Urlacher is in Seattle?

HawksFTW

Reaction score
McG":37ips5vx said:
***If this is real*** I predict 2yrs 6.5-8mil/3.5-4mil guaranteed, with bonus front-loaded and incentive laden.

:pukeface:

jlwaters1

Reaction score
T-Sizzle":2bolkdb1 said:
MLOhawks":2bolkdb1 said:
Why would we want Urlacher? He is old, slow, and expensive. Complete opposite of a Pete/JS player.

Mentor the young Lbers and play a backup role.

ridulous. The whole "mentoring" angle is completely overrated especially at the price it would cost to bring him in. I'm pretty sure KJ and Wagner get plenty of "mentoring" from coach Norton.

mikeak

Reaction score
You can mentor players as an assistant coach and it doesn't take anything away from cap space.........

No more than $2.5 M / year if we sign him

McGruff

Reaction score
McG":2brl2jkv said:
Okay to all the haters out there... this dude is still good, when healthy. If this is legit it would allow them to draft an OLB and let Urlacher play MLB and then move Wagner over to Hills old spot.

***If this is real*** I predict 2yrs 6.5-8mil/3.5-4mil guaranteed, with bonus front-loaded and incentive laden.

And there it is!

jlwaters1

Reaction score
McG":1v52p83s said:
Okay to all the haters out there... this dude is still good, when healthy. If this is legit it would allow them to draft an OLB and let Urlacher play MLB and then move Wagner over to Hills old spot.

Here'e the operative word. The guy is 34 and has had a multitude of injuries. What makes you think he'll get through a whole season?

bigtrain21

Reaction score
jlwaters1":2v8qohvb said:
Here'e the operative word. The guy is 34 and has had a multitude of injuries. What makes you think he'll get through a whole season?

He played 16 in 2010 & 2011 and was on his way to playing 16 games last year before the hamstring injury cost him the last 4 games. I don't think it is out of the realm of possibility that he plays all 16 games in 2013.

HawksFTW

Reaction score
bigtrain21":5eq14jd8 said:
and was on his way to playing 16 games last year before the hamstring injury cost him the last 4 games.

Isn't everyone on their way to playing 16 games before they get hurt? What an odd thing to say.

bigtrain21

Reaction score
HawksFTW":31evtf6s said:
bigtrain21":31evtf6s said:
and was on his way to playing 16 games last year before the hamstring injury cost him the last 4 games.

Isn't everyone on their way to playing 16 games before they get hurt? What an odd thing to say.

Not a guy that starts the season on the PUP.
Not a guy that misses a couple games with nagging injuries before they get a major injury.
Not the backup QB who comes in after the starter gets hurt and gets hurt himself.

My point was that he had played the last 46 bears games before the hamstring injury cost him the last 4.

SE174

Reaction score
The Outfield":3p292m3n said:
Sandpoint Hawk":3p292m3n said:
I'd love to get him if this is true.. Maybe a family visit but still.

Good point, he was born in Pasco, WA.
Really? I'm from the TC, and had no idea.

HawksFTW

Reaction score
bigtrain21":jzxij3s2 said:
HawksFTW":jzxij3s2 said:
bigtrain21":jzxij3s2 said:

Not a guy that starts the season on the PUP.
Not a guy that misses a couple games with nagging injuries before they get a major injury.
Not the backup QB who comes in after the starter gets hurt and gets hurt himself.

My point was that he had played the last 46 bears games before the hamstring injury cost him the last 4.

All of those examples are AFTER someone gets hurt :th2thumbs:

But to your point...do you think an aging MLB who has had not only nagging injuries but serious injuries stands more or less of a chance of missing games as time goes on? Basically, even without an injury history the likelihood of Urlacher completing a 16 game season goes down drastically with each passing season.

TheHawkster

Reaction score
SeahawksFanForever":18y7l8kr said:
@fan12hawks: My friend just saw urlacher getting off the plane at SeaTac

BGzGqpKCAAI4BwJ.jpg

dc8f2dd2b1a450c19188403af6a21fb2.jpg

Just a blurry coincidence?

bigtrain21

Reaction score
HawksFTW":1xpga3c6 said:
All of those examples are AFTER someone gets hurt :th2thumbs:

But to your point...do you think an aging MLB who has had not only nagging injuries but serious injuries stands more or less of a chance of missing games as time goes on? Basically, even without an injury history the likelihood of Urlacher completing a 16 game season goes down drastically with each passing season.

Right, my point was he made it to game 12 without missing any games. He didn't have nagging injuries that kept him out of a bunch of games.

Of course the older you get the more likely you are to get injured but I don't think that means you have to stay away from him.

So I am watching his game against the Seahawks which ended up being his last game of the season. He looks to me like he does a good job of filling gaps in run defense but he definitely is a bit slow. He made a nice strip of Lynch when he was on top of a pile. I think the whistle should have blown the play dead but this was Mike Carey's crew.

He made a really nice play covering Zach Miller. Hit him right when the ball got there on 3rd and short and did a great job of diagnosing the play.

Overall, I think it depends on what you want your middle linebacker doing. If you play him right he could be good.

I think I would rather just draft a young linebacker.