Sando on Harvin

DavidSeven

Reaction score
lee":6vg5j0g2 said:
Harvin has been coddled like a baby that he is, a malcontent just like Mr Rice was.

If Harvin is going to have the same positive influence in the Seattle lockerroom as "a malcontent just like Mr Rice," then I'm even more thrilled.

Sac

Reaction score
DavidSeven":uqtduzhd said:
lee":uqtduzhd said:
Harvin has been coddled like a baby that he is, a malcontent just like Mr Rice was.

If Harvin is going to have the same positive influence in the Seattle lockerroom as "a malcontent just like Mr Rice," then I'm even more thrilled.

I'd too would go from malcontent to team player if i was upgrading from Christian Puker to DangeRuss.

Sarlacc83

Reaction score
lee":o4p1ekvw said:
If it sounds to good to be true,it probably is. The question is 'why' would they trade Harvin? Just like Mr Rice,he wanted to re-do his contract before it was up,the Vikings don't do that. Harvin has been coddled like a baby that he is, a malcontent just like Mr Rice was.Chilly put his job on the line drafting Harvin,he even visited him before the draft at his house. All were saying do not draft this guy,he is poison to any football team. Just like Moss,Harvin plays when he wants to play and if he isn't the center of attention on every play think the fat kid who takes the ball and goes home,,pouting.Harvin missed a lot of time in practice,camps and games,,said he had migraines and dig this,nobody believed him for years until he had one at a practice and everybody thought he was gonna die. This shows you his credibility,,zero. With his style of play and small body,,when they say the NFL means,,'not for long' Harvin will be the poster child. Plus you gave the farm away to get him,,pffffft. He was going to hold out this year and would probably have been cut,,you jumped to soon. Last poll I saw in the Mnpls paper,,75% of fans said good riddance,,what does that tell you?

So, on a scale of 1-10, how sour are those grapes?

RichNhansom

Reaction score
Poor Vikings fans. Well that's Karma for ya.

The use of the poison pill was just an example of the way that organization does business. When you play dirty you shouldn't complain because you got a little mud on ya.

I can't speak for anyone else but after seeing the Vikings never get a ring with Hutch and then watching us peel away Burleson, Rice, Harvin and Bevell, I feel vindicated. Sorry you don't like the way your organization is running things. Mine kicks ass.

Subzero717

Reaction score
RichNhansom":14l45equ said:
Poor Vikings fans. Well that's Karma for ya.

The use of the poison pill was just an example of the way that organization does business. When you play dirty you shouldn't complain because you got a little mud on ya.

I can't speak for anyone else but after seeing the Vikings never get a ring with Hutch and then watching us peel away Burleson, Rice, Harvin and Bevell, I feel vindicated. Sorry you don't like the way your organization is running things. Mine kicks ass.

We actually used a pill to get Burleson.

Btw did anyone else catch that Hutchs twitter handle was poisonpill76. What a richard.

BBHawks

Reaction score
The ability to sign all those free agents next year is what worries me the most about the Harvin deal. You guys can talk about the idea that if guys want to win a Super Bowl they stay at a discount all you want, but I just don't see it. Who does that anymore? I guess what bothers me the most is that there is Tavon Austin sitting there in the first round. They could have packaged picks and moved up to take him and they'd have a player just like Harvin only probably faster for a small fraction of the money. And the other thing is what team has done well with high-priced free agents lately? Anybody? Sorry, but the whole thing gives me the creeps. I'm excited about Harvin because he's an awesome player but there are a lot of ways this could blow up in the Hawks' faces.

DavidSeven

Reaction score
BBHawks":3myn1xmh said:
I guess what bothers me the most is that there is Tavon Austin sitting there in the first round. They could have packaged picks and moved up to take him and they'd have a player just like Harvin only probably faster for a small fraction of the money. And the other thing is what team has done well with high-priced free agents lately? Anybody? Sorry, but the whole thing gives me the creeps. I'm excited about Harvin because he's an awesome player but there are a lot of ways this could blow up in the Hawks' faces.

Austin is being discussed as an early to mid first rounder. He's not under the radar anymore. Seattle would have had to give up a ton to move up far enough to get him. Far more than they have up to get Harvin. Just as an example, Atlanta gave up two first rounders, a second, and two fourths to move up for Julio Jones, though they did have to get all the way up to the sixth pick.

RichNhansom

Reaction score
BBHawks":3uni2i4o said:
The ability to sign all those free agents next year is what worries me the most about the Harvin deal. You guys can talk about the idea that if guys want to win a Super Bowl they stay at a discount all you want, but I just don't see it. Who does that anymore? I guess what bothers me the most is that there is Tavon Austin sitting there in the first round. They could have packaged picks and moved up to take him and they'd have a player just like Harvin only probably faster for a small fraction of the money. And the other thing is what team has done well with high-priced free agents lately? Anybody? Sorry, but the whole thing gives me the creeps. I'm excited about Harvin because he's an awesome player but there are a lot of ways this could blow up in the Hawks' faces.

Aaron Curry.

You know what you get in Harvin.

brimsalabim

Reaction score
From what I have read about Harvin it sounds like he does not put up with teammates who don't show the same level up preparation for the game that he does? If that is indeed the case then he should be solid in our locker room. People like to compare Russ with Tarkington. Early on Harvin was compared to Amed Rashad. This could get good.