Compensation for trading Flynn

What compensation is fair for trading Flynn

• 1st+ (I wouldn't trade him he's too valuable)

Votes: 3 7.1%
  • 2nd rd pick (tradable but we better get good value for him)

Votes: 6 14.3%
  • 3rd-5th rd (rather have a mid rd pick for JS to work his magic)

Votes: 19 45.2%
  • 6th-7th rd (I'll take anything just get rid of his salary)

Votes: 2 4.8%
  • Swap picks in the 2nd or 3rd (need quality picks over quantity)

Votes: 12 28.6%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

QuahHawk

Reaction score
There has been much spectulation about how Flynn will be traded. There are valid argument for and against trading Flynn. I just want to get the pulse on what level of compensation do you expecpt r think is a fair trade.

I think 3rd or 4th round vale us fair but I really like the idead John Clayton had. Swap 3rd with oakland which is aprox a 4th round value, and get a conditial 5th up to a 4th next year as well. I don't think we need as many rookies to come in and compete as we need quality rookies. An early 3rd this year is not a big drop off from a late 1st early 2nd beacause this draft has a very large group graded as 2nd round talent.

nwgamer

Reaction score
I see us trading up in a round for him. I also think there is going to be an imminent free agency signing as well. Possibly Abraham.. or maybe even Freeney. Freeney wants more than Osi and Osi got 8.5 for over 2 years.

OP
OP
QuahHawk

QuahHawk

Reaction score
Throwdown":1733cvgq said:
Oakland doesn't have a 2nd.
That's correct but Oakland is not the only team out there that could potentially make a trade for him. Although it seems that it is immenet that they will.

CamanoIslandJQ

Reaction score
Maybe a 7th round pick this year and a 3rd round pick next year. JS might want to replace the 7th this year and next years 3rd given up for Harvin. That sounds like something JS would do and sounds fair.

TheWebHead

Reaction score
Raiders don't have a 2nd to swap, could be a 3rd or 4th round swap and conditional 2014 from 5th to 7th round

ivotuk

Reaction score
I've been on the 3rd - 4th round bandwagon for awhile now, prove me right Johnny! :th2thumbs:

OP
OP
QuahHawk

QuahHawk

Reaction score
Zebulon Dak":1i7penyo said:
Are you gonna make everybody who guesses wrong eat crow?

Haha good one. No need to reharsh an old topic.... right?

McGruff

Reaction score
I'm in a take what we can get mode with Flynn .. . Not because he's bad, but because his salary represents a significant distraction to our team, and he deserves a chance to start elsewhere.

Happy

Reaction score
Let's wait until we know the trade has gone through and what compensation actually is before creating a topic on it. I think most everyone can agree clarity trumps attention whoring in this situation.

Thanks.

Status
Not open for further replies.