Reaction score
Just saw this. Pretty neat.

[youtube]3ie9TADkgVE[/youtube]

OP
OP
kearly

kearly

Reaction score
What I find the most impressive about Harvin is how powerful he is as a runner. If we lined him up at RB he'd probably be at least 75th percentile among NFL RBs for yards after contact per rush. I think that is where Harvin will be most deadly for us next year, when he lines up as a RB. Not only does he have legit ability as a RB, but Seattle was pretty deadly on play action passes to running backs last year, and that was throwing passes to guys like Robinson and Lynch who had 20 yards of green grass ahead of them. Imagine Harvin with that kind of space to work with.

DavidSeven

Reaction score
The only thing that's really missing is some deep catches.

Thanks a lot, Christian Ponder's noodle arm.

Hawkspur

Reaction score
Kip, I think I recall you predicting that Sweezy could eventually become a right tackle, noting his ability to block down field. I sure hope that eventuates because seeing Matt Kalil flying down the field clearing the way for Harvin there was epic.

Can't wait for the season to start!

BASF

Reaction score
A few things strike me watching those highlights, the first of which is that the Vikings only really used him on five or six routes, several of them were just reversed on the opposite side of the field. There wasn't much variation in their play calling with him. I trust Bevell to come up with more looks for him. The second thing I noticed is that someone omitted Trufant's best play last season when he stripped the ball from Harvin. Harvin is not prone to turnovers, so it's not a concern for me, just interesting that the person who put that together took out his turnovers. The third thing was his understanding of angles. There are a lot of quick shifty runners out there, but he maximized his yardage with fantastic angles away from potential tacklers.

NYCoug

Reaction score
kearly":2d9uk13u said:
What I find the most impressive about Harvin is how powerful he is as a runner. If we lined him up at RB he'd probably be at least 75th percentile among NFL RBs for yards after contact per rush. I think that is where Harvin will be most deadly for us next year, when he lines up as a RB. Not only does he have legit ability as a RB, but Seattle was pretty deadly on play action passes to running backs last year, and that was throwing passes to guys like Robinson and Lynch who had 20 yards of green grass ahead of them. Imagine Harvin with that kind of space to work with.

Yeah, he's way more powerful a runner than I remember him being at Florida. Another thing I love about him is that just when you think he's in top gear, he hits another gear and somehow gets even faster. At the 1:13 mark in the video, the kickoff return against Indy, he takes it up the left side and someone (the kicker maybe?) takes the proper angle to cut him off at the sideline. Percy shows great vision and sees this happening, and bursts into the next stratosphere of speed and NEARLY Houdini's his way through traffic and down the sideline for the touchdown. He can't stay in bounds though and instead it's just a 40 or 50 yard kick return. Still great.

I like the comment that he's Golden and Leon put together. Good one, very true.

Jerhawk

Reaction score
Thanks for posting this.

I like his style of play where he's almost always cutting straight up the field, going north and south. Normally players who have his speed/quickness will try to
go east and west, trying to score a touchdown on every play rather than just getting the yards the defense is giving.
Harvin is always trying to get the tough yards, at least in this highlight video, which is nice to see.

JSeahawks

Reaction score
Love it. Its going to be a lot of fun watching him in our offense this year.

First video i've ever seen with a section highlighting an official calling penalties though, that was a bid wierd.

ensett

Reaction score
With Lynch, Tate, and Harvin... We are going to be a really really hard team to tackle

billio155

Reaction score
The thing I like about his style of play is his nose for the first down marker. He does whatever it takes to get that first down. He is going to make us a very good 3rd down conversion team. Likewise, he takes two to three tacklers to bring him down; that tires a team out over the length of a game. Couple that with Lynch who is a beast to take down, then add in a dose of Wilson running around for whole minutes at a time and the result will be a very tired opposing defense come the fourth quarter. We are going to have some ridiculous fourth quarters in 2013.

NYCoug

Reaction score
JSeahawks":mw38q0j5 said:
First video i've ever seen with a section highlighting an official calling penalties though, that was a bid wierd.

That was the first thing I noticed too. Absolutely groundbreaking stuff. Just went off on a tangent on how many penalties the Colts got flagged for. Absolutely NOTHING to do with Percy Harvin. For some reason, I loved it!

Hawks46

Reaction score
I think Harvin and Tate on the field together is going to be dynamic. You can use one to decoy the other...take Harvin, motion him away from the play and throw Tate a bubble screen. If it isn't there, your checkdown is Harvin in the opposite flat. Tate is also a very good downfield blocker...how is Harvin ? I rarely see him downfield, so it's hard to tell if he's a willing blocker or not.

I see the Tate + Washington comparisons, although he's more sudden than both of them. Tate and Harvin are very similar players, with Tate actually having better balance (his balance is elite, I've seen very few players with his ability to keep his feet) and being able to highpoint the ball better while Harvin is more explosive and has a higher gear....Harvin probably has better hands too. Going to be fun watching them both.