Register    Login    Forum    Search    FAQ    Contact Us  Your donations are greatly appreciated! Donate  Chat Room

Board index » SEAHAWKS.NET - THE VOICE OF THE 12TH MAN » [ THE SPORTS BAR ]




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 945 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19  Next
Author Message
 Post subject: Re: EPL 2012-2013
 Post Posted: Sun Mar 10, 2013 1:51 pm 
* NET Starfish *
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Sun Jun 14, 2009 6:29 am
Posts: 10224
Location: Helm's Deep
Yeah, I agree particularly on the Coutinho one, Simon. The sturridge one - there was definitely contact, but not enough to warrant that reaction from Dean.

Really liking the way Coutinho handles himself. He's deadly on the ball, plays with pace and skill. Suarez continues to be the best player in the league for me. Bale is extremely good, but Suarez just changes the entire game when he's on the pitch. Lovely to watch him, Coutinho and Sturridge on the pitch together causing massive headaches for defenses.

Downing's goal was well-taken, too, I thought. Kind of a gift, but he was decisive and nutmeg'd it in through Vertonghen's legs.

Agree about SPurs not needing to worry about CL place, though. I think Everton are going to fall away, and Arsenal are still just as inconsistent as ever. I genuinely think we can challenge Chelsea for that 4th place. Gonna be a great wee run-in!

_________________
Rzzzzz...


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: EPL 2012-2013
 Post Posted: Sun Mar 10, 2013 2:34 pm 
NET Rookie
Offline

Joined: Sun Oct 09, 2011 5:48 pm
Posts: 105
This is actually one of those defeats which I don't know how to react to. Obviously it's highly frustrating to lose a game, especially when you are twelve unbeaten and against a team inferior to yours, but when you play pretty well and only lose due to some sheer idiotic decision making from some of your weaker players it's hard to feel down. At the end of the day though those three points would have been absolutely crucial, it would have killed Liverpool off once and for all and given us a huge cushion over Arsenal and a five point gap over Chelsea. When we went 2-1 up, we had further chances to kill the game off and seemed in control and i genuinely was thinking about what a huge result it would have been. Anfield is a notoriously difficult ground to go to, somewhere historically we haven't done very well at all until the past few years and so it's very strange now that we go there expecting to win and are very disappointed when it doesn't go our way.

I didn't think we started particularly brightly, that may have been due to the game on thursday, or just showing them a bit too much respect after their previous results but Liverpool were on top for the first fifteen to twenty minutes. The other problem I thought at the time was the team were not adapting very well to the change of shape/system that Lennon's injury had forced upon us and Dembele wasn't able to assert his usual influence from out on the right hand side. After this early spell though we got into the game a bit better and I thought we had begun to play our usual game when Liverpool went and scored. It was a nice goal from them, and a lovely finish from that scrote Suarez but I question what Walker was doing on the edge of the box. Nowhere near strong enough and let the ball get played through. He should have done everything he could to stop that being played, bring him down if you have to, but don't give him a free pass into their best player.

After the goal Liverpool picked up their form again for five minutes or so but then we came right back into the game. We gave them such a warning with Gylfi's shot that just went wide. That was probably the move of the match and I still can't believe he didn't hit the target. It was a lovely flick from Gareth to set him free too. However the next sequence of events was highly frustrating. Gerrard firstly somehow escapes a booking for a highly cynical foul on Gylfi when he is breaking free and then secondly evades one again when he goes elbow first into Bale. It was a very dangerous challenge and worthy of at least a yellow, if not a red, but Oliver bottles it at Anfield. How anyone could have any complaints about that free kick is beyond me.

Anyway just before half time we got what our pressure deserved and equalised through the second best Spurs player on the pitch. Lovely ball in from Gareth and Jan is there to guide it home. It was a really important goal for us on the stroke of half time because it allowed us to come out and just carry on with what we were doing, nothing drastic had to be done.

Second half starts with us on top again and obviously we go two one up. Jan with a lovely left foot finish again. He was superb again today, his goals obviously were a bonus, but at the back his timing in the tackle is next to perfect. He's forming a really nice partnership with Dawson and it's a privilege to have him. Absolute steal of a transfer. He really is so cultured on the ball, his touch is not befitting that of a centre half but that of a creative player up the pitch.

After the goal we had several chances just to kill the game off, the best falling to Gylfi who hit the post for the umpteen time this season, and we were cruising I thought. Liverpool really didn't cause us too many problems at all until we managed to gift them the two goals. Firstly from a horrendous pass by Walker which Lloris failed to deal with and secondly with a shambolic touch by Defoe allowing Suarez to do what he does best and go down easily in the box.

It's really frustrating that we were played really well and got ourselves into the lead, only to shoot ourselves in the foot and gift them two goals to win the game. It was no surprise that it was our three weakest players out there that cost us. Firstly Walker really is a liability at times. He must be the most stupid footballer in the league. He just doesn't have a brain at all. It's just pace and strength with him. He gets himself and us out of perilous situations sometimes with his ability to recover but often he's made the error in the first place. Today he played a ludicrous pass back to Downing who although got a bit lucky with the break of the ball was able to finish. Why would anyone ever play that pass?

Secondly Defoe. I was slagging him off all game, he was absolutely anonymous, barely touched the ball and literally offered nothing to anyone as an outlet. He was a waste of space as he always is in the big games and even though Adebayor has been dreadful this season, he never plays that badly, at least he will make himself available and get on the ball. The mis control just put the icing on the cake of his performance. What was he even trying to do and he just played Suarez in perfectly. Ekotto was poor and it was a clumsy challenge, although Im still not convinced by it, but he was put in a terrible position by our 'striker'.

Thirdly, Livermore. Now, defensively he did alright today, and doesn't deserve the same criticism of the other two, but offensively he is useless, offered us nothing at all and slowed down so many attacks. He isn't good enough for our team and how he has an England cap I will never know.

The main positive today other than Super Jan was his Belgian compatriot Mousa Dembele. Unbelievable performance from him. Liverpool couldn't handle his ability on the ball today, it just stuck to his foot and he glides past people with ease. He was thrust out onto the right which is by no means his strongest position but he was still able to have a massive influence on the game and ran the show for us. He had a poor spell in the middle of the season but he seems to be back to his best now. Shame Sandro got injured because there partnership in the middle was outstanding.

We are still third in the league and although that would have been a really big win for us we need to move on and get the points against Fulham. This was one of those games we didn't have to win and so it isn't the end of the world, but we need to regroup now.

We also need to get Lennon back soon. I hope people realise how important he is to us. He's ridiculously underrated by non Spurs fans and is the vital cog to this team.


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: EPL 2012-2013
 Post Posted: Sun Mar 10, 2013 4:13 pm 
* NET Starfish *
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Sun Jun 14, 2009 6:29 am
Posts: 10224
Location: Helm's Deep
Storts wrote:
TL;DR


What a load of shit.

_________________
Rzzzzz...


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: EPL 2012-2013
 Post Posted: Sun Mar 10, 2013 4:30 pm 
NET Veteran
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Sat Mar 03, 2007 8:34 am
Posts: 4197
Inferior? What he does best?

Christ on a bike....

Thanks storts. If it was possible to feel better about the win I do.


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: EPL 2012-2013
 Post Posted: Sun Mar 10, 2013 5:24 pm 
NET Rookie
Offline

Joined: Sun Oct 09, 2011 5:48 pm
Posts: 105
Uncle Si wrote:
Inferior? What he does best?

Christ on a bike....

Thanks storts. If it was possible to feel better about the win I do.


You are an inferior side to us, there can be no doubt about it.


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: EPL 2012-2013
 Post Posted: Sun Mar 10, 2013 5:40 pm 
NET Starter
Offline

Joined: Mon Jul 11, 2011 12:34 am
Posts: 405
Storts wrote:
After the goal we had several chances just to kill the game off, the best falling to Gylfi who hit the post for the umpteen time this season, and we were cruising I thought. Firstly from a horrendous pass by Walker which Lloris failed to deal with and secondly with a shambolic touch by Defoe allowing Suarez to do what he does best and go down easily in the box.


Fancy meeting you here, Gareth. Welcome to Seahawks.net. Funny how when you don't score, your team doesn't win. I believe there is a sale on sunglasses and sunblock, both will be essential for your new home in Spain next year. TTFN!


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: EPL 2012-2013
 Post Posted: Sun Mar 10, 2013 5:47 pm 
NET Veteran
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Sat Mar 03, 2007 8:34 am
Posts: 4197
Storts wrote:
Uncle Si wrote:
Inferior? What he does best?

Christ on a bike....

Thanks storts. If it was possible to feel better about the win I do.


You are an inferior side to us, there can be no doubt about it.


Obviously judging by the scoreline... and how well you played... and your rich history of winning. Your riding Bale. It won't last.

Your squad got outplayed and like a child whose mom makes him eat his veggies, you're bitter.

When Spurs win something come discuss your superiority... until then you're a good team who was in form but got beat by a good squad.

Take your thumb out your mouth Storts


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: EPL 2012-2013
 Post Posted: Mon Mar 11, 2013 12:19 am 
NET Veteran
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Sat Feb 12, 2011 12:12 pm
Posts: 1205
Gutted. Well done, Liverpool. In the end I wasn't able to watch the game and haven't seen any highlights yet, but from what I've read it seems as though we lost from a winning position because of our weak links (full backs and striker) not bring up to it. This complrtely ignores the fact that Liverpool did well to come back and win, but from a Spurs perspective the fact that the manner of the defeat was predictable is frustrating.


