Ugly!

Discuss any and all sports-related topics. From the College Sports to Baseball and everything in between. RATING: PG-13
Ugly!
Sun Mar 31, 2013 1:50 pm
  • That injury in the Louisville-Duke game was NASTY...

Worst thing I've ever seen on a basketball court.
    @SeahawkGreg

"I will be thrilled with 10 wins.... If we win 14 games, I will tattoo my nuts green and blue!" --13thMan
    FlyingGreg
    * Master Chief *
    * Master Chief *

Re: Ugly!
Sun Mar 31, 2013 2:38 pm
  • that was probably worse than what Ken Norton did to Napolean Mcallum in that raiders vs 9ers game back in the 90's.

Holy hell that was gruesome.
    bellingerga
    NET Veteran

Sun Mar 31, 2013 3:14 pm
  • It was hideous, I thought I would never see something uglier than the Shaun Livingston injury, but jesus that was ugly.
    3elieve
    Throwdown
    * NET Baller *

Sun Mar 31, 2013 4:44 pm
  • That was horrific! Thank goodness for him and everyone on the court that happened where it did. Could you imagine if that happen in traffic in the key! Would of been top 3 all time sport catastrophes if it played out like that. Hope for the best to that young man, he is going to need it.
    Doug Baldwin does nothing but Save QB's!
    TundraApe
    NET Veteran

Sun Mar 31, 2013 5:03 pm
  • Pretty friggin gross and it was hard to watch it.
    The new Santa Clara stadium name?..........Dungaree Dump
    Largent80
    NET Ring Of Honor

Sun Mar 31, 2013 5:28 pm
  • Thankfully I was doing Easter stuff at the time. Havn't seen it yet, and hope not to. I'm going to avoid highlights from that game. Hate to see stuff like that, especially to high school or college athletes.
    JSeahawks
    * NET Moderator *

Sun Mar 31, 2013 5:37 pm
  • Normal leg: ---
    That leg: M
    pinksheets
    NET Veteran

Sun Mar 31, 2013 5:43 pm
  • JSeahawks wrote:Thankfully I was doing Easter stuff at the time. Havn't seen it yet, and hope not to. I'm going to avoid highlights from that game. Hate to see stuff like that, especially to high school or college athletes.

You shouldn't have to worry. Most networks are choosing to not show the replay. And for good reason. I saw it live and that was brutal. One of the worst injuries I've ever seen in sports, not just basketball. Best of luck to that kid. Hope Louisville wins it all. For reasons now other than because I have them in my bracket.
    SeaTown81
    * NET Alumni *

Sun Mar 31, 2013 5:52 pm
  • Wasn't just the leg.... those kids sitting on the bench hurled themselves back when he rolled in front of them. They were scared. Never seen anything like it. Scary
    Uncle Si
    NET Veteran

Sun Mar 31, 2013 7:28 pm
  • I couldn't watch it. The written account was enough. Poor kid.
    Seahwkgal
    * NET Hottie *

Sun Mar 31, 2013 9:19 pm
  • It was horrible. I turned the TV on as they were taking him out of the stadium in an ambulance. Just watched it on youtube and i'm glad i watched a horrible quality vid on a horrible quality monitor.

The bone i guess broke through the skin too. damn. If i was on that bench i would have tossed my cookies... :shock:
    tubbs51
    NET Starter

Mon Apr 01, 2013 7:06 am
  • I missed it, thankfully, but I took a few seconds to see 'how' he broke it. In other words, I saw the jump, then stopped the video. I thought for sure, when I first heard about it on the radio, that he must have done something after a dunk. I can't believe it happened on a contested 3 point shot.
    Super Bowl Champions XVLIII

RIP Radish: Check your PMs. Upper right corner.
    Sarlacc83
    * NET Philistine *

Mon Apr 01, 2013 7:56 am
  • tubbs51 wrote:It was horrible. I turned the TV on as they were taking him out of the stadium in an ambulance. Just watched it on youtube and i'm glad i watched a horrible quality vid on a horrible quality monitor.

The bone i guess broke through the skin too. damn. If i was on that bench i would have tossed my cookies... :shock:

A bunch of Louisville players apparently did. Unfortunately & unexpectdly came across a pic of it on the web and it cannot be unseen.

Gruesomest injury i've seen in sports. Worse than Theismann, Lattimore, McGahee in college, Livingston (though actually have always avoided watching that one).
    Thankfully though have seen some tweets this morning that he is up and walking around the hospital already and plans to be on the bench for the Final 4 in his hometown of Atlanta.
    GCrow
    NET Veteran

Mon Apr 01, 2013 8:26 am
  • GCrow wrote:
    tubbs51 wrote:It was horrible. I turned the TV on as they were taking him out of the stadium in an ambulance. Just watched it on youtube and i'm glad i watched a horrible quality vid on a horrible quality monitor.

