NBA returning to Seattle?

Status
Not open for further replies.

BillHawks

Reaction score
Sacramento missed A deadline, but still have another two weeks to submit a bid for the 7%. If it comes in significantly higher (like $20 million cash) then Hansen will lose.

It's risky though because whoever buys it will just be praying the team stays or they're going to own an extra 7% of a team that's in Seattle. All in all it's not that significant other than publicity.

Throwdown

Reaction score
BillHawks":1x5cbis7 said:
Sacramento missed A deadline, but still have another two weeks to submit a bid for the 7%. If it comes in significantly higher (like $20 million cash) then Hansen will lose.

It's risky though because whoever buys it will just be praying the team stays or they're going to own an extra 7% of a team that's in Seattle. All in all it's not that significant other than publicity.

They have 2 weeks but they got exactly a week til they present their case, its not looking too tough on their end all of a sudden. Plus this "Dream Team" of investors they have hasn't even submitted an alternative offer to the NBA.

So, when is the next low blow from KJ coming? he's all of a sudden losing the PR battle he started.

-The Glove-

Reaction score
I saw a tweet earlier that said the deadline was April 1st. Better not be a joke.

The Outfield

Reaction score
Blitzer88":bw9injxp said:
I am now thoroughly confused by this whole 7% deal thing.......

:13: The whole 2 more weeks to work it out thing has left me confused.

CurryStopstheRuns

Reaction score
The Outfield":16m53c55 said:
Blitzer88":16m53c55 said:

From the linked article it mentioned that it is a three week process just to get approved by the NBA to purchase that seven percent.

BillHawks

Reaction score
CurryStopstheRuns":3m9o5apu said:
The Outfield":3m9o5apu said:
Blitzer88":3m9o5apu said:

From the linked article it mentioned that it is a three week process just to get approved by the NBA to purchase that seven percent.

I believe that was for outside parties. The minority owners still have about two weeks to put in a bid. The trustee/judge or whatever doesn't have to accept the bid even if it's higher than Hansen's, so it really would have to be something like $20 million in cash, right now.

Again, it isn't necessarily important for Hansen to win this outside of publicity. I'm actually not sure why any of the other minority owners would want to risk adding 7% to their stake in a team that could be moved.

pinksheets

Reaction score
Reports are that none of the minority owners have any plan to submit a bid. They still could, but it doesn't sound like they will.

Keep in mind if they cross Hansen and he is still awarded the team, he could pretty easily take most of their stake anyways by cashcalling to pay off all of the Kings' debt and to pay their share for the new arena in Seattle. Let's keep in mind, also, that these guys are minority owners for a reason. They aren't the high rollers, they might not have that money on hand to match or beat Hansen, and perhaps they're already negotiating with Hansen to sell him their shares before the capital calls start happening.

pinksheets

Reaction score
It's also worth noting that all of the talk of Sac's group's offer is that it will be strong, fair, competitive, etc., the same talk before we found out Mastrov sent the NBA $3.25 and some Outback Steakhouse gift certificates. I think it's unlikely the Sac group is planning on matching the Seattle offer dollar for dollar, instead counting on sentimentality and an obscene public subsidy to make up the difference. It won't and NBA owners will never tell the Maloofs they have to sell for less. The team is simply not worth as much in Sacramento and it just doesn't pencil out.

When Sacramento talks, Seattle spends. KJ slings mud, Hansen makes it rain. Chris has got this.

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
pinksheets":112tv2as said:
It's also worth noting that all of the talk of Sac's group's offer is that it will be strong, fair, competitive, etc., the same talk before we found out Mastrov sent the NBA $3.25 and some Outback Steakhouse gift certificates. I think it's unlikely the Sac group is planning on matching the Seattle offer dollar for dollar, instead counting on sentimentality and an obscene public subsidy to make up the difference. It won't and NBA owners will never tell the Maloofs they have to sell for less. The team is simply not worth as much in Sacramento and it just doesn't pencil out.

When Sacramento talks, Seattle spends. KJ slings mud, Hansen makes it rain. Chris has got this.
This!

Throwdown

Reaction score
I think we should all pull our money together and get Sac an authentic Sonics jersey for next season, we'll have to make it a hold over from the Kings though. I'm sure most those chumps are gonna be traded.

I really hope Cousins is one of 'em that's gone.

Subzero717

Reaction score
Throwdown":g9n0op0j said:
I think we should all pull our money together and get Sac an authentic Sonics jersey for next season, we'll have to make it a hold over from the Kings though. I'm sure most those chumps are gonna be traded.

I really hope Cousins is one of 'em that's gone.

I got five on it.

Lords of Scythia

Reaction score
SacHawk2.0":2ymxn7di said:
You shut your dirty whore mouth
hheh! HEH! The troll's getting irate from informed logic. Now I know the Sonics are coming back! (knock wood, which I just did).

Lords of Scythia

Reaction score
Pinksheets - Even if the minority and/or local investors can muster the action to match the offer, Hanson can INCREASE his offer. Dude's a fricken billionaire. The Maloofs are pissing their inheritence away. They ain't turning down millions of dollars. If this mess turns into a bidding war, our boy wins. But it hasn't even got that far.

RealDeal

Reaction score
What some people don't understand is that Chris Hansen would not go out and try to buy 7% especially for as much money as he is if he wasn't confident the team would be coming here. (Hmmm lets see I think I am going to over pay for 7% of a team I dont think will move to seattle) yea dont think so.
Sac has missed dead lines and showed un consistency in there own time lines. This is a done deal all that is going on right now from punk ass KJ is a puppet show its all politics.

Got me some new sonics gear and ready.

Throwdown

Reaction score
Was at the mall today waiting for my glasses. Man! There was a lot of Sonics gear out! Felt good just looking at em.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts