Season 4 of Walking Dead and on...

The Lounge is for non-sport-related topics other than politics, war and religion. Order up your favorite beverage, kick back and enjoy the conversation! RATING: PG-13
Season 4 of Walking Dead and on...
Mon Apr 01, 2013 9:03 am
  • Where do you think it goes from here? I'm not seeing too much connection with Woodbury joining Prison in the comics so it'll probably be a different take. Overall I thought it was a really solid finale but was hoping it would go differently. When they spilled the news that 27 'people' would die in the episode I figured it would be in a epic battle, especially with how the trailers showed them shooting their grenade launchers at the prison. The Governor is finally where I wanted him to be at the start of the season but it is TV so they had to develop his character. It'll be interesting to see how quickly he makes a comeback.

Maybe they tackle the cannibals with Hershel as Dale this season?
    mistaowen
    NET Veteran

• mistaowen wrote:Where do you think it goes from here? I'm not seeing too much connection with Woodbury joining Prison in the comics so it'll probably be a different take. Overall I thought it was a really solid finale but was hoping it would go differently. When they spilled the news that 27 'people' would die in the episode I figured it would be in a epic battle, especially with how the trailers showed them shooting their grenade launchers at the prison. The Governor is finally where I wanted him to be at the start of the season but it is TV so they had to develop his character. It'll be interesting to see how quickly he makes a comeback.

Maybe they tackle the cannibals with Hershel as Dale this season?

Yea I assumed it would be like the comics, spoilers on comics below!

Where the Governor does attack the prison and its just brutal, does win and does scatter the group.

I assumed the 27 people died were from the epic battle. The show has diverged so much from the comics.

Well I guess Tyreese is finally with Rick's group, that's something. But now Rick's group and the Woodbury citizens are together in the prison?

What now, they are safe and comfy in the prison? Guess we'll see how thy start the Road to DC and Alexandria story line, now that they didn't get kicked out of the prison. Maybe that's still to come? The Gov is still alive in the TV version.

But the whole Andrea thing really bothers me, the way they handled the TV Andrea sucks, now she's gone, seriously she's a huge part of the story in the current comics!
    So you think you can tell Heaven from Hell, blue skies from pain. Can you tell a green field from a cold steel rail? A smile from a veil?
    twisted_steel2
    NET Veteran

Re: Season 4 of Walking Dead and on...
Mon Apr 01, 2013 9:44 am
  • Spoiler;

I think the prison will equal the community they settle into AFTER the prison seige on the show. So, my guess is next year the begin introduction to Jesus and HOPEFULLY Neegan. Neegan's smokes the Gov.
    @ryanadamdavis
    pehawk
    * Report Button *

• twisted_steel2 wrote:Where the Governor does attack the prison and its just brutal, does win and does scatter the group.

I assumed the 27 people died were from the epic battle. The show has diverged so much from the comics.

Well I guess Tyreese is finally with Rick's group, that's something. But now Rick's group and the Woodbury citizens are together in the prison?

What now, they are safe and comfy in the prison? Guess we'll see how thy start the Road to DC and Alexandria story line, now that they didn't get kicked out of the prison. Maybe that's still to come? The Gov is still alive in the TV version.

But the whole Andrea thing really bothers me, the way they handled the TV Andrea sucks, now she's gone, seriously she's a huge part of the story in the current comics!

I like some of the ways that they ended the season. Leaving The Governor alive was a great idea, the show needs an arch-nemesis. I don't mind the lack of an "epic battle" between Team Prison and Team Woodbury, and am perfectly content with a one-sided slaughter on behalf of Team Prison. Pretty much everything about the season happened as I thought it would, including a relative lack of major character deaths.

