dokdj59 said:
LOL, Nnamdi Asomugah ranked 101st out of the 113 CBs to see at least 25% of snaps last year in the NFL. That is not just bad, that is horrible. For pass coverage specifically, he's 103rd. Pathetic.

It's bad when the 3 corners we had on our roster last year (Greer, Robinson and White) and our new addition (Lewis) all ranked higher than Nnamdi when we had the same problem, man-corners in a zone scheme. :lol:

RolandDeschain":2dokdj59 said:
Hahahaha, that was quick. I'm already banned. What scrubs. I was even nice when I posted it.

LOL, I seen that! I was going to add you on there and share my greetings (in addition to maybe trolling a little :stirthepot: ) but I went to your profile and you were banned. LOL. :lol:

WestcoastSteve

Reaction score
EastCoastHawksFan":3h91wkm1 said:
As much as a hate the 9ers this is a brillant signing. for 1.35 m plus another 1.35 in incentives.
The dude was Dominant as an Oakland Raider. and the Raiders as we all know are horrible. Yet I argued that he was better then Revis two years ago because he was that good.
Then scheme change and move to the east coast doomed this guy as he was one of the worst corners in the league.

now he is joining an already reall good 49ers defense , I expect this guy to bounce back big time.

The scheme change is overblown, when Castillo got fired the Eagles moved back to a man to man defense and Nnamdi still struggled. He is what he is, a decent but not great corner.

Hawk Finn

Reaction score
The Outfield":2m3etmos said:
Roland, you got banned for providing useful information? lol

Explains his still-active status here...

sjbravo

Reaction score
First thoughts were - he's past it. Then I saw the terms of the deal. If he sucks when he comes in, they cut him - no loss. If he's anywhere near his best - what a steal. I hate to say it but they've got a nice, nice deal.

Not our sort of player, so I'm not too gutted we didn't try to get him.

757Niner

Reaction score
RolandDeschain":377b0s3j said:

They banned you? That's some bullshit, really. I left the webzone years ago...that place is the black hole as far as Niner boards. Even the .com boards have gotten ridiculously anal lately, having to sign-in to view the boards and things of that nature. I go elsewhere to talk about the Niners these days...

As far as Aso, its a meh signing. It doesn't make us better ,talent-wise, it may make us deeper however. Allows us not to have to press a rookie into action if he isnt ready. Aso is no longer a very good starter. But I think he could be a very good 3rd or 4th CB, if motivated. He wasn't guaranteed anything....money nor a starting gig, not even a roster spot so I supposed that's great motivation. We shall see...

hedgehawk

Reaction score
Good signing for them imo. Chance to compete and prove he isn't washed up, and the contract is practically nothing.

Babsmack

Reaction score
Winterfell":r39obwqs said:
heyu123":r39obwqs said:

If he reverts close to his form back from his Oakland days, you guys will have had a great steal. If he doesn't, your financial commitment to his is basically zero, so congrats on that.

Although your team will have to watch out for his effect on the locker room. I've read reports on NFL.com of him being a bit detached and cold towards his past teammates, eating lunch separately, stopping teammates in mid-sentence to say he didn't want to talk with them anymore, etc.

Harbaugh does NOT put up with that ish. First sign of it and he's toast, having paid him $0 - and Nnamdi knows it. He CHOSE to sign here (over NO) for pennies on the dollar, if there is a dollar that is. I think he'll play his damndest, whether it's good play or not remains to be seen.

RolandDeschain

Reaction score
I'm guessing he really just couldn't get guaranteed money from anyone and the 49ers let him spin his story about requesting it, lol.

Babsmack":3lrkmxh4 said:
Not sure why you guys quote/monkey with 49erswebzone.

It's not the official message board for the Niners.

This is:

http://forums.49ers.com/index.php
I know. I'm banned from there, too. For the same reason, actually; posting some stats, rofl. This was like 3 years ago, though. Haven't tried to go back.

BlueTalon

Reaction score
heyu123":3vhi2drm said:

Wait, is that the same staff that doesn't rotate defensive players and let a high draft pick ride the bench all season?

For some reason, I'm flashing to the opening to Life of Brian, and Brian's mom's assessment of the Three Wise Men and their activities:

(in falsetto voice) "That doesn't sound very wise to me."

Babsmack

Reaction score
RolandDeschain":26cq7bcp said:
I'm guessing he really just couldn't get guaranteed money from anyone and the 49ers let him spin his story about requesting it, lol.

Babsmack":26cq7bcp said:

This is:

I know. I'm banned from there, too. For the same reason, actually; posting some stats, rofl. This was like 3 years ago, though. Haven't tried to go back.

Yeah, I heard there were some pretty snotty Mods back in the day. It's a cool place now. Just gotta watch the raw jokes and language there, 49ers allow us to be the "official" board - with restrictions. If one can behave properly, it's a good time. We have many members that are fans of other teams there cause it's a fun place during the workday - passes the time. Including a few from here, the restrictions make it SFW, lol

anyway, back on topic.....

Not sure I like Nnamdi, seems the TO type. Maybe Harbs can fix em!

loafoftatupu

Reaction score
757Niner":2ivcnmvs said:
RolandDeschain":2ivcnmvs said:

They banned you? That's some bullshit, really. I left the webzone years ago...that place is the black hole as far as Niner boards. Even the .com boards have gotten ridiculously anal lately, having to sign-in to view the boards and things of that nature. I go elsewhere to talk about the Niners these days...

As far as Aso, its a meh signing. It doesn't make us better ,talent-wise, it may make us deeper however. Allows us not to have to press a rookie into action if he isnt ready. Aso is no longer a very good starter. But I think he could be a very good 3rd or 4th CB, if motivated. He wasn't guaranteed anything....money nor a starting gig, not even a roster spot so I supposed that's great motivation. We shall see...

There are guys on the .com board doing their best to cry about getting banned on this board. Because as you know, if anyone is glad to hear Pro-Seahawk news from a Seahawks fan, it is the .com board. Where you can't even READ it without being logged in. I actually like some of the guys there, but there is a lot of hyper-sensitivity going on the SF boards these days. The Webzone banned some old dude for talking nice about Russell Wilson, he was an oldschool Niner fan.

As for the signing?...... Championship! Probably as good as or better than Tru. LOL.

757Niner

Reaction score
Babsmack":31ffz9y3 said:
RolandDeschain":31ffz9y3 said:

Babsmack":31ffz9y3 said:

This is:

Yeah, I heard there were some pretty snotty Mods back in the day. It's a cool place now. Just gotta watch the raw jokes and language there, 49ers allow us to be the "official" board - with restrictions. If one can behave properly, it's a good time. We have many members that are fans of other teams there cause it's a fun place during the workday - passes the time. Including a few from here, the restrictions make it SFW, lol

Actually its not. The .com board used to be a very good forum but over the years the posters have become very fair-weather and just plain ignorant on alot of levels. Most of the old-timers who brought good, intelligent insight moved on because it just became pointless being heard through the rhetoric. Now its over-run with irrational thought and knee-jerk, grandiose posturing by the majority. Both the .com boards and the webzone are shells of their former self. Just my opinion of course, but one I've seen echoed quite a few times by Niner fans who used to frequent both forums.

757Niner

Reaction score
loafoftatupu":2pfp8u19 said:
757Niner":2pfp8u19 said:
RolandDeschain":2pfp8u19 said:

There are guys on the .com board doing their best to cry about getting banned on this board. Because as you know, if anyone is glad to hear Pro-Seahawk news from a Seahawks fan, it is the .com board. Where you can't even READ it without being logged in. I actually like some of the guys there, but there is a lot of hyper-sensitivity going on the SF boards these days. The Webzone banned some old dude for talking nice about Russell Wilson, he was an oldschool Niner fan.

Yeah, they seem to be extremely sensitive these days. I lurk from time to time but I rarely ever post there anymore.

Throwdown

Reaction score
As much as it sickens me to say it, might be a diamond signing for hardouche and company. Nnamdi got LOST in zone coverage in Philly, but on the rare occasions they did have him in man he was fine. Aside from the Seahawks guess who else plays a lot of man? SF.

Just happy it isn't Revis :)

Latest posts