Non-Seattle Area Seahawks fans. How do you get your game?

Seahawk Sailor

Reaction score
California via Negros Occidental, Philippines
While I'm here in the promised land now, I spent 20 years as a migrant wanderer, courtesy of Uncle Sam. In Spain, Afghanistan, and other exotic locales, I got them on AFN (occasionally), but other than that, I had to F5 scores on the Internet (post-Al Gore), and hear by word of mouth or highlights (pre-Al Gore). In California, I either got the games on the Internet by hook or by crook, or went out to watch the games in a bar with all those lovable Raiders and 49ers fans. Back in Maryland, aside from the occasionally nationally televised game, it was either the Internet, or going out to a bar to spend quality time with Redskins, Ravens, and Stealers fans.

I'm so happy to be back home!

c00zie

Reaction score
Parker, CO (Denver suburb)
Been watching on NFL Sunday Ticket since moving away from Seattle in 1996. I've seen every Hawks game since.

Like Boiler said, there's a good Seahawkers group here in Denver to watch games with. Like him, though, I'm busy with my young kids so I haven't been to the get-togethers lately. In the meantime I've been working on getting my son addicted to Seahawks football! Even took him to his first game this preseason here in Denver when Wilson cemented the starting job.

v1rotv2

Reaction score
This is a great topic for me. The wife and I have decided to leave WA and I was wondering how others got their Hawk fix. I was hoping to get this place sold and settled wherever our new home will be before preseason.

two dog

Reaction score
In Yakima I get the 'Hawks on Fox and CBS. Except when money-grubbing Fox and
money-grubbing DISH network do "he said, she said" for a month last fall.

They forced me to hook up a window antennae to receive digital over the air signals
on my bedroom TV. Man, I like the picture better than the High Definition one
from Dish.

As an aside, DISH offers only a college football premium package. No Sunday Ticket.
Might be grounds for changing to Direct.

garrylt4

Reaction score
gwinnUSAF77":3s14r8rv said:
garrylt4":3s14r8rv said:
West Virginia and this will be my 18th year of NFL Sunday Ticket. Don't remember what week I got it that first year but we were playing Kansas City. Go Hawks

What part of WV? I'm from Beckley but being that I'm in the Air Force I haven't lived there for almost 14 years.

Keyser It's in the Western Panhandle in Mineral County on the Maryland border.

Reaction score
I currently live in Belgrade, MT.

I watch on TV if at all possible, but, too cheap to pay for cable, so if on ESPN, etc, I go the route of watching games via my laptop using some internet shenanigans that shall not be named at .net.

Erebus

Reaction score
two dog":3uauqaqy said:
In Yakima

I'm sorry to hear that. I lived there 13 years.

Anyways, being in the military, I'm currently in Aurora, CO, but I'll be moving to the Baltimore area (Ft. Meade) next fall. I get the Sunday Ticket and will continue to do so in Baltimore.

AceBoogie715

Reaction score
Athens, GA

I go to this locally owned restaurant Buffalo's. They have a back room with every game showing that day so it's a nice environment. Sadly, I'm the only Seahawks fan there, and they know it, but they treat me nicely. I always represent!

JonRud

Reaction score
New Jersey.

I watch most games at home in the SeaDen on Sunday Ticket. Before I bought my current house I made sure it had a good LOS for DirecTV or I wouldn't have bought it [knowing I would have kids soon and my days of watching every game at a sports bar were ending].

For some key games when I can sneak away I love to watch at Carlow East bar in NYC, or my favorite place - Century Link Field!

kearly

Reaction score
I lived in Arizona and Colorado for about 15 years. Always tried to avoid hearing the score just so I could watch with suspense during NFL primetime. I'd even tape the bottom of the screen to avoid seeing the ticker. That was rough.

Now I live in Vancouver near Portland and get all the games. I don't know how I ever lived back when I only had Seahawks football on TV maybe 2 or 3 times a year.

Hawkspur

Reaction score
Bristol, England.

NFL Gamepass. It's awesome, although I think that now the Seahawks are contenders more of their games will be blacked out, meaning I'll have to avoid finding out the score for 24 hours. Hopefully it won't happen for too many games.

Sac

Reaction score
Hawkspur":2i2dsouv said:
Bristol, England.

NFL Gamepass. It's awesome, although I think that now the Seahawks are contenders more of their games will be blacked out, meaning I'll have to avoid finding out the score for 24 hours. Hopefully it won't happen for too many games.

There's a solution to that if you have a good internet connection.

Hawkspur

Reaction score
I haven't needed to go that route yet. Fingers crossed Sky TV (who hold the NFL broadcast rights here) still choose to show the games of the teams that have the biggest following here, namely all yhe teams that were good when the NFL was on free TV in the UK in the 80s: the Dolphins, Bears, Giants, 49ers...

Vetamur

Reaction score
Live in Tokyo. I shell out the 250 dollars for the Game Pass that is on offer outside North America on Nfl.com . I get every game all season for every team and they're all archived.

Guardian

Reaction score
volsunghawk":249eck1a said:
Denver, CO.

Usually avoid all mention of the game until the night of the game or day after and I check the Game Rewind.
I live in Minnesota, and do this too. Luckily I work as a preschool teacher, so nobody ever talks football or spoils anything. Then I just keep the radio off on the drive home, avoid .net for the evening, beg my girlfriend not to look it up, then watch it in the middle of the night after it finally becomes available to watch.

MidwestHawker

Reaction score
I'm in Indianapolis. Have one friend with Sunday ticket but he lives an hour away so I don't always make it down there. Rest of the time it's sports bar or online when we're not in primetime.

Thankfully the home market I'm in is an AFC team so I'd like to think that I'll just get cut in on more Seahawk broadcasts now that they're nationally relevant. We'll see.

BelfastHawk

Reaction score
London, UK

As Hawkspur said, sometimes the Seahawks are on Sky TV over here but rarely (I imagine as they get better we may see them more, but you'd be surprised how many times you wouldn't see Seattle, Atlanta - the less fashionable teams - over say the Eagles v Cowboys game that kicks off at 4pm eastern). Otherwise, I 'improvise'.

BASF

Reaction score
San Jose, CA.

I had to go the Sunday Ticket route when the whole "claiming colors" thing heated up and wearing Seahawk blue would have people looking at you a little too hard. Have been happy with it and started building my TV and box collection. I now watch at least three games at a time. It's like my very own sports bar.

grizbob

Reaction score
Utah's Dixie, until this year it was streaming :cry: now I've got the Ticket :D :49ersmall: