how many portland based seahawks fans are out there?

The Essential Online Seahawks Fan Forum Community. There simply is NO substitute. RATING: PG-13
  • curious how many fans we draw from portland and whether or not the natural seattle vs. portland vibe keeps people away. portland fans speak up, is it hard for you to root for a team with "seattle" in front of it?
    chimpanjesus
    NET Rookie

• I live in Portland now, but I'm from Washington. Most of my friends are also transplants so I'm not able to give you a great answer.
    cacksman
    NET Veteran

• There are a lot of people from the Portland area, and other parts of Oregon that post here. And no, its not hard to root for a team from Seattle, not sure why it would be.

Everybody I know really likes Seattle.

As for Portlander's in general, when it comes to football I think we're a bandwagon town. When the Seahawks are good there are a LOT of people down here wearing Seahawks gear. Also see a lot of Packers stuff, some 49er stuff, and a smattering of pretty much every other team.
    JSeahawks
    * NET Moderator *

• Four. Four Portland-based Seahawks fans.
    Colt 45 and two zig zags.
    peachesenregalia
    * NET Starfish *

• Portlander here too. I know it's not Seahawks mecca here but it's damn near heaven compared to Reno (where I was living prior to Oregon).
    sturg78
    NET Veteran

• cacksman wrote:I live in Portland now, but I'm from Washington. Most of my friends are also transplants so I'm not able to give you a great answer.

Same here. I live in the portland area, but I am originally from Yakima Washington.
    bellingerga
    NET Veteran

• I live in WA and used to be a Portland Trailblazer season ticket holder since we live closer to Portland than we do Seattle. I hated the Sonics but I have always rooted for the Seahawks and Mariners.
    dbmack
    NET Starter

• peachesenregalia wrote:Four. Four Portland-based Seahawks fans.

bellingerga
    NET Veteran

• im from vancouver wa
    ProckHawks
    NET Rookie

• ProckHawks wrote:im from vancouver wa

:th2thumbs:
    bellingerga
    NET Veteran

• dbmack wrote:I live in WA and used to be a Portland Trailblazer season ticket holder since we live closer to Portland than we do Seattle. I hated the Sonics but I have always rooted for the Seahawks and Mariners.

this is me to a T. always loved the M's, Blazers and Hawks. couldnt stand the Sonics. being so close to Portland, i never really attached to a team that was farther away.
    muxpux
    NET Veteran

• new poll...

how many Seattle based Portland strip club fans are out there?

*raise hand*
    Hawknballs
    NET Veteran

• new poll, who likes boobies?
    SNDavidson
    NET Veteran

• SNDavidson wrote:new poll, who likes boobies?

who doesn't?
    bellingerga
    NET Veteran

• You are correct sir, forgive me, that was an insult to boobies everywhere.
    SNDavidson
    NET Veteran

• i have a few ex gf's that work at casa diablo and sassy's lol I know all about portland stripclub. Amen
    ProckHawks
    NET Rookie

• I was born in Seattle a long time ago, and now I live in Vancouver. I watched the Redskins playoff game at Big Al's with about 100-200 other fans. They didn't seem at all like casual or bandwagon fans. It got pretty rowdy in there. I thought people were going to flip tables when Marshawn scored that 4th quarter TD. They were almost as rabid as Washington State fans during the Apple Cup.
    Last edited by kearly on Tue Mar 26, 2013 11:11 pm, edited 2 times in total.
    kearly
    * Mr Random Thought *

• oh don't even get me started on this one...
    Image Image
    ImageImage
    djTOY2000
    Eli Positioner Extraordinaire

• Hawknballs wrote:new poll...

*raise hand*

Acrop for steaks, beer, and boobs.

Go Hawks.
    SouthSoundHawk
    NET Veteran

• I Grew up in Kent and graduated class of 83' from Kentridge. Moved to Portland area after college and have been here ever since. We had season tickets since the beginning......and you can NEVER shake that off. Still represent the Seahawks proudly here in little ol' West Linn, OR.
    Twitter: @NWSeahawk
    impacthawk
    * NET Alumni *

• Hawknballs wrote:new poll...

