Tyler Thigpen?

mikeak

Reaction score
jammerhawk":1hws8qlb said:
So would a rookie draft pick, and the rookie would be cheaper, with a potential higher upside.

And what draft pick would you spend and what other need would you leave open then?

Personally I much rater get Thigpen, McCoy or Vince Young on minimum salary. I don't think we get Colt at minimum so I am ok with Thigpen or VY

We need a guy that can come in for 2 games and not screw up. If you get a concussion in the NFL today then you are basically out that game and the next game. The rest of the team is good enough to get over any issues.

jlwaters1

Reaction score
mikeak":340pbwp8 said:
jammerhawk":340pbwp8 said:
So would a rookie draft pick, and the rookie would be cheaper, with a potential higher upside.

And what draft pick would you spend and what other need would you leave open then?

Personally I much rater get Thigpen, McCoy or Vince Young on minimum salary. I don't think we get Colt at minimum so I am ok with Thigpen or VY

We need a guy that can come in for 2 games and not screw up. If you get a concussion in the NFL today then you are basically out that game and the next game. The rest of the team is good enough to get over any issues.

Vince Young is worthless, Infact it's amazing all of the sub-par QB's have such long careers. I'd much rather draft a rookie. It's too bad Josh Portis wasn't nearly as good as a lot thought on here beleived him to be-- If he was than he'd still be here
and we'd have our #2 QB already in place. I'd like to use a 4-5th rounder on a backup QB.

fridayfrenzy

Reaction score
This is the player I've wanted the Seahawks to get to backup RW ever since they said they want a player with a similar style of play as RW.

Thigpen was quite good in KC a number of years ago when he ran the read option.

Blazenhawks

Reaction score
@ClaytonESPN: The prediction is Tyler Thigpen will end up being the Seahawks backup

He just Tweeted that. All I can say is we have to trust Pete.

Happypuppy

Reaction score
I have no problem with Thigpen and a rookie ( I too remember JS saying he will draft a QB every draft) and letting them fight it out. Thigpen has always played on bad teams and he only has to do what TJ could do. Hand off the ball and a couple dozen or so times toss the ball up to 10 yards. It would be the old safe offense.

mikeak

Reaction score
Vince Young is 30-17 as a starter. Yeah I get it he isn't very good and has about as many interceptions as TD's but we are talking backup for a few games.

I am happy with Thigpen as well. I honestly think we need the cheaper of the two but not to spend any draft picks on a backup qb. I rather see us draft two kickers and hope one sticks....

jlwaters1

Reaction score
mikeak":30j1jcvc said:
Vince Young is 30-17 as a starter. Yeah I get it he isn't very good and has about as many interceptions as TD's but we are talking backup for a few games.

I am happy with Thigpen as well. I honestly think we need the cheaper of the two but not to spend any draft picks on a backup qb. I rather see us draft two kickers and hope one sticks....

His starting record is completely irrelevant as it's well in the past. He sucked in Philly and was signed and then CUT by the Bills in 2012. He's on a downward slide. Furthermore he's a knucklhead, judging from the fact that he's broke, after blowing through a ton of money. He's the complete opposite of Russell Wilson in terms of passion, brains, and work ethic.

I'd rather sign a cheap backup and draft a rookie in the mid-rounds.

DynoHawk

Reaction score
Adam Schefter ‏@AdamSchefter 44m
Once Matt Flynn trade completed, Seattle will consider signing Matt Leinart as its No. 2 QB. @mortreport also says Tyler Thigpen in play.

HawkFan72

Reaction score
Thigpen would be a good choice to sign based on what's out there.

He can run around, run the read option, and he wouldn't cost a ton. He would be a good veteran backup. All of you wringing your hands are hilarious. It's a backup QB. We wouldn't be bringing him in to start, and if a rookie QB beats him out, then it wouldn't be a huge deal to cut him.

He's better than McCoy or Leinart for sure. He might be halfway decent with a good roster around him too since he has only played on really bad teams.

Missing_Clink

Reaction score
You would think we are out searching for a starting QB considering how much everyone is freaking out. People, if Wilson misses significant time we are not making the superbowl no matter who the backup is.

Greenhell

Reaction score
This Tyler Thigpen?

ttskeleton.jpg

Vetamur

Reaction score
Used correctly he is good, in my opinion. Ive wanted him the last three off seasons actually..would have taken him over Jackson.
Doesn't have the pedigree to get a real look or real chance in the NFL but he did well in KC. Heck for a few weeks he even was a FF stud!

Hawk Finn

Reaction score
If he ever takes the field, all I can think of is a cloud of dust and the Peanuts theme song blaring over the PA system.

pehawk

Reaction score
Why would we want an overrated 1990's White Sox closer?

kf3339

Reaction score
DynoHawk":1wz7a99x said:
Adam Schefter ‏@AdamSchefter 44m
Once Matt Flynn trade completed, Seattle will consider signing Matt Leinart as its No. 2 QB. @mortreport also says Tyler Thigpen in play.

I have a feeling it's going to be Leinart and a rookie next year. PC and Leinart are really close, and we are only talking about the 2nd string backup QB position. It does amaze me why so many fans are freaking out about the Flynn trade and a backup QB replacement.

Greenhell

Reaction score
Leinart was brought in last year during preseason and ended up signing with the Texans cus he knew he couldn't even beat out Flynn. Not feelin' this move at all if Seattle signs Leinart to be 2nd string.

Rat

Reaction score
Greenhell":1zgcnmki said:
Leinart was brought in last year during preseason and PC cut him.
I'm kind of drunk right now, but I seriously don't remember this happening.

Greenhell

Reaction score
Rat":156vq25i said:
Greenhell":156vq25i said:

I stand corrected Rat. He signed with the Texans before he got a chance to get cut.

HawkFan72

Reaction score
Rat":37iisb76 said:
Greenhell":37iisb76 said:

he never actually came here. He was rumored to have signed with us 2 years ago, but then backed out to sign with the Texans.

Then last year he was rumored to be coming to Seattle too, but then signed with the Raiders.