Seahawks were interested in Mike Wallace

DavidSeven

Reaction score
Personally, I don't think the choke artist stuff in regard to Romo is blown enough. He doesn't just choke away playoff games. He's played horribly in almost every prime time game he's ever been involved in. This guy doesn't do well when the spotlight is bright. Look at their record the last three seasons: 8-8, 8-8, 6-10. We've had QBs who could have taken us to those records with the same surrounding talent in Dallas.

HawkWow

Reaction score
DavidSeven":2f6u8wi8 said:
Personally, I don't think the choke artist stuff in regard to Romo is blown enough. He doesn't just choke away playoff games. He's played horribly in almost every prime time game he's ever been involved in. This guy doesn't do well when the spotlight is bright. Look at their record the last three seasons: 8-8, 8-8, 6-10. We've had QBs who could have taken us to those records with the same surrounding talent in Dallas.

Yeah, but he was stuck with Bryant, Witten, Austin and Murray. Hard to win games with guys like that. ;) In fairness to Romo, he has a crap line, but that does not excuse his deer in the headlights look every time a play has to be made. Perhaps one of the most over-rated QBs of this era and I am now convinced he has pictures of Jerry Jones wearing a little bo peep outfit.

DJrmb

Reaction score
HawkFan72":t6g024z8 said:
Probably just Schneider doing his regular "leave no stone unturned" gig, but still interesting to hear that we contacted the Wallace camp at some point. This is just the first confirmation that I have seen that says the Hawks were even looking in his direction at any point. And that we were only one of a handful of teams to do so. Once we saw just how much money was being talked about was probably the cue to stop pursuing him.

Mike Wallace Jr. claims his son actually turned down more money from the Minnesota Vikings. The St. Louis Rams and Seattle Seahawks were among the teams that also showed interest, according to Wallace's dad.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap10...offered-mike-wallace-richer-contract-dad-says

John Schneider specifically said they "Were not involved with any of the Free Agent WR's"

http://mynorthwest.com/category/pod_player_sports/?a=9953606&p=1034&n=John Clayton Show (27 minute mark)

- I smell BS here. Either Schneider is lying or Wallace's dad is trying to compensate for his son for some reason?

I think it's safer to bet that Schneider was the more truthful. Both Pete and John have been very honest about things in past interviews. They have told us exactly what they were going to do and have gone out and done it for a few off-seasons now.

HawkWow

Reaction score
"Dads" should just shy away from the media, IMO. I too trust JS over some malcontents daddy. What else has he told his dad? That Paul Allen offered him a share of the Trailblazers? That he is secretly working for the CIA and once smothered Beyonce' in mayonnaise?

All of this has to be taken with a grain of salt. The good news is we got Harvin and NOT Wallace. Wallace Sr. only needs to know he will have nice seats, a Rolex and a T-shirt featuring a mammal jumping through a hula hoop.

BlueTalon

Reaction score
DJrmb":1sxgo4l5 said:
HawkFan72":1sxgo4l5 said:
Probably just Schneider doing his regular "leave no stone unturned" gig, but still interesting to hear that we contacted the Wallace camp at some point. This is just the first confirmation that I have seen that says the Hawks were even looking in his direction at any point. And that we were only one of a handful of teams to do so. Once we saw just how much money was being talked about was probably the cue to stop pursuing him.

Mike Wallace Jr. claims his son actually turned down more money from the Minnesota Vikings. The St. Louis Rams and Seattle Seahawks were among the teams that also showed interest, according to Wallace's dad.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap10...offered-mike-wallace-richer-contract-dad-says

John Schneider specifically said they "Were not involved with any of the Free Agent WR's"

http://mynorthwest.com/category/pod_player_sports/?a=9953606&p=1034&n=John Clayton Show (27 minute mark)

- I smell BS here. Either Schneider is lying or Wallace's dad is trying to compensate for his son for some reason?

I think it's safer to bet that Schneider was the more truthful. Both Pete and John have been very honest about things in past interviews. They have told us exactly what they were going to do and have gone out and done it for a few off-seasons now.

"Showed interest" is not the same thing as "was involved with." It's possible the Seahawks phoned the Wallace camp just long enough to find out what the starting numbers really were -- which Wallace's dad could fairly interpret as "interest", but wouldn't qualify as "involvement" to JS. I don't assume either side was lying in this situation.

themunn

Reaction score
Rat":3drte0s4 said:
The Romo choke stuff is WAY overblown. He has been pretty studly for most of the past few years.

Peyton Manning is a choke artist too.
Romo is no better/worse than Matt Ryan

Rat

Reaction score
themunn":zvlxtnz5 said:
Rat":zvlxtnz5 said:
The Romo choke stuff is WAY overblown. He has been pretty studly for most of the past few years.

Peyton Manning is a choke artist too.
Romo is no better/worse than Matt Ryan
Romo is way better than Matt Ryan. If we hadn't lucked out in the draft last year, and the Cowboys had let him go, I'd be thrilled to get Romo for what the Cowboys got him for.

Bigpumpkin

Reaction score
Rat":q9tq11f2 said:
Romo is way better than Matt Ryan. If we hadn't lucked out in the draft last year, and the Cowboys had let him go, I'd be thrilled to get Romo for what the Cowboys got him for.

Me thinks that your proximity to Texas must be affecting your mind! :roll:

LudwigsDrummer

Reaction score
Romo will continually get your team into draft position #17.
It is not whether he has blown big games, it is that his w/l record in big games is about 1-16.

Winterfell

Reaction score
If we had a Mike Wallace paired with Percy Harvin, I would probably say in 2013 the Seahawks will field a record-breaking offense, for sure.