Palmer traded to AZ for two donuts and a soda

Subzero717

Reaction score
If I understood correctly Oakland asked him to restructure and he wouldn't. That's crazy a guy that was so cheap in compesation will make so much.

JesterHawk

Reaction score
The Oakland Raiders, turning a 2012 first round pick and 2013 second round pick into a 2014 conditional 7th round pick since 2013.

Go black!

sutz

Reaction score
Man that is stupid. Everybody knows you drink coffee with donuts, not soda.

:229031_shrug:

Throwdown

Reaction score
beautiful! Earl Thomas and Sherm are gonna put this cry baby in his place 2 times a year.

Hamhawk

Reaction score
in perspective I guess we received pretty good compensation for Flynn compared to what Oakland and Cleveland got for Palmer and Mc Coy,...

mikeak

Reaction score
I think he hasn't recovered the strenght from his injury and his mind doesn't realize it. Remember Peyton's game against Atlanta last year? Threw a bunch of picks and it seemed like partially because the arm simply wasn't there. Either Peyton built that up last year or changed his mind to understand what he can and what he can't do (didn't watch him enough to tell).

Point being I don't think Palmer has figured that out and I expect Sherman to have a field day going up against Palmer. I think he will allow space to be created on purpose and just wait for Palmer to put up the underthrown ball that he can pick off

I am excited about this!

Rat

Reaction score
Good deal for the Cards; he's not what he used to be, and won't put them in the Super Bowl, but he's way better than anything else they were going to get. He's a live body with an arm still big enough to get the ball to Larry Fitzgerald.

LoneWolf

Reaction score
Hawksfanatik":2q4b9akz said:
I think he is washed up. Glad Pete Carroll didn't trade for him a couple years ago.

I don't know if I agree necessarily. Sure, he isn't what he used to be, but he isn't washed up.

Carson Palmer compiled 4,000 passing yards last season on an abysmal Raider's team who was missing Darren McFadden most the year. He also had 22TD to 14INT with a respectable 61% completion percentage.

I think this is a reasonable upgrade for Arizona, especially over Skelton and Kolb. While Palmer lacks mobility, he has the arm strength to rifle the ball to Larry Fitszgerald. That, along with Arizona's defense should make them a few games better in my opinion.

12thMan1

Reaction score
I honestly was kinda hoping that the Hawks would have been able to work out a deal to get him as a backup. Though I don't think he would have agreed to come since there's not a snowball's chance in hell of him starting which is what he wants.

RolandDeschain

Reaction score
How did the Raiders let him go for that little? Geez. This off-season has seen some retarded trades. Significant overpayment for Alex Smith, and considerable underpayment for Carson Palmer.

Chukarhawk

Reaction score
he will give the cards something they didnt have last year. A chance to win and an acutal NFL caliber QB.

RolandDeschain

Reaction score
Chukarhawk":em5m2jnm said:
he will give the cards something they didnt have last year. A chance to win and an acutal NFL caliber QB.

Not without a major O-line upgrade, he won't.

Winterfell

Reaction score
I honestly think this makes the Cards more competitive, and the NFC West that much stronger.

If the Cards can find a solid O-lineman in FA and draft a few studs in the early rounds of the draft...watch out.

I'm not saying they'll be better than us, the 49ers, or the Rams, but they won't make it easy, and they'll probably be a lot stronger than most #4 teams in other divisions.

The Cards last year had a good defense, good STs, and good skill position players but their weakness was poor QB play, poor running game, and poor O-line. If you were able to improve all 3 of those weaknesses to "merely" league average, I think you'll see a drastically improved team.

Carson Palmer might revive them in a way similar to, but not in the same degree, that Kurt Warner did in the mid to late 2000s. They're both immobile and statue-like pocket passers but both had good accuracy, touch, and good deep balls.

I'm just saying, don't underestimate the effect of bringing in improved QB play to a team. Russell Wilson made a HUGE difference for us between this season and last season, and although Palmer isn't on par with Wilson, I think he'll influence the Cards positively.

Babsmack

Reaction score
Arizona is our equivalent of Oakland. They deserve each other.

Latest posts