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: EPL 2012-2013
 Post Posted: Mon Mar 11, 2013 3:59 am 
NET Rookie
Offline

Joined: Sun Oct 09, 2011 5:48 pm
Posts: 105
Uncle Si wrote:
Obviously judging by the scoreline... and how well you played... and your rich history of winning. Your riding Bale. It won't last.
Your squad got outplayed and like a child whose mom makes him eat his veggies, you're bitter.

When Spurs win something come discuss your superiority... until then you're a good team who was in form but got beat by a good squad.

Take your thumb out your mouth Storts


Ha, how ridiculous. I don't even know where to start.

We are a better side than you now, history means nothing in this argument. We have finished above you three years in a row and I look forward to doing it a fourth time. We hadn't lost in our previous 5 games against you either.

That is such a lazy argument saying we are riding on Bale considering what Suarez does with you, but I wouldn't be so naive to suggest you're a one man team as you seem to be insinuating we are, pretty comical actually.

We most certainly were not outplayed, don't think you'll find many people in the British public or press that would agree with you. We edged the game and shot ourselves in the foot with stupid errors from stupid players. We were cruising at 2-1 up and should have killed the game off. You're a decent team and it's no shame to lose at Anfield but I am very disappointed as I felt we did more than enough to win the game


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: EPL 2012-2013
 Post Posted: Mon Mar 11, 2013 4:01 am 
NET Rookie
Offline

Joined: Sun Oct 09, 2011 5:48 pm
Posts: 105
InSuarezWeTrust wrote:

Fancy meeting you here, Gareth. Welcome to Seahawks.net. Funny how when you don't score, your team doesn't win. I believe there is a sale on sunglasses and sunblock, both will be essential for your new home in Spain next year. TTFN!


Laughable.


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: EPL 2012-2013
 Post Posted: Mon Mar 11, 2013 4:19 am 
NET Veteran
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Sat Mar 03, 2007 8:34 am
Posts: 4197
Bale has plaayed a part in 90% of your goals over your last 12. ... not that naive. And there isn't anything wrong with riding one of the best players in the world. Suarez has been 75%.

Look storts, I like Spurs. Like what they do, like how they carry themselves. Said so in earlier posts. You came on here whinging about inferiority and slagging off Suarez.

I think its really naive to suggest you could "kill the game off" for 35 minutes. If you honestly thought the drama was gone after 2-1 then you're either extremely overvaluing your team or haven't been following Liverpool (or the rest of the PL) that much. Liverpool have led the PL in scoring since December and are 4th in points since that time. On form, Liverpool isn't inferior. The last 35 was going to be frenetic no matter what. You could have been a goal up on Reading and they would have made it interesting. Either way, game was enjoyable. Played with pace, pressure and excitement

You're right, you made errors as did Liverpool in the two set pieces. The game was far from put to bed at any point, and while the "british press" (known for their objectivity ofcourse) may be willing to pass off the defeat for Spurs as a minor bump, all will agree what a big win it is for Liverpool.


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: EPL 2012-2013
 Post Posted: Mon Mar 11, 2013 8:20 am 
NET Veteran
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Sat Mar 03, 2007 8:34 am
Posts: 4197
Hawkspur wrote:
Gutted. Well done, Liverpool. In the end I wasn't able to watch the game and haven't seen any highlights yet, but from what I've read it seems as though we lost from a winning position because of our weak links (full backs and striker) not bring up to it. This complrtely ignores the fact that Liverpool did well to come back and win, but from a Spurs perspective the fact that the manner of the defeat was predictable is frustrating.


I think thats a bit hard on your side, Hawkspur. The mistake that led to the 2nd goal was comical, to say the least... but despite the 20 minutes to start the second half in which Spurs held the ball well, the game was very even. Once the game was drawn Liverpool elevated to the front foot.

Hard to imagine that Spurs were planning on keeping the ball the entire 2nd half (as Storts believe they should have to my lowly, inferior side). Liverpool actually did very well the last 30 minutes of controlling the middle of the field and limiting Spurs chances, despite struggling to create their own.

As for Liverpool, we know we were fortunate to get even. Its fortuitous to finally get the break. To be honest, if a Spurs fan wants to ring up the loss to Walker, they'd be hypocritically ignoring the very poor circumstances in which they scored both goals, or the shambolic display by the ref in letting atleast one, if not two previous penalty shouts go unheard. (peaches thinks Coutinhos was but Sturrdiges was soft, i thought they were both legitimate).

either way, despite Storts contentions otherwise, the game was never in hand by Spurs. I thought they played frenetic, passionate football and deserved a draw. the loss was a kick in the stomach, but one i'm happy my team delivered instead of received


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: EPL 2012-2013
 Post Posted: Wed Mar 13, 2013 9:44 pm 
NET Veteran
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Tue Jan 11, 2011 7:29 pm
Posts: 1678
Location: SW Florida
Quick question, which run in looks more favorable on paper:

Arsenal
@ Swansea
vs Reading
@ West Brom
vs Norwich
vs Everton
@ Fulham
vs Man United
@ QPR
vs Wigan

Spurs
vs Fulham
@ Swansea
vs Everton
@ Chelsea
vs Man City
@ Wigan
vs Southampton
@ Stoke City
vs Sunderland

Chelsea
vs West Ham
@ Southampton
vs Sunderland
vs Spurs
@ Liverpool
vs Swansea
@ Man United
@ Aston Villa
vs Everton

For me I think Arsenal does as their two toughest matches remaining, in my mind(Man U and Everton), are home matches, Chelsea and Spurs have to pay each other(Spurs do that in the middle of a run that includes City, Everton and away to Swansea), and the possible match congestion due to Spurs and Chelsea's cup obligations could play a factor as well. In the end I think the Top 4 battle could and probably will come down to the final game yet again, Liverpool might sneak into the fight they only have Chelsea to face, but both Arsenal and Chelsea have a game in hand also. And then Everton, I don't really know what's gonna happen with them as they seem to be all over the place lately.


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: EPL 2012-2013
 Post Posted: Thu Mar 14, 2013 4:10 am 
* NET Starfish *
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Sun Jun 14, 2009 6:29 am
Posts: 10224
Location: Helm's Deep
Actually, I reckon Liverpool's run in is the most favorable of all. I'm totes biased, though...

_________________
Rzzzzz...


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: EPL 2012-2013
 Post Posted: Thu Mar 14, 2013 4:17 am 
NET Veteran
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Sat Mar 03, 2007 8:34 am
Posts: 4197
Arsenal and Liverpool have the easier run ins (on paper) with Everton and Spurs the more difficult. Trying to pick winners in the PL this year is far too difficult to try. Chelsea and Spurs still seem the favorites for Rth, with Arsenal and Liverpool to battle for 5th. Evertons schedule looks to have them drop. But this is their time of year.

Based on current form (and taking into account Arsenals win yesterday, and future cup ties) id say:

United
City
Spurs
Chelsea
Liverpool
Arsenal
Everton

Arsenal is the wild card here, with the ability to jump to 4th or fall to 7th


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: EPL 2012-2013
 Post Posted: Thu Mar 14, 2013 9:20 am 
NET Veteran
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Tue Jan 11, 2011 7:29 pm
Posts: 1678
Location: SW Florida
I think the biggest X-Factor for Arsenal is their record against clubs below them in the table, only 1 of their losses have come to a club below them in the table at the time of the match, 2 losses against clubs below them in the table at the current moment. Only problem is that those 2 losses have come against Swansea and Norwich, who Arsenal have left to play the return fixtures.

Chelsea is their own worst enemy at this moment as they always seem to create an illusion that they're turning the corner, only to take 2 steps back when we aren't looking. Spurs will probably finish Top 4 if they can get by that daunting 4 game run where they face Swansea, Chelsea, Everton and City. Everton seems to be on a mission to hurt themselves and Liverpool seem to be relying more on Suarez with each game.

I think Si is right, Arsenal do have that kind of style where it seems that they can finish Top 4 or 7th. In the end I think it will end up being Spurs and Arsenal(namely cause the Gunners always find a way into the Top 4 similar to how Wigan always finds a way to stay in the EPL), Liverpool or Chelsea will finish 5th.


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: EPL 2012-2013
 Post Posted: Thu Mar 14, 2013 5:51 pm 
NET Veteran
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Sat Mar 03, 2007 8:34 am
Posts: 4197
Gatehawk wrote:
I think the biggest X-Factor for Arsenal is their record against clubs below them in the table, only 1 of their losses have come to a club below them in the table at the time of the match, 2 losses against clubs below them in the table at the current moment. Only problem is that those 2 losses have come against Swansea and Norwich, who Arsenal have left to play the return fixtures.

Chelsea is their own worst enemy at this moment as they always seem to create an illusion that they're turning the corner, only to take 2 steps back when we aren't looking. Spurs will probably finish Top 4 if they can get by that daunting 4 game run where they face Swansea, Chelsea, Everton and City. Everton seems to be on a mission to hurt themselves and Liverpool seem to be relying more on Suarez with each game.

I think Si is right, Arsenal do have that kind of style where it seems that they can finish Top 4 or 7th. In the end I think it will end up being Spurs and Arsenal(namely cause the Gunners always find a way into the Top 4 similar to how Wigan always finds a way to stay in the EPL), Liverpool or Chelsea will finish 5th.



