Portis is coming back

Throwdown

Reaction score
JSeahawks":2r59edb7 said:
Portis makes Colt McCoy, Tim Tebow, Tyler Thigpen and all the other dude's we've been talking about look like Hall of Famers.

Screw YOU!

The Outfield

Reaction score
I just like that our FO gives guys a second chance to prove themselves when other teams wouldn't even give a glance.

HawKnPeppa

Reaction score
nwgamer":3fhoe543 said:
I got the impression his nerves were a part of the Oakland game. He just needs some more snaps maybe. He would be a fine resigning imo.
He was just 'playing scared.':cool:

Hawken-Dazs

Reaction score
Portis is the best Seahawk QB I've seen, and I've been around to see them all.

McGruff

Reaction score
T-Sizzle":1qnhl4j9 said:
Josh Portis - QB - Free Agent
ESPN's Chris Mortensen reports the Seahawks plan to re-sign free agent QB Josh Portis.
Portis was signed by the Seahawks as an undrafted free agent following the 2011 draft, but he has never appeared in an NFL game. The soon-to-be 26-year-old was cut from the practice squad last November.

As unfair as the three way competition was to Flynn, Wilson and TJack . . . The guy who was really screwed was Portis, who not only lost valuable game time, but coaching time as well.

The dude has QB skills . . . Raw as he'll still, but a live arm, great size, and incredible athletic ability.

MysterMatt

Reaction score
Dunno. At times he really seemed to show an "it" factor, but then he could look pretty bad too. All in all, if he's in for competition, then I'm cool. Let him, a rookie, and possibly another vet with actual starting experience compete for the backup roles.

Rat

Reaction score
PlinytheCenter":2v1ojxjf said:
Admittedly, he's not the coolest passer under pressure
How do we know that? There has been next to no sample size.

drdiags

Reaction score
CANHawk":bvv9es5d said:
I'll be accepting apologies for the next 15 minutes.

Broken clock being right twice a day (old analog clock that is).

First thing I thought of when I read Portis was re-signed. CANHawk is a genius and a psychic (and a psycho).

Vetamur

Reaction score
Wallace, Thigpen and Portis. I'd be good with that.

Sturm

Reaction score
Dude is perfect for the read option if he can get his crap together.

Vetamur

Reaction score
HAHA. sorry..I meant Wilson. I had just gotten out of the Wallace thread and it was sort of stuck in my head. I like Wallace and all, but his time is past. I feel he is a classic example of one of those "could have been" guys...

Wilson as my starter, Thigpen and Portis as 2a and 2b, depending on the situation and how fast Thigpen picks up the offense.

kidhawk

Reaction score
Portis just signed a contract to play in the CFL last month. It's odd that he'd sign there if there was even a hint that we'd want him back. You'd think we would have picked him up already, as camp fodder at least, if we were even contemplating having him actually be our #2 guy. Something just doesn't seem quite right

Throwdown

Reaction score
Smelly McUgly":h8ni3dhs said:
McGruff":h8ni3dhs said:
Smelly McUgly":h8ni3dhs said:
Portis sucks, ladies and gents.
And you know this, how?

Um, I have seen him play?

Saw him in his first preseason, was ok for an undrafted rookie coming from a small school, 2nd preseason he literally got no reps and was ignored all preseason until Jackson was traded.