how many portland based seahawks fans are out there?

Zebulon Dak

Banned
Reaction score
Btw I've recently heard that Nepo 42 in NE Portland is a Seahawks bar. If we do any get togethers next year (aka if you guys stop being lame) we might want to check out that spot. Good wings too, from what I've heard.

WSUhawk4life

Reaction score
I'm from Western Washington but will be moving to Portland this summer for work. Would be down for a get together.

As far as fans down their, last summer I didn't seem to notice many people waving the 12th man flag.

Zebulon Dak

Banned
Reaction score
WSUhawk4life":2w60qs1x said:
I'm from Western Washington but will be moving to Portland this summer for work. Would be down for a get together.

As far as fans down their, last summer I didn't seem to notice many people waving the 12th man flag.

There's really not that many football fans down here. Lots of Ducks fans but they're usually not really actual football fans. I definitely saw more Hawks gear this past season than ever before, though not by a lot.

gohawks12

Reaction score
I live in camas, close enough to Portland to realize they don't care too much for the greatest league in the world!

Zybot

Reaction score
From Portland, but moved to Seattle a few years ago. The Seahawks fans in Portland are not very vocal. Portland suffers from little brother syndrome and there is a lot of backlash I have seen to anything Seattle amongst die hard fans. You will probably find more 49er fans there than Seahawks fans.

Zebulon Dak

Banned
Reaction score
Zybot":xrzf210x said:
From Portland, but moved to Seattle a few years ago. The Seahawks fans in Portland are not very vocal. Portland suffers from little brother syndrome and there is a lot of backlash I have seen to anything Seattle amongst die hard fans. You will probably find more 49er fans there than Seahawks fans.

what this man sayeth be the truth indeed.

Hawks46

Reaction score
"There's really not that many football fans down here. Lots of Ducks fans but they're usually not really actual football fans. I definitely saw more Hawks gear this past season than ever before, though not by a lot."

Good point about Ducks fans. I really don't see the little brother syndrome all that much. People from Portland are similar to that in Seattle in many aspects, most being fairly mellow (maybe it's the NW weed). There's a lot more unwashed hippies, and too many people trying way too hard to be liberal or "progressive". I do see Hawks gear, but like others said, it's not a real vocal following. The Hawks fans I met while living in Vegas were a lot more vocal and represented better.

I'd be down to meet up on Sundays at a bar but my issue is that I have two boys (who like football) so I have to find a kid friendly pub.

Rocket

Reaction score
Me too... Vancouver WA, late of Colorado Springs (Eff you, Elway!)

Always been a Seahawks fan... just always.

JGreen79

Reaction score
Count me in. When I ask some fellow co-workers if they like any sports to try to start some conversation in my past couple of jobs I get responses like... "Not really, just the super bowl." and "nope, don't watch tv." and from one guy I used to work with. "Sports are just a way for corporations to control you."

Those are the most common responses... either that or "yeah, I'm a huge cowboy/49er/packer/steelers/patriot/giants/ravens fan"

Sarlacc83

Reaction score
Zebulon Dak":16hcqdg9 said:
Btw I've recently heard that Nepo 42 in NE Portland is a Seahawks bar. If we do any get togethers next year (aka if you guys stop being lame) we might want to check out that spot. Good wings too, from what I've heard.

They have Chicken and Waffles? Count me in. I organized last time, so one of you other slackers can pick it up this year.

Bakergirl

Reaction score
I was born and raised in the Portland area. After my mom died in October last year though, I'm in the Bay area. Don't judge me. :( I'd rather be in the Pacific NW, down here I'm surrounded by enemies. :shock:

PDXSeahawks

Reaction score
Zebulon Dak":3gtka5fx said:

You are correct on both accounts. We had 40-50 people there during the playoffs, and the wings are top notch along with the tap list and the rest of the food. There is a facebook page as well: https://www.facebook.com/groups/379099595504182/

I am going to post a thread about it since it seems like there's a lot of Portland area folks on here.