Liverpool has the best record against teams in the bottom ten, and play 7 of 9 in that part of the table. I like that run in. But, like Arsenal, both teams are so dramatically inconsistent its hard to say where they land.

While we know that Chelsea will struggle, but also nick points, its really down to whether Liverpool or Arsenal (or both) can take advantage of their run in and play with the form they are capable.

Hard to put faith in that, given how the season has gone. Liverpool have been on quite the run, but I catn put faith they can take 20+ of 27 (which they need to challenge for 4th)


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: EPL 2012-2013
 Post Posted: Fri Mar 15, 2013 5:31 am 
NET Veteran
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Sat Mar 03, 2007 8:34 am
Posts: 4197
Liverpool's CL chances (in percentages)

0 f---ing percent

horrid


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: EPL 2012-2013
 Post Posted: Sat Mar 16, 2013 9:01 am 
* NET Starfish *
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Sun Jun 14, 2009 6:29 am
Posts: 10224
Location: Helm's Deep
*sigh*

Well, there goes that.

_________________
Rzzzzz...


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: EPL 2012-2013
 Post Posted: Sat Mar 16, 2013 9:26 am 
NET Veteran
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Tue Jan 11, 2011 7:29 pm
Posts: 1678
Location: SW Florida
That was a great result for Arsenal today. Awesome that Nacho got his first goal, and how important it could be we'll find out, and even more amazing is that Gervinho scored a quality goal for once. Swansea should feel hard done as they were good in the midfield but the final third, on both sides of the pitch, they were just horrific at times. The best way to describe Swansea today was that they played with a sword against their throat and it got pushed in. Fabianski didn't have to work much seeing as the Swans didn't have a shot on target, Michu of course was the closest with that shot that went around the post. I also feel Oxlade-Chamberlain deserved a goal for his performance in the first half, sucks he didn't get it but oh well.


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: EPL 2012-2013
 Post Posted: Sat Mar 16, 2013 3:36 pm 
NET Rookie
Offline

Joined: Sun Oct 09, 2011 5:48 pm
Posts: 105
Gatehawk wrote:
That was a great result for Arsenal today. Awesome that Nacho got his first goal, and how important it could be we'll find out, and even more amazing is that Gervinho scored a quality goal for once. Swansea should feel hard done as they were good in the midfield but the final third, on both sides of the pitch, they were just horrific at times. The best way to describe Swansea today was that they played with a sword against their throat and it got pushed in. Fabianski didn't have to work much seeing as the Swans didn't have a shot on target, Michu of course was the closest with that shot that went around the post. I also feel Oxlade-Chamberlain deserved a goal for his performance in the first half, sucks he didn't get it but oh well.



Gervinho's was hardly a quality goal. He was in acres of space one on one and finished it as any player in that position should.

Either way you deserved to win today, Swansea were poor, didn't really create anything and it seems they will just cruise through to the end of the season in second gear, hopefully it will be the same when we play them in two weeks time.

Don't need to say anything about Liverpool


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: EPL 2012-2013
 Post Posted: Sat Mar 16, 2013 4:22 pm 
NET Veteran
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Tue Jan 11, 2011 7:29 pm
Posts: 1678
Location: SW Florida
Storts wrote:
Gatehawk wrote:
That was a great result for Arsenal today. Awesome that Nacho got his first goal, and how important it could be we'll find out, and even more amazing is that Gervinho scored a quality goal for once. Swansea should feel hard done as they were good in the midfield but the final third, on both sides of the pitch, they were just horrific at times. The best way to describe Swansea today was that they played with a sword against their throat and it got pushed in. Fabianski didn't have to work much seeing as the Swans didn't have a shot on target, Michu of course was the closest with that shot that went around the post. I also feel Oxlade-Chamberlain deserved a goal for his performance in the first half, sucks he didn't get it but oh well.



Gervinho's was hardly a quality goal. He was in acres of space one on one and finished it as any player in that position should.

Either way you deserved to win today, Swansea were poor, didn't really create anything and it seems they will just cruise through to the end of the season in second gear, hopefully it will be the same when we play them in two weeks time.

Don't need to say anything about Liverpool


Maybe I should rephrase that, that goal by Gervinho was quality by his standards, mostly cause we've seen him muck up easier chances than that one, and that was easy to begin with.

I really like what I'm seeing from Arsenal's defense the last two games. Shutting down that dangerous Bayern attack, and limiting Swansea to zero shots on target, and making Michu seem nearly invisible(first time I've seen him like that). Arsenal should have a simple run with Reading, West Brom and Norwich until they host Everton in 3 1/2 weeks. I do see WBA being a pain in the butt but not sure about the other two and hopefully this Arsenal, from the last two games, stays for a while.


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: EPL 2012-2013
 Post Posted: Sun Mar 17, 2013 9:07 am 
NET Veteran
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Tue Jan 11, 2011 7:29 pm
Posts: 1678
Location: SW Florida
And with that, talk of a Spurs meltdown is heating up big time. Should Chelsea win, they'll go 3rd and Arsenal could 1 point behind Tottenham(or jump over them) if results fall in the Gunners favor the next week or two. Now Spurs are in the same position as Arsenal where they can't not afford to drop points, especially with the next 4 games, 3 of which are against top 6 clubs in the table.


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: EPL 2012-2013
 Post Posted: Sun Mar 17, 2013 10:44 am 
NET Veteran
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Sat Mar 03, 2007 8:34 am
Posts: 4197
Don't need to say anything about Liverpool[/quote]


Or Spurs.....


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: EPL 2012-2013
 Post Posted: Sun Mar 17, 2013 10:49 am 
* NET Starfish *
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Sun Jun 14, 2009 6:29 am
Posts: 10224
Location: Helm's Deep
Uncle Si wrote:
Don't need to say anything about Liverpool



Or Spurs.....[/quote]

:thirishdrinkers:

_________________
Rzzzzz...


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: EPL 2012-2013
 Post Posted: Sun Mar 17, 2013 11:00 am 
NET Rookie
Offline

Joined: Sun Oct 09, 2011 5:48 pm
Posts: 105
Touché


Shocking performance that I really can't be bothered to analyse.

We miss Lennon greatly and didn't have a single player perform well. Oh well need this break to regroup for Swansea


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: EPL 2012-2013
 Post Posted: Sun Mar 17, 2013 7:30 pm 
NET Starter
Offline

Joined: Mon Jul 11, 2011 12:34 am
Posts: 405
Ha. Fulham with the lesson in humility.


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: EPL 2012-2013
 Post Posted: Mon Mar 18, 2013 9:43 am 
NET Veteran
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Tue Jan 11, 2011 7:29 pm
Posts: 1678
Location: SW Florida
Storts wrote:
Touché


Shocking performance that I really can't be bothered to analyse.

We miss Lennon greatly and didn't have a single player perform well. Oh well need this break to regroup for Swansea


Seemed like Bale also went missing for a while after that knock he took in the first half, fooled me into thinking he was subbed off.

I do think Arsenal caught somewhat of a break with how Swansea played, more to do with lack of quality by Swansea in the final 3rd and Arsenal defensive performance, and I don't really think that'll happen again for Spurs.


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: EPL 2012-2013
 Post Posted: Sun Mar 31, 2013 10:50 am 
NET Starter
Offline

Joined: Mon Jul 11, 2011 12:34 am
Posts: 405
Status quo at the top of the table. Reading and QPR look like near locks for the drop and Villa didn't do anything to convince me they are staying up either.


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: EPL 2012-2013
 Post Posted: Sun Mar 31, 2013 5:48 pm 
NET Veteran
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Tue Jan 11, 2011 7:29 pm
Posts: 1678
Location: SW Florida
InSuarezWeTrust wrote:
Status quo at the top of the table.


Well to an extent, as Chelsea mucked up an easy looking game like the one against Southampton, it seemed to me like they had one eye on that FA Cup replay on Monday.

As for Arsenal, nice to see them dominate a game the way they did, though Reading didn't look like a threat all game, even when they did score that only seemed like the one time in the entire game, in my opinion, where Arsenal didn't pay any attention. It was also great to see Gervinho play great for the majority of his time on the pitch, probably was a bit greedy at times but he played a part in Arsenal's first 3 goals and that's actually good to see, though it also reminded me of how bad his performances he's been for the most part this season.


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: EPL 2012-2013
 Post Posted: Sun Mar 31, 2013 6:05 pm 
NET Veteran
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Sat Mar 03, 2007 8:34 am
Posts: 4197
Southampton away is not an easy fixture. They play aggressive and attractive football


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: EPL 2012-2013
 Post Posted: Sun Mar 31, 2013 6:21 pm 
NET Veteran
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Tue Jan 11, 2011 7:29 pm
Posts: 1678
Location: SW Florida
Uncle Si wrote:
Southampton away is not an easy fixture. They play aggressive and attractive football


That is true considering who's walked out of the there with a draw or loss.


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: EPL 2012-2013
 Post Posted: Mon Apr 01, 2013 10:00 am 
NET Veteran
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Sat Mar 03, 2007 8:34 am
Posts: 4197
Gatehawk wrote:
Uncle Si wrote:
Southampton away is not an easy fixture. They play aggressive and attractive football


That is true considering who's walked out of the there with a draw or loss.



I like the way they play alot... was concerned it may fall off with the new coach but his high pressing style has them buzzing at home.

