NBA returning to Seattle?

Status
Not open for further replies.

BillHawks

Reaction score
Lords of Scythia":1kg3yq1e said:
Pinksheets - Even if the minority and/or local investors can muster the action to match the offer, Hanson can INCREASE his offer. Dude's a fricken billionaire. The Maloofs are pissing their inheritence away. They ain't turning down millions of dollars. If this mess turns into a bidding war, our boy wins. But it hasn't even got that far.

I don't think Hansen can up his bid on it. But the 7% isn't really important in the grand scheme of things. In fact, it's almost certain that Hansen will win this with his initial bid BUT it still needs to be approved by the NBA.

RealDeal":1kg3yq1e said:
What some people don't understand is that Chris Hansen would not go out and try to buy 7% especially for as much money as he is if he wasn't confident the team would be coming here. (Hmmm lets see I think I am going to over pay for 7% of a team I dont think will move to seattle) yea dont think so.
Sac has missed dead lines and showed un consistency in there own time lines. This is a done deal all that is going on right now from punk ass KJ is a puppet show its all politics.

Got me some new sonics gear and ready.

Whether Chris wins the auction or not doesn't really matter. This is $15.1 million (nothing to the ownership group) that shows that he is completely committed to the cause. The NBA will wait to approve/deny the sale until they vote on the majority as well. That way if the Kings stay in Sacramento Hansen doesn't own a minority share in something he has no interest in. The 7% is kind of a no-lose situation for Hansen.

Throwdown

Reaction score
I'm still wondering why Mastrov/Ranadive/Jacobs haven't put forth a new number amount to the NBA yet.

Blitzer88

Reaction score
Wow this is low for Sonics fans to do.....A sonic fan bought the domain name/webpage for http://herewestay.org/ which is the slogan being used by Sac-Town in its move to keep the Kings and well......check it out for yourself. Pretty low for someone to do I believe.

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
Pretty low I agree, but KJ opened Pandora's box the other day when he said Seattle didn't support the Sonics!

Blitzer88

Reaction score
Man........I really hope we and them over there aren't counting their chickens too early. Still time for a lot to happen in this whole process.

Throwdown

Reaction score
Blitzer88":1h7qb5sb said:
Man........I really hope we and them over there aren't counting their chickens too early. Still time for a lot to happen in this whole process.

Now you're just attention whoring, no news came out today lol

Blitzer88

Reaction score
Throwdown":1yg3pf0s said:
Blitzer88":1yg3pf0s said:

Now you're just attention whoring, no news came out today lol

No, I'm talking about Sonics Rising officially being on SBNation now. What if the Sonics don't end up coming back, what do they do with the site? Does it stay on SBNation or does it go back to being a privately owned site? I'm just hoping people don't think now that since there is a official Sonics talking site that they think this is a done deal, still lots of work to do for Hansen and Co.

The Outfield

Reaction score
It would probably go back to a privately owned site or maybe it would stick around on SBNation until we finally get a team.

I don't see it as an affirmation that the Sonics deal is done, more of just a news source for the Sonics deal and eventually (hopefully) a news source for the team in general.

pinksheets

Reaction score
Brian Robinson said on Q13 that the move to SBNation doesn't mean the Kings are definitely coming to Seattle, but that Sonics fans are definitely here to stay. If somehow the Kings deal falls through, are you giving up? I'm not, and I don't think Chris is either.

That being said, we're probably getting the Kings.

Blitzer88

Reaction score
pinksheets":7863laik said:
Brian Robinson said on Q13 that the move to SBNation doesn't mean the Kings are definitely coming to Seattle, but that Sonics fans are definitely here to stay. If somehow the Kings deal falls through, are you giving up? I'm not, and I don't think Chris is either.

That being said, we're probably getting the Kings.

Heck no I'm not giving up if it goes the other way. Thats why I am so intertwined and invested with all the happenings with this event. I love my Sonics and want them to return so badly.

Status
Not open for further replies.