Andrea may have been an important character in the comic storyline, but the TV version of her totally sucked. For the first season, she was too busy feeling sorry for herself and placing the group at risk, to be of any use. In the second season, they tried too hard to make her character seem like a bad ass, only to have her run to Shane for protection at every turn. In the third season, they continue to develop her codependent nature by having her shack up with The Governor while showing what a spineless wuss she was through her inability to make the "executive decision" in killing the bastard. I actually celebrated her departure from the show.
    Feel free to contact me if you need legal assistance. I have a great lawyer that helped me with an ex who violated my privacy and kept harassing me on MySpace and Facebook. He's very good. And there is legal precedent. - linuxpro

He is hold back the legion of boom - skater18000
    SmokinHawk
    *PLATINUM SUPPORTER*
    *PLATINUM SUPPORTER*

Mon Apr 01, 2013 10:28 am
  • The actress who plays Andrea is also, CLEARLY a weak link. Beeotch has the charisma of Smokinghawk or Les. She stinks so bad, it takes me out of it at times.
    @ryanadamdavis
    pehawk
    * Report Button *

Mon Apr 01, 2013 10:39 am
  • pehawk wrote:The actress who plays Andrea is also, CLEARLY a weak link. Beeotch has the charisma of Smokinghawk or Les. She stinks so bad, it takes me out of it at times.

Agreed on all points.
    Feel free to contact me if you need legal assistance. I have a great lawyer that helped me with an ex who violated my privacy and kept harassing me on MySpace and Facebook. He's very good. And there is legal precedent. - linuxpro

He is hold back the legion of boom - skater18000
    SmokinHawk
    *PLATINUM SUPPORTER*
    *PLATINUM SUPPORTER*

Mon Apr 01, 2013 12:03 pm
  • The show started out so well it's getting harder and harder to watch. They try to stretch things out so much to fill a season that it gets boring to watch. And these people do the dumbest crap, if Andrea would have just shut the hell up she could have got the handcuffs off sooner and still been alive. Her character just sucked from the start and never got any better.

Then add in the fact that we see 6 minutes of show then 5 minutes of commercials. I don't know if I'll watch it again.
    The LOLs of the many outweigh the shame of the few
    Msfann
    *BRONZE SUPPORTER*
    *BRONZE SUPPORTER*

Mon Apr 01, 2013 12:08 pm
  • I'm not sure Msfann. It still hits on brilliance.

For example, the way Rick was still able to "parent" to Carl, by bringing back Woodbury's citizens, was VERY clever.
    @ryanadamdavis
    pehawk
    * Report Button *

Mon Apr 01, 2013 12:21 pm
  • I find Carl's character fascinating.

Is he a little serial killer? Or a product of his environment? Are all kids growing up in the ZA going to be like that?

Imagine trying to parent in the ZA? Rick grew up in normal American society, but his son has to have a different set of moral's to survive this world, at this point he probably doesn't even really understand how effed up everything is, and how hardcore he is. (In the comics when he gets to Alexandria, they really emphasis how much of a bad-ass he is compared to the other kids who have been really sheltered from the ZA)

Overall I could nitpick the show to death, but I did enjoy the season finale.
    So you think you can tell Heaven from Hell, blue skies from pain. Can you tell a green field from a cold steel rail? A smile from a veil?
    twisted_steel2
    NET Veteran

Mon Apr 01, 2013 1:23 pm
  • Agreed on Andrea, I've pretty much hated her character since her sister was killed and I think it has more to do with her just not being a good actress. They did a good job making me kind of feel bad for her dying but I've wanted it to happen for awhile now. Bring in some new, better actors to fill out their cast and stop giving every character fluff for back stories.

Tyrese will be with them which is good. I loved him in The Wire so I think they got a solid addition there. Whoever they start casting in the next few months should give us a heads up on where they go next.

It's interesting how they have another new show runner and I think I saw in an article it was because Robert Kirkman felt there was still way too much 'nothing.' It was drastically improved from the start of Season 2 and the beginning of this season was great, but the middle half was really a lot of unnecessary build up. Hopefully this next guy hits his stride early and keeps it going.
    mistaowen
    NET Veteran

Mon Apr 01, 2013 2:00 pm
  • Yea hopefully with the new guy, they find the right balance of character/story development and action.

Way to much things grind to a halt and get slow, the show where Rick and the Gov meet, and were at the table for the whole episode? C'mon!

And then when you want action, for instance they built up the prison attack showdown for ever, and it was over within minutes. wtf? Letdown.
    twisted_steel2
    NET Veteran

Mon Apr 01, 2013 2:24 pm

Mon Apr 01, 2013 2:29 pm
  • That boy needs a whooping. You notice how he was upset seeing the new people brought in from Woodbury?
    -The Glove-
    NET Veteran

Mon Apr 01, 2013 4:00 pm
  • -The Glove- wrote:That boy needs a whooping. You notice how he was upset seeing the new people brought in from Woodbury?