Better fixtures this weekend with some interesting matchups:

Arsenal away at West Brom. WBA reeling but still dangerous

Spurs host Everton

City/United

Liverpool host Andy Carroll and recently in form West Ham team

Chelsea follow up their win today with slagging Sunderland.

Won't see much movement as far as placement but may see some teams get closer together.


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: EPL 2012-2013
 Post Posted: Mon Apr 01, 2013 10:57 am 
NET Starter
Offline

Joined: Mon Jul 11, 2011 12:34 am
Posts: 405
Andy Carroll can't play against Liverpool, due to being on loan from LFC, correct?


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: EPL 2012-2013
 Post Posted: Tue Apr 02, 2013 6:25 am 
NET Veteran
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Sat Mar 03, 2007 8:34 am
Posts: 4197
InSuarezWeTrust wrote:
Andy Carroll can't play against Liverpool, due to being on loan from LFC, correct?



That would make sense actually...

did you see his second goal against West Brom? thing of beauty. I cant wait to have him back up top running around with Suarez, Coutinho.

Imagine this:

Johnson Skrtel Agger Enrique

Lucas Gerrard

Henderson

Sturridge Carroll Suarez Coutinho








(oh wait...)


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: EPL 2012-2013
 Post Posted: Tue Apr 02, 2013 6:39 am 
* NET Starfish *
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Sun Jun 14, 2009 6:29 am
Posts: 10224
Location: Helm's Deep
Carroll is gone for good. Can't tell if you were being sarcastic or not. Quite tired.


Here, anyone think QPR are gonna go down regardless? Not even 'Arry can save that lot. They have some talent on that team, too. Defense is shambolic, though.

_________________
Rzzzzz...


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: EPL 2012-2013
 Post Posted: Tue Apr 02, 2013 8:03 am 
NET Veteran
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Sat Mar 03, 2007 8:34 am
Posts: 4197
peachesenregalia wrote:
Carroll is gone for good. Can't tell if you were being sarcastic or not. Quite tired.


Here, anyone think QPR are gonna go down regardless? Not even 'Arry can save that lot. They have some talent on that team, too. Defense is shambolic, though.



definitely sarcastic..

QPR is down. My guess would be Reading and Villa join them. I hope Villa stay up. rather have Sunderland drop


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: EPL 2012-2013
 Post Posted: Tue Apr 02, 2013 8:34 am 
* NET Starfish *
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Sun Jun 14, 2009 6:29 am
Posts: 10224
Location: Helm's Deep
Uncle Si wrote:
peachesenregalia wrote:
Carroll is gone for good. Can't tell if you were being sarcastic or not. Quite tired.


Here, anyone think QPR are gonna go down regardless? Not even 'Arry can save that lot. They have some talent on that team, too. Defense is shambolic, though.



definitely sarcastic..

QPR is down. My guess would be Reading and Villa join them. I hope Villa stay up. rather have Sunderland drop


Man, What happened to MON this year? Starting to think he may not have his old magic anymore, in which case I'm glad NESV stayed away from him and went with Rodgers.

_________________
Rzzzzz...


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: EPL 2012-2013
 Post Posted: Tue Apr 02, 2013 8:45 am 
NET Veteran
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Sat Mar 03, 2007 8:34 am
Posts: 4197
I think you're seeing a shift in mentality in the PL. Basically have three mentalities: quick, attacking passes, defend and counter, or possess and break down. You can identify the teams that do what (or try). But there is Alot more focus on possession and passing. Watching Southampton, Swansea, Reading, and even Villa, there is a concerted effort to unbalance teams with passing instead of just driving it down their throat. Sunderland (and Stoke) havent changed their mentality towards the game and are struggling.

MON will find a job. May not be in the PL, but he's on someone's shortlist.


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: EPL 2012-2013
 Post Posted: Tue Apr 02, 2013 8:51 am 
* NET Starfish *
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Sun Jun 14, 2009 6:29 am
Posts: 10224
Location: Helm's Deep
Maybe on the continent? Bundesliga maybe?

_________________
Rzzzzz...


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: EPL 2012-2013
 Post Posted: Tue Apr 02, 2013 9:14 am 
NET Starter
Offline

Joined: Mon Jul 11, 2011 12:34 am
Posts: 405
IMHO Whatever we get from the sale of Carroll needs to be invested into the defense/goalkeeper situation. We essentially have 1.75 worthy league CB's starters after Carragher retires.

Reina is decent at times, and doesn't look terrible too much but I think we can do better if we spend mid-tier money.


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: EPL 2012-2013
 Post Posted: Tue Apr 02, 2013 9:36 am 
NET Veteran
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Sat Mar 03, 2007 8:34 am
Posts: 4197
peachesenregalia wrote:
Maybe on the continent? Bundesliga maybe?

that would be a good fit... or the Championship.

Take on QPR? 'arry wont stay when they are relegated


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: EPL 2012-2013
 Post Posted: Tue Apr 02, 2013 10:32 pm 
NET Veteran
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Tue Jan 11, 2011 7:29 pm
Posts: 1678
Location: SW Florida
Uncle Si wrote:
Arsenal away at West Brom. WBA reeling but still dangerous


The only real downer for Arsenal is that Marton Furlop isn't gonna be in goal to screw things up for the Baggies this time.


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: EPL 2012-2013
 Post Posted: Wed Apr 03, 2013 1:37 am 
NET Veteran
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Sat Feb 12, 2011 12:12 pm
Posts: 1205
Gatehawk wrote:
Uncle Si wrote:
Arsenal away at West Brom. WBA reeling but still dangerous


The only real downer for Arsenal is that Marton Furlop isn't gonna be in goal to screw things up for the Baggies this time.


Quoted for truth.

Someone needed to tell Fulop to wait til after the game to start sniffing ether.
I hope Arsenal forwarded him a decent chunk of their Champions League revenue from this seaon.


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: EPL 2012-2013
 Post Posted: Wed Apr 03, 2013 8:27 am 
NET Veteran
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Tue Jan 11, 2011 7:29 pm
Posts: 1678
Location: SW Florida
I think this match could end up being a good one between Arsenal and West Brom, though I think Arsenal's confidence is too high right now for West Brom to get something out of it, it might be close, but it'll be really upsetting right now if Arsenal get anything other than a win.


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: EPL 2012-2013
 Post Posted: Wed Apr 03, 2013 8:32 am 
* NET Starfish *
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Sun Jun 14, 2009 6:29 am
Posts: 10224
Location: Helm's Deep
Gatehawk wrote:
I think this match could end up being a good one between Arsenal and West Brom, though I think Arsenal's confidence is too high right now for West Brom to get something out of it, it might be close, but it'll be really upsetting right now if Arsenal get anything other than a win.


Oh yeah. this can't miss.

_________________
Rzzzzz...


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: EPL 2012-2013
 Post Posted: Wed Apr 03, 2013 9:43 am 
NET Veteran
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Sat Mar 03, 2007 8:34 am
Posts: 4197
peachesenregalia wrote:
Gatehawk wrote:
I think this match could end up being a good one between Arsenal and West Brom, though I think Arsenal's confidence is too high right now for West Brom to get something out of it, it might be close, but it'll be really upsetting right now if Arsenal get anything other than a win.


Oh yeah. this can't miss.



what could go wrong?


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: EPL 2012-2013
 Post Posted: Thu Apr 04, 2013 10:59 am 
NET Veteran
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Tue Jan 11, 2011 7:29 pm
Posts: 1678
Location: SW Florida
Uncle Si wrote:
peachesenregalia wrote:
Gatehawk wrote:
I think this match could end up being a good one between Arsenal and West Brom, though I think Arsenal's confidence is too high right now for West Brom to get something out of it, it might be close, but it'll be really upsetting right now if Arsenal get anything other than a win.


Oh yeah. this can't miss.



what could go wrong?


Either Arsenal mucks it up some how or West Brom's defense tries to do it's best imitation of Reading's defense vs Arsenal and gets run through like an idiot standing on train tracks.


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: EPL 2012-2013
 Post Posted: Thu Apr 04, 2013 1:11 pm 
NET Veteran
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Tue Jan 11, 2011 7:29 pm
Posts: 1678
Location: SW Florida
This is the absolute last thing Spurs wanted to see happen:

Image

Gareth Bale being stretchered off the pitch after a collision late in the Europa League match vs Basel. The pictures I'm seeing I'd have to say he'll be the luckiest bastard on earth if it's only a sprain, he's definitely out for at least a few games, possibly the rest of the season.


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: EPL 2012-2013
 Post Posted: Fri Apr 05, 2013 5:23 am 
NET Veteran
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Sat Mar 03, 2007 8:34 am
Posts: 4197
I will offer a third alternative Gate.... west brom has a talented football team and plays Arsenal tough, winning on class. It does happen, Southampton, swansea, and even west brom have shown they can beat any team at home.

Spur... bummer about Bale. He's been immense and a joy to watch. Hope its not serious


Top 
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 945 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19  Next

Board index » SEAHAWKS.NET - THE VOICE OF THE 12TH MAN » [ THE SPORTS BAR ]


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Glasgow Seahawk and 5 guests

 

 
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Seahawks.NET is an independent fan site and not associated with the Seattle Seahawks or the NFL (National Football League).
All content within this Seahawks fan page is provided by, and for, Seattle Seahawks fans. Copyright © Seahawks.NET.