A bunch of Louisville players apparently did. Unfortunately & unexpectdly came across a pic of it on the web and it cannot be unseen.

Gruesomest injury i've seen in sports. Worse than Theismann, Lattimore, McGahee in college, Livingston (though actually have always avoided watching that one).
    Thankfully though have seen some tweets this morning that he is up and walking around the hospital already and plans to be on the bench for the Final 4 in his hometown of Atlanta.

i cant believe their is a picture of it

edit... saw the picture... unimaginable. It looks like his leg could have come off.

Now i know why that bench cleared out like they were being attacked.
    Last edited by Uncle Si on Mon Apr 01, 2013 11:17 am, edited 1 time in total.
    Uncle Si
    NET Veteran

Mon Apr 01, 2013 8:34 am
  • Uncle Si wrote:
    GCrow wrote:
    tubbs51 wrote:It was horrible. I turned the TV on as they were taking him out of the stadium in an ambulance. Just watched it on youtube and i'm glad i watched a horrible quality vid on a horrible quality monitor.

i cant believe their is a picture of it

Right? We live in a sick society.
    Seahwkgal
    * NET Hottie *

Mon Apr 01, 2013 9:04 am
  • Seahwkgal wrote:

atleast CBS (and later most news outlets that ive come across) didnt keep showing it, unlike MNF and Theismann's injury, which was re-shown while he lay on the ground atleast 8-10 times.
    Uncle Si
    NET Veteran

Mon Apr 01, 2013 9:10 am
  • The only injury that might compare is the EJ Henderson injury a few years ago. Watching his leg whip lifelessly around was an image that cannot be unseen.
    Super Bowl Champions XVLIII

RIP Radish: Check your PMs. Upper right corner.
    Sarlacc83
    * NET Philistine *

Mon Apr 01, 2013 10:06 am
  • Uncle Si wrote:
    Seahwkgal wrote:

atleast CBS (and later most news outlets that ive come across) didnt keep showing it, unlike MNF and Theismann's injury, which was re-shown while he lay on the ground atleast 8-10 times.

Oh, I remember that..Hard to forget. CBS was right not to keep showing it. Our local news affiliates wouldn't show it either. I will never forget the network that showed the 1990 Breeders Cup(horse racing). It was one of the big three. That year in the female race, Go For Wand broke her leg on National television and the network kept showing it over and over again. It was gruesome and sad. They must've thought that because it was an animal it was OK to keep showing it. It turned my stomach. I will never forget it. :pukeface:
    Seahwkgal
    * NET Hottie *

Mon Apr 01, 2013 6:54 pm
  • The Joe Theisman leg break was really a gross one for me. I was sitting there stoned, watching MNF and Lawrence Taylor friggin JACKED his ass up and broke that leg. They kept showing it over and over, and it was gruesome.
    The new Santa Clara stadium name?..........Dungaree Dump
    Largent80
    NET Ring Of Honor

Mon Apr 01, 2013 7:57 pm
  • i have seen the picture, watched the replays, i can usually handle severe breaks and injuries because i have went through such a thing (folded femur 87 degrees backwards) but seeing this, as a compound fracture, bone sticking out, my stomach is in a knot.... HORRIFIC !! Image

compared to the Theisman break, this is 10x more gruesome, so if you don't want to see it, DO NOT... just send a prayer out to this kid
    Image Image
    ImageImage
    djTOY2000
    Eli Positioner Extraordinaire

Tue Apr 02, 2013 7:06 am
  • djTOY2000 wrote:
    compared to the Theisman break, this is 10x more gruesome, so if you don't want to see it, DO NOT.

I didn't plan on it but thanks to one of my inconsiderate FB friends, I saw the close up photo on my news feed. I still haven't had anything to eat this morning.
    I am so pissed at that asshole. :pukeface:
    Seahwkgal
    * NET Hottie *

Tue Apr 02, 2013 3:31 pm
  • I very nearly saw the pic on Facebook, too, but was able to scroll past it in time. Haven't seen it, don't ever want to!
    Shadowhawk
    * NET Staff Alumni *
    * NET Staff Alumni *

Tue Apr 02, 2013 7:30 pm
  • Seahwkgal wrote:
    djTOY2000 wrote:
    compared to the Theisman break, this is 10x more gruesome, so if you don't want to see it, DO NOT.

I didn't plan on it but thanks to one of my inconsiderate FB friends, I saw the close up photo on my news feed. I still haven't had anything to eat this morning.
    I am so pissed at that asshole. :pukeface:

That's exactly how I saw the photo yesterday. Horrible.
    Help bring peace to the South LA / Puget Sound communities. Are you in?
    http://www.abetterla.org | http://www.abetterseattle.com
    sc85sis
    *SILVER SUPPORTER*
    *SILVER SUPPORTER*

It is currently Thu Nov 27, 2014 8:23 am

Please REGISTER to become a member

Return to [ THE SPORTS BAR ]

Information