*raise hand*

Portland, Anchorage and Mexicali. Yes, Mexicali. Best trim clubs in the world.
    CALIHAWK1
    *PLATINUM SUPPORTER*
    *PLATINUM SUPPORTER*

• Ya gotta wonder about people that wear hats with a zero on em :mrgreen:
    Why is it when I try to come off as a smart ass, the opposite happens? :-(
    grizbob
    *TOP 5 SUPPORTER*
    *TOP 5 SUPPORTER*

Location: Born in Oakharbor, raised in the west, sentenced to life in St George

• muxpux wrote:
    dbmack wrote:I live in WA and used to be a Portland Trailblazer season ticket holder since we live closer to Portland than we do Seattle. I hated the Sonics but I have always rooted for the Seahawks and Mariners.

this is me to a T. always loved the M's, Blazers and Hawks. couldnt stand the Sonics. being so close to Portland, i never really attached to a team that was farther away.

Yep me too !
    m0ng0
    NET Veteran

• There are a pretty good number of us down here. Zebulon Dak is another from the Rose City.

Portland is not a big sports town in general, and it's definitely a cultural mix because of all the people who are transplants. (I'm one.)

No, it's not hard to root for the Seahawks because they represent the Pacific Northwest as far as I'm concerned. They're not nearly as localized as teams on the East Coast. (Look at the relative distance between DC, Baltimore, Philadelphia, and NY for reference.)
    Super Bowl Champions XVLIII

RIP Radish: Check your PMs. Upper right corner.
    Sarlacc83
    * NET Philistine *

• I live in the 'couve, but grew up in Yakima.
    Jayburd14
    *BRONZE SUPPORTER*
    *BRONZE SUPPORTER*

• ProckHawks wrote:i have a few ex gf's that work at casa diablo and sassy's lol I know all about portland stripclub. Amen

casa diablo is crazy man. The private dances are too expensive but the girls on stage really earn their money.
    Hawknballs
    NET Veteran

• Not for me since I'm from Washington originally . What annoys
    Me about living Oregon is the amount of bandwagon fans down here, its crazy.
    jhawk91
    NET Veteran

• jhawk91 wrote:Not for me since I'm from Washington originally . What annoys
    Me about living Oregon is the amount of bandwagon fans down here, its crazy.

I find bandwagon fans in every town. Look at Mariners when they are winning as opposed to last year.
    CALIHAWK1
    *PLATINUM SUPPORTER*
    *PLATINUM SUPPORTER*

• Portlander here! Well, Beaverton, fully dedicated fan since '99, bandwagon before.

Met a number of .net people while using my BeavHawkFan moniker at the last Cheney Training camp.
    Looking forward to making any local planned get together, when I cannot wrangle up the company seats. :2:
    BeaHUman
    NET Bench Warmer

• I'm down in S. Oregon...among the Whiners and Oakland Thugs fans...
    BadgerVid
    NET Bench Warmer

• Grew up in Olympia, now residing in Tigard (just south of Portland). Rabid Hawks fan since team inception.

Portlanders in general have no issues with Seattle that I've heard of since living here. The only ones who have the "little brother" syndrome are the people who "represent" Portland, ie: the local ESPN radio station.

Unless I've been going to the wrong places, Portland isn't a very good pro football town. They love their Blazers, are divided with Duck and Beaver fans, and I do see a lot of Hawk gear, but overall not real hot on pro football.

Now, the Timbers are another matter. Evidently soccer is the official sport of hippes and rabid liberals everywhere.
    Hawks46
    NET Veteran

• I wear my Seahawk hat everyday and get plenty of "Go Hawks" etc etc....more so lately
    BGHawk
    NET Veteran

• I live in PDX, but grew up in Friday Harbor WA. Been a Seahawks fan my whole life.
    SHOCKER315
    NET Veteran

• Hawks46 wrote:
    Now, the Timbers are another matter. Evidently soccer is the official sport of hippes and rabid liberals everywhere.

Pretty much, yeah. Hipsters unite!

.....................................................................................-Webzone Niner fan GhostOfJimmyDean
    Trenchbroom
    *SILVER SUPPORTER*
    *SILVER SUPPORTER*

• I was born in LA. Grew up in Spokane. Moved back to Cali and currently reside in West Seattle so I don't have a clue about what Portland thinks about the Hawks. The Timbers and Blazers suck.
    CALIHAWK1
    *PLATINUM SUPPORTER*
    *PLATINUM SUPPORTER*

• Born in LA, moved to Gresham as a child right before the Seahawks were born, still family branching out in the Portland/Vancouver area, all Seahawks fans. Little Sis brings her clan of 7 up every year for at least one game.
    "The life you lose may be your own" - Drunk dude at the bar
    loafoftatupu
    I'M JIMMY!