I think the point of Rick doing that was to "parent" Carl. Rick couldn't exactly argue with Carl's reasoning for killing the kid, so, he showed his kid to trust.
    @ryanadamdavis
    pehawk
    * Report Button *

Tue Apr 02, 2013 11:03 am
  • Glad Andrea was offed, but Milton would have been a good addition to the group.
    taz291819
    *SILVER SUPPORTER*
    *SILVER SUPPORTER*

Tue Apr 02, 2013 12:01 pm
  • I just had a thought about the show, and came to the realization I watch too much TV and read too much, so I get stories mixed up.

I was thinking, wow all those new people in the prison, they better clear out the outer yards and get those crops planted asap to store up some food, because 'Winter is coming...' :roll:

Wow.
    twisted_steel2
    NET Veteran

Tue Apr 02, 2013 3:41 pm
  • twisted_steel2 wrote:I just had a thought about the show, and came to the realization I watch too much TV and read too much, so I get stories mixed up.

I was thinking, wow all those new people in the prison, they better clear out the outer yards and get those crops planted asap to store up some food, because 'Winter is coming...' :roll:

Wow.

It'll be a great crossover show; White Walkers and Zombies vs Rick's Clan and the Starks. Throw in the Governor and the Mother of Dragons, and we have ourselves a battle royal for the ages.
    Kam Chancellor: The Chancellor of Defense
    Bruce Irvin: BruceMode
    Tharold Simon: Humble Thug
    Paul Richardson: BPR
    FortWorthSeahawk
    USAF BadAss

Tue Apr 02, 2013 3:45 pm
  • FortWorthSeahawk wrote:
    twisted_steel2 wrote:I just had a thought about the show, and came to the realization I watch too much TV and read too much, so I get stories mixed up.

Wow.

It'll be a great crossover show; White Walkers and Zombies vs Rick's Clan and the Starks. Throw in the Governor and the Mother of Dragons, and we have ourselves a battle royal for the ages.

Heisenberg will outwit them all.
    "Pete Carroll brings in great elves...and they make the best presents."
    SacHawk2.0
    .NOT a Moderator

Tue Apr 02, 2013 4:18 pm
  • Well since the governor is one of my favorite characters I hope he sticks around for a while.
    MANUNITED23
    NET Veteran

Tue Apr 02, 2013 4:35 pm
  • SacHawk2.0 wrote:
    FortWorthSeahawk wrote:
    twisted_steel2 wrote:I just had a thought about the show, and came to the realization I watch too much TV and read too much, so I get stories mixed up.

Wow.

Heisenberg will outwit them all.

True enough...He will become governor. Walking Dead is interesting. I don't find any of the characters likable. I do like the survival drama of the show and the bit over the top comic book storyline. The governor talking to the fish tank heads was hilarious.
    Happypuppy
    NET Veteran

Tue Apr 02, 2013 8:27 pm
  • Could have kept Merle around longer but I guess he had ran his course. I think I would go for Woodbury instead of the prison, especially since all the gates got jacked and they got a serious leak problem with the collapsed prison wall on the back end.

I gather they didn't trust not knowing where the Governor went off to. I figure Herschel or one of his daughters is done for pretty soon, probably Maggie but more likely the younger one.

Dang, T-Dog got ate up.. hee hee ..

Lori and Andrea both going down was not something I thought would happen, but you knew Andrea was playing with fire. I kept waiting for the Governor to cap the dissenting couple. His two henchmen probably aren't feeling very comfy around him right about now.

Wasn't going to watch this show but gave it a shot. Not bad. I usually hate zombie movies but this is much more than that so good job on bringing the story to TV.
    Leon Washington 2010-2012 Red Bryant 2008-2013 Chris Clemons 2010-2013 Golden Tate 2010-2013
    Brandon Browner 2011-2013 Breno Giacomini 2011-2013 - Gone but not forgotten.
    R.I.P Les "PithyRadish" Norton 9/13/2014
    drdiags
    * The Doc *
    * The Doc *

It is currently Sat Oct 25, 2014 3:53 pm

Please REGISTER to become a member

Return to [ THE NET LOUNGE ]

Information