Ugly!

bellingerga

Reaction score
that was probably worse than what Ken Norton did to Napolean Mcallum in that raiders vs 9ers game back in the 90's.

Holy hell that was gruesome.

Throwdown

Reaction score
It was hideous, I thought I would never see something uglier than the Shaun Livingston injury, but jesus that was ugly.

Tundra

Reaction score
That was horrific! Thank goodness for him and everyone on the court that happened where it did. Could you imagine if that happen in traffic in the key! Would of been top 3 all time sport catastrophes if it played out like that. Hope for the best to that young man, he is going to need it.

JSeahawks

Reaction score
Thankfully I was doing Easter stuff at the time. Havn't seen it yet, and hope not to. I'm going to avoid highlights from that game. Hate to see stuff like that, especially to high school or college athletes.

SeaTown81

Reaction score
JSeahawks":2l8pdgyz said:
Thankfully I was doing Easter stuff at the time. Havn't seen it yet, and hope not to. I'm going to avoid highlights from that game. Hate to see stuff like that, especially to high school or college athletes.

You shouldn't have to worry. Most networks are choosing to not show the replay. And for good reason. I saw it live and that was brutal. One of the worst injuries I've ever seen in sports, not just basketball. Best of luck to that kid. Hope Louisville wins it all. For reasons now other than because I have them in my bracket.

Uncle Si

Reaction score
Wasn't just the leg.... those kids sitting on the bench hurled themselves back when he rolled in front of them. They were scared. Never seen anything like it. Scary

Seahwkgal

Reaction score
I couldn't watch it. The written account was enough. Poor kid.

tubbs51

Reaction score
It was horrible. I turned the TV on as they were taking him out of the stadium in an ambulance. Just watched it on youtube and i'm glad i watched a horrible quality vid on a horrible quality monitor.

The bone i guess broke through the skin too. damn. If i was on that bench i would have tossed my cookies... :shock:

Sarlacc83

Reaction score
I missed it, thankfully, but I took a few seconds to see 'how' he broke it. In other words, I saw the jump, then stopped the video. I thought for sure, when I first heard about it on the radio, that he must have done something after a dunk. I can't believe it happened on a contested 3 point shot.

GCrow

Reaction score
tubbs51":3edvd9ds said:
It was horrible. I turned the TV on as they were taking him out of the stadium in an ambulance. Just watched it on youtube and i'm glad i watched a horrible quality vid on a horrible quality monitor.

The bone i guess broke through the skin too. damn. If i was on that bench i would have tossed my cookies... :shock:

A bunch of Louisville players apparently did. Unfortunately & unexpectdly came across a pic of it on the web and it cannot be unseen.

Gruesomest injury i've seen in sports. Worse than Theismann, Lattimore, McGahee in college, Livingston (though actually have always avoided watching that one).
Thankfully though have seen some tweets this morning that he is up and walking around the hospital already and plans to be on the bench for the Final 4 in his hometown of Atlanta.

Uncle Si

Reaction score
GCrow":2kzvywcc said:
tubbs51":2kzvywcc said:

A bunch of Louisville players apparently did. Unfortunately & unexpectdly came across a pic of it on the web and it cannot be unseen.

Gruesomest injury i've seen in sports. Worse than Theismann, Lattimore, McGahee in college, Livingston (though actually have always avoided watching that one).
Thankfully though have seen some tweets this morning that he is up and walking around the hospital already and plans to be on the bench for the Final 4 in his hometown of Atlanta.

i cant believe their is a picture of it

edit... saw the picture... unimaginable. It looks like his leg could have come off.

Now i know why that bench cleared out like they were being attacked.

Seahwkgal

Reaction score
Uncle Si":3aejq3we said:
GCrow":3aejq3we said:
tubbs51":3aejq3we said:

i cant believe their is a picture of it

Right? We live in a sick society.

Uncle Si

Reaction score
Seahwkgal":1s8gw550 said:

atleast CBS (and later most news outlets that ive come across) didnt keep showing it, unlike MNF and Theismann's injury, which was re-shown while he lay on the ground atleast 8-10 times.

Sarlacc83

Reaction score
The only injury that might compare is the EJ Henderson injury a few years ago. Watching his leg whip lifelessly around was an image that cannot be unseen.

Seahwkgal

Reaction score
Uncle Si":1d6x2b2h said:
Seahwkgal":1d6x2b2h said:

atleast CBS (and later most news outlets that ive come across) didnt keep showing it, unlike MNF and Theismann's injury, which was re-shown while he lay on the ground atleast 8-10 times.

Oh, I remember that..Hard to forget. CBS was right not to keep showing it. Our local news affiliates wouldn't show it either. I will never forget the network that showed the 1990 Breeders Cup(horse racing). It was one of the big three. That year in the female race, Go For Wand broke her leg on National television and the network kept showing it over and over again. It was gruesome and sad. They must've thought that because it was an animal it was OK to keep showing it. It turned my stomach. I will never forget it. :pukeface:

Largent80

Reaction score
The Joe Theisman leg break was really a gross one for me. I was sitting there stoned, watching MNF and Lawrence Taylor friggin JACKED his ass up and broke that leg. They kept showing it over and over, and it was gruesome.

djTOY2000

Reaction score
i have seen the picture, watched the replays, i can usually handle severe breaks and injuries because i have went through such a thing (folded femur 87 degrees backwards) but seeing this, as a compound fracture, bone sticking out, my stomach is in a knot.... HORRIFIC !! Vomit

compared to the Theisman break, this is 10x more gruesome, so if you don't want to see it, DO NOT... just send a prayer out to this kid