• Giblien wrote:I'm from the Portland area, though I will be moving to Yakima, WA in June.

There better be a REALLY GOOD reason to move to Yakima.
    cacksman
    NET Veteran

• Born in Washington, raised in Everett, lived in Louisiana for 5 yrs, moved up to Portland, now live in Tualatin, been a Seahawks fan since day 1.
    Rose City Hawk
    NET Veteran

• cacksman wrote:
    Giblien wrote:I'm from the Portland area, though I will be moving to Yakima, WA in June.

There better be a REALLY GOOD reason to move to Yakima.

To help take care of my wife's step-father who has Parkinson's. Also, 100 more days of sunshine a year.
    Giblien
    NET Veteran

• I met more Seahawks fans in San Diego in 2 days than I've met in Portland in 10 years. That might be an exaggeration and probably skewed by likelihood due to proximity but it sure felt that way.
    Image Image Tanzania¹² Image "ALERT THE LEGION!!!"
    Zebulon Dak
    * The Producer *
    * The Producer *

• Btw I've recently heard that Nepo 42 in NE Portland is a Seahawks bar. If we do any get togethers next year (aka if you guys stop being lame) we might want to check out that spot. Good wings too, from what I've heard.
    Zebulon Dak
    * The Producer *
    * The Producer *

• I'm from Western Washington but will be moving to Portland this summer for work. Would be down for a get together.

As far as fans down their, last summer I didn't seem to notice many people waving the 12th man flag.
    Loud and Proud - THEE 12th Man
    WSUhawk4life
    NET Practice Squad

• WSUhawk4life wrote:I'm from Western Washington but will be moving to Portland this summer for work. Would be down for a get together.

As far as fans down their, last summer I didn't seem to notice many people waving the 12th man flag.

There's really not that many football fans down here. Lots of Ducks fans but they're usually not really actual football fans. I definitely saw more Hawks gear this past season than ever before, though not by a lot.
    Zebulon Dak
    * The Producer *
    * The Producer *

• I live in camas, close enough to Portland to realize they don't care too much for the greatest league in the world!
    gohawks12
    NET Practice Squad

• From Portland, but moved to Seattle a few years ago. The Seahawks fans in Portland are not very vocal. Portland suffers from little brother syndrome and there is a lot of backlash I have seen to anything Seattle amongst die hard fans. You will probably find more 49er fans there than Seahawks fans.
    Zybot
    NET Practice Squad

• Zybot wrote:From Portland, but moved to Seattle a few years ago. The Seahawks fans in Portland are not very vocal. Portland suffers from little brother syndrome and there is a lot of backlash I have seen to anything Seattle amongst die hard fans. You will probably find more 49er fans there than Seahawks fans.

what this man sayeth be the truth indeed.
    Zebulon Dak
    * The Producer *
    * The Producer *

• "There's really not that many football fans down here. Lots of Ducks fans but they're usually not really actual football fans. I definitely saw more Hawks gear this past season than ever before, though not by a lot."

Good point about Ducks fans. I really don't see the little brother syndrome all that much. People from Portland are similar to that in Seattle in many aspects, most being fairly mellow (maybe it's the NW weed). There's a lot more unwashed hippies, and too many people trying way too hard to be liberal or "progressive". I do see Hawks gear, but like others said, it's not a real vocal following. The Hawks fans I met while living in Vegas were a lot more vocal and represented better.

I'd be down to meet up on Sundays at a bar but my issue is that I have two boys (who like football) so I have to find a kid friendly pub.
    Hawks46
    NET Veteran

• Me too... Vancouver WA, late of Colorado Springs (Eff you, Elway!)

Always been a Seahawks fan... just always.
    "We walked our (pedestrian) ass to the Super Bowl"
    Angry Doug
    "We got grit. That's it."
    Earl Thomas.
    "Check your PMs"
    Pithy Radish.
    Rocket
    NET Veteran

• Count me in. When I ask some fellow co-workers if they like any sports to try to start some conversation in my past couple of jobs I get responses like... "Not really, just the super bowl." and "nope, don't watch tv." and from one guy I used to work with. "Sports are just a way for corporations to control you."

Those are the most common responses... either that or "yeah, I'm a huge cowboy/49er/packer/steelers/patriot/giants/ravens fan"
    JGreen79
    NET Starter

Next

It is currently Fri Oct 24, 2014 5:49 pm

Please REGISTER to become a member

Return to [ THE OFFICIAL NET NATION FAN FORUM ]

Information