.Net Super Bowl commercial.

cdallan

Reaction score
Hey again! I have a rather broad Scottish accent. Imagine James McAvoy's big brother who didn't win a place at a fancy school. It sounds pro-hardening your arteries with saturated fat and using the c-word as a general descriptive term, and anti-everything else.

RockHawk

Reaction score
cdallan":2mrn70uk said:
Hey again! I have a rather broad Scottish accent. Imagine James McAvoy's big brother who didn't win a place at a fancy school. It sounds pro-hardening your arteries with saturated fat and using the c-word as a general descriptive term, and anti-everything else.

You're in. But the first time I hear a "Mel Gibson" style Scottish accent, you're back to the curb.

cdallan

Reaction score
RockHawk":2pwn5gk4 said:
cdallan":2pwn5gk4 said:

You're in. But the first time I hear a "Mel Gibson" style Scottish accent, you're back to the curb.

At the time, we all laughed at him and his accent in Braveheart, and said he'd never make a convincing Scotsman.

Now look at him - an alcoholic racist.

I guess he eventually got the hang of it.

RockHawk

Reaction score
cdallan":up4u4n0w said:
At the time, we all laughed at him and his accent in Braveheart, and said he'd never make a convincing Scotsman.

Hilarious. Ya know, I like you. We should hang out.

cdallan

Reaction score
RockHawk":3axcrusj said:
cdallan":3axcrusj said:

Hilarious. Ya know, I like you. We should hang out.

It's a date - unidentified home game Sep 2014. That's when I next plan to be in Seattle.

Otherwise, I'd be happy to meet up if you have time for a pint of 70 shilling in Edinburgh's Rose Street during the Festival.

I thought the "I have a broad Scottish accent" would have given it away.

cdallan

Reaction score
pehawk":2w7hc1x5 said:
So, a Spike Lee straight-line dolly shot starts in a highrises lobby, and slowly rolls toward the elevator. The elevator door opens to; Diags, Rock, Jsea and platapus sitting in the elevator.

Enter Zeb...

Zeb squeezes into the elevator, giving off that normal creepy vibe only Zeb can. All the others move towards the elevator walls, to give Zeb more room. At this point Zeb starts licking the left cheek of EVERYONE in the elvator (face cheek, you pervs). Everyone stands there confused and saddened by Zebs sexual assault.

At this point the 3rd wall comes tumbling down, Zeb looks into the camera and says "can you guess what I had for breakfast, guys? Smell your faces, guess, c'mon!"

Enter theme music, the seahawks.net logo, then our motto flashes across the screen "Seahawks.net...now with more QB threads and less racism".

Thoughts?

Thoughts?

OK, as everyone still seems to be taking the silkwood shower we all take after the sluice gate to Pehawk's sewer that he calls his mind is opened, I thought that I would revert on a couple of technical points.

Firstly, if Zeb speaks to the camera, isn't that breaking down the fourth wall? If you break down the third wall, then that just means you have a really flimsy set (which, given the
Net server, I am not ruling out for this commercial).

Secondly, can we verify the alleged reduction in racism? I haven't noticed it.

JesterHawk

Reaction score
So is the fact that Pehawk doesn't do anything lewd or offensive an inside joke for the rest of us or just an attempt to make the commercial somewhat marketable? I mean if he isn't 'being Pehawk' he really serves no purpose in the commercial, and as per the JS philosophy might as well be a cap casualty. You also don't have to worry about his ridiculous rider for 12 monkeys and a big horned ram in his dressing room prior to his performance. Something about 'prepping the pipes', whatever that means. I guess it helps with his voice, but he doesn't have a speaking role...

pehawk

Reaction score
We cant afford 3 walls, let alone 4 walls, you Scottsman. Come seed my lawn.

JesterHawk

Reaction score
pehawk":1pohs2ol said:
We can afford 3 walls, let alone 4 walls, you Scottsman. Come seed my lawn.

I'm not sure you understand what you just asked him to do, Scottish slang is different than ours.

cdallan

Reaction score
cdallan":fpzig2gy said:
pehawk":fpzig2gy said:
So, a Spike Lee straight-line dolly shot starts in a highrises lobby, and slowly rolls toward the elevator. The elevator door opens to; Diags, Rock, Jsea and platapus sitting in the elevator.

Enter Zeb...

Zeb squeezes into the elevator, giving off that normal creepy vibe only Zeb can. All the others move towards the elevator walls, to give Zeb more room. At this point Zeb starts licking the left cheek of EVERYONE in the elvator (face cheek, you pervs). Everyone stands there confused and saddened by Zebs sexual assault.

At this point the 3rd wall comes tumbling down, Zeb looks into the camera and says "can you guess what I had for breakfast, guys? Smell your faces, guess, c'mon!"

Enter theme music, the seahawks.net logo, then our motto flashes across the screen "Seahawks.net...now with more QB threads and less racism".

Thoughts?

Thoughts?

OK, as everyone still seems to be taking the silkwood shower we all take after the sluice gate to Pehawk's sewer that he calls his mind is opened, I thought that I would revert on a couple of technical points.

Firstly, if Zeb speaks to the camera, isn't that breaking down the fourth wall? If you break down the third wall, then that just means you have a really flimsy set (which, given the
Net server, I am not ruling out for this commercial).

Secondly, can we verify the alleged reduction in racism? I haven't noticed it.

Just FYI, I did call BS on the alleged reduction in racism here a few